Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

custom Accufab TB setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-07, 03:13 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default custom Accufab TB setup?

I am interested in purchasing a custom Accufab TB setup from an IS owner. His IS is turbocharged but I was wondering if I could use this setup on my NA GS3? The TB is larger but I think the mani is stock. According to him, the butterfly inside the plennum is set to remain open. It also includes custom throttle cable brackets that allow me to use the stock cable. He also told me the I would need an safc, which I have, but he also mentioned that he is not sure if the stock computer can control the Idle Control Motor. Will it be able to control it and is it even possible to do this before I even consider buying this setup? If so, what problems may I encounter when bolting on this setup? Here's the link to the pic:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...103390&cat=500

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mex lex; 07-09-07 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to post link to pic
Old 07-09-07, 04:24 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

The ACIS butterfly valve is commonly removed or disabled for boosted cars. It causes a flow restriction and creates a lot of noise at high boost levels. It's supposed to help NA cars by closing it's acting as a makeshift long runner setup. At higher rpm's the valve opens changing the manifold to a short runner setup. As for that throttle body working with your stock ecu car or not...that all depends if he removed the drive by wire setup on the throttle body which I would say so because it's missing the motor and actuator. Really, there's not going to be too much gain from getting a bigger throttle body unless you're boosted. Cost benefit ratio...I say nay. Just get an aftermarket intake, header, SAFC, and get it tuned. That's about as good as you're gonna get with a GS3 N/A motor unless you spend some big bucks.
Old 07-09-07, 04:40 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the info. I got excited hoping it would work but thanks for putting it all in perspective. I appreciate help.
Old 07-09-07, 07:36 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
I am interested in purchasing a custom Accufab TB setup from an IS owner. His IS is turbocharged but I was wondering if I could use this setup on my NA GS3? The TB is larger but I think the mani is stock. According to him, the butterfly inside the plennum is set to remain open. It also includes custom throttle cable brackets that allow me to use the stock cable. He also told me the I would need an safc, which I have, but he also mentioned that he is not sure if the stock computer can control the Idle Control Motor. Will it be able to control it and is it even possible to do this before I even consider buying this setup? If so, what problems may I encounter when bolting on this setup? Here's the link to the pic:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...103390&cat=500

Thanks in advance.
You would need a standalone unit or this application. The stock TPS scale a little different than after unit. Your stock TPS would like to see 13% when the engine is at idle. Also don't forget idle speed, cruise control is built into the stock throttle body. You shoud look into playing with the VVT-I.
JPI