Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Final: Injen or Weapon R

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 03:49 PM
RacingAristo

Default Final: Injen or Weapon R

Okay guys,

I really need all your helps here. Injen and Weapon R are on my intake final list.

Injen Intake System (www.injen.com)

For the enthusiast who is looking for a polished, show quality system we offer the traditional "under the hood" intake. Each intake is engineered for both aesthetics and peak performance and then tested over and over again on a dynomometer for maximum horsepower gain and torque. All components are manufactured in the USA and each kit comes complete with all necessary hardware and vibra-mounts. We are the only manufacture that offers such a wide spectrum of applications.

Weapon R Hyper Intake (www.weapon-r.com)

The Hyper Intake System is the intake that put Weapon·R on the map. With its impressive color coordination to the dyno figures produced by Import Tuner Magazine. Using a high temp resistant aluminum and Foam Dual Velocity Stack V2 Filter,performance is maximized to the fullest potential.

Regardless of the prices, which one would you choose and why? Thank you!
Old 12-21-01, 02:26 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Final: Injen or Weapon R

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Okay guys,

I really need all your helps here. Injen and Weapon R are on my intake final list.

Injen Intake System (www.injen.com)

For the enthusiast who is looking for a polished, show quality system we offer the traditional "under the hood" intake. Each intake is engineered for both aesthetics and peak performance and then tested over and over again on a dynomometer for maximum horsepower gain and torque. All components are manufactured in the USA and each kit comes complete with all necessary hardware and vibra-mounts. We are the only manufacture that offers such a wide spectrum of applications.

Weapon R Hyper Intake (www.weapon-r.com)

The Hyper Intake System is the intake that put Weapon·R on the map. With its impressive color coordination to the dyno figures produced by Import Tuner Magazine. Using a high temp resistant aluminum and Foam Dual Velocity Stack V2 Filter,performance is maximized to the fullest potential.

Regardless of the prices, which one would you choose and why? Thank you!
Dennis,

You already know my answer and why...
Old 12-21-01, 03:01 PM
RacingAristo

Brent,

I really need to meet you this time. Don't forget to bring your car with yah. Basically I'm free everyday (winter break) so hit me a PM that when you are free.
Old 12-21-01, 03:50 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis,

Old 12-21-01, 03:59 PM
RacingAristo

hahaha.....yeah, I do know both of your answers. BTW, thanks for the help today.
Old 12-21-01, 05:27 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis,

haha i dunno even if u do or not they are both very good i would go with Weapon*R ECU and Intake
Old 12-21-01, 06:50 PM
RacingAristo

Okay, you guys are not helping at all! Gladly I will meet with Brent sometime soon either this weekend or next year (WoW, haha) and the decision shall be made by then.
Old 01-15-02, 05:32 AM
RocketSlug
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Injen. It was easy to install and you the engine sounds exciting with it. At normal cruising speeds or in-town it is only slightly louder. . .when you put the pedal down, its racing time.
Old 01-15-02, 07:33 AM
RacingAristo

I heard that Injen had a recall on their IS300 intake. I wonder why....
Old 01-15-02, 09:59 AM
RocketSlug
Driver

It was isolated to the IS300 and it actually lowered performance and/or caused other problems. The redesigned one and its dyno tests are posted on their website. The GS one can't be messed up, since it is essentially identical to a RMM or Swift without the fixed heat shield, albeit which is a desirable feature.
Old 01-29-02, 06:52 PM
RacingAristo

Rocket,

Do you have any pic with the Injen intake? If you do, could you either post them here to email me at racingaristo@clublexus.com. Thank you!
Old 02-04-02, 08:33 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does Injen make an intake for the gs400 application didn't see one on there website.>.?
Old 02-05-02, 09:29 AM
RocketSlug
Driver

I don't know why it wouldn't work. . .however, please contact Injen. Got the digital camera today, photos to follow of my Injen installation.
Old 02-06-02, 04:48 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are pretty much the same except:

Weapon*R is cheaper
Weapon*R has a better filter

plus if u want the weapon*r ecu its an option as well... but ur gett S-AFC rite?
Old 02-10-02, 01:59 PM
RocketSlug
Driver

Default The Injen Pictures

Here is the photo, sorry for the wait.
Attached Thumbnails Final: Injen or Weapon R-injen01.jpg  

Quick Reply: Final: Injen or Weapon R