Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in headers (this is a public pole)
Yes, for an IS350
70.97%
Yes, for an IS250
17.74%
No, I like being lame.
6.45%
I have no interest in headers for various reasons (stock is fine for me, worried about inspection, etc)
4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Please post if you are a 2IS owner with interest in Headers (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 12:07 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have my digi camera anymore but my cell phone will have to do. i will try sometime during the week. u want underneath the chassis and engine and on the sides correct?
Old 07-17-07, 12:26 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
i dont have my digi camera anymore but my cell phone will have to do. i will try sometime during the week. u want underneath the chassis and engine and on the sides correct?
as much as i can get that shows the stock header, and where the axle passes through. if you don't have hosting for the pics, let me know and i'll give you my email address.
Old 07-17-07, 04:44 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i got to do an oil change in about 500 miles, which will prob be in a the next 2 weeks sometime. so once it's up in the air and hopefully i'll remember to take pics. the car will be on ramps so pretty much the suspension will be like it is normally on the road. if i got time this friday i will do it then also and get some pics.
Old 07-17-07, 05:27 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
i got to do an oil change in about 500 miles, which will prob be in a the next 2 weeks sometime. so once it's up in the air and hopefully i'll remember to take pics. the car will be on ramps so pretty much the suspension will be like it is normally on the road. if i got time this friday i will do it then also and get some pics.
You must not want them very bad if you aren't willing to spend 2 minutes driving up on ramps before your oil change...
Old 07-17-07, 07:53 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gernby
You must not want them very bad if you aren't willing to spend 2 minutes driving up on ramps before your oil change...
trust me i want them. i work from 9 in the morning to 8 at night then it's time to party haha. soon though give me some time. i won't let u down or the club lex scene for that matter. i want to get a digi first so the pics come out good and clean.
Old 07-17-07, 08:39 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

i can say all ready that the AWD isn't a HUGE priority, i mean i asked for pics when i was working on the turbo manifolds, and got nothing .... and no disrepect towards you, everyone gets busy, but i would think if you couldn't do it someone else w/ one would have offered really quickly if there was a huge demand for them.

the way it sits right now the 350 will probably get the most love since it has the most response. these will of course fit the 250 as well, but i don't have a 250 in the shop to take all the cam specs and such from like i do w/ the 350. If someone
wants to let me tear apart the top half of the motor (or even better yet do it and give me the specs!), that would be great.

As far as doing the headers all together, i pulled the top half of the 350 apart today to get the measurements needed, and will probably start doing some more playing tomorrow (depending on that paying work that comes in). The headers will be available through carson toyota, and i will work out any details w/ them and let them make the official post about the $ side of it. If you have any questions, please do not PM me, as my PM box is all ready reduced down to a whole 10 pms because of threads similar to this.
Old 07-17-07, 08:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,996 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Why do you need to tear it apart? The cam specs are published by Toyco.
Old 07-17-07, 09:07 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

i would like the actual valve timing when the exhaust valve opens, when it closes etc Intake info would be nice for another project, but the exhaust i need. i have never seen this detailed of info published about the cams on any toyota from any facory source. the other piece of the puzzle that plays an important role in this is the VVTi. Do you know how much advance the cams are running and when?
Old 07-17-07, 09:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,996 Likes on 2,420 Posts

You don't have a TIS subscription? You work on Lexus, but don't have direct access to the best documentation on the cars? I seriously hope you are kidding.

Here's a quick freebie. Subscribe if you need more. There is no way you can call LMS a leader in Lexus tuning if you don't even have access to the OEM documentation every Lexus tech has. There is a LOT more in the New Car Features book under the 2GR-FSE description for the 2006 MY. You would be miles ahead to download and read the entire book. I have, and I don't even work on cars for a living.
Attached Thumbnails Please post if you are a 2IS owner with interest in Headers (merged threads)-2gr-fse-cam-timing.gif  
Old 07-18-07, 05:15 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You don't have a TIS subscription? You work on Lexus, but don't have direct access to the best documentation on the cars? I seriously hope you are kidding.

Here's a quick freebie. Subscribe if you need more. There is no way you can call LMS a leader in Lexus tuning if you don't even have access to the OEM documentation every Lexus tech has. There is a LOT more in the New Car Features book under the 2GR-FSE description for the 2006 MY. You would be miles ahead to download and read the entire book. I have, and I don't even work on cars for a living.

thank you much, honestly no they do not have a current subscription to it, i personally had one when i had my own shop, but wasn't going to keep paying for it when i started there. The shop uses all data because of the fact that they have to work on multiple makes, even though they specialize in lexus. Last time i was on there, the info was very limited for the newer models still, and i have never seen anything that detailed about the VVTi operation on any of the older models, so i assumed we would be kept in the dark again on this one. Good deal, i'll have to do some more research.
Old 07-18-07, 07:31 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fstrnldr
i would like the actual valve timing when the exhaust valve opens, when it closes etc Intake info would be nice for another project, but the exhaust i need. i have never seen this detailed of info published about the cams on any toyota from any facory source. the other piece of the puzzle that plays an important role in this is the VVTi. Do you know how much advance the cams are running and when?
Originally Posted by fstrnldr
thank you much, honestly no they do not have a current subscription to it, i personally had one when i had my own shop, but wasn't going to keep paying for it when i started there. The shop uses all data because of the fact that they have to work on multiple makes, even though they specialize in lexus. Last time i was on there, the info was very limited for the newer models still, and i have never seen anything that detailed about the VVTi operation on any of the older models, so i assumed we would be kept in the dark again on this one. Good deal, i'll have to do some more research.
moonwalking?
Old 07-18-07, 09:41 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

not at all .... like i said when my subscription to the TIS site ran out they didn't have much info at all up on the 2IS, otherwise i would have it saved. I have never seen that much detailed info for any of the older VVTi engine. I did assume that toyota wouldn't release the info again like in the past, but i was wrong. I'm glad toyota started releasing more of the info, and i'm glad lobux is doing some homework, its always good to have people to keep you in check, everyone will make mistakes, so the more people to question things (to a point) the better the products will be.
Old 07-19-07, 09:34 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Why are you going to sell the headers through Carson and not LMS? Kind of curious if it’s not a secret.
Old 07-19-07, 09:36 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mazzuri
Why are you going to sell the headers through Carson and not LMS? Kind of curious if it’s not a secret.
I don't think LMS is an authorized vendor here.
Old 07-19-07, 10:18 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

Originally Posted by car_lost
I don't think LMS is an authorized vendor here.
exactly.... i've all ready gotten my PMs reduced and all sorts of formal warnings since i started at LMS. .... have to just stick to my.IS

Quick Reply: Please post if you are a 2IS owner with interest in Headers (merged threads)