Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My GS300 74mm Turbo'd

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 11:59 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Adam, I'm about to pull my MAP-ECU to run a Haltech as well. I don't know why but my MAP-ECU with all 4 O2's pulled is still inconsistent as hell. Climate change seems to have a big determining factor. I'll tune for a 90F day and if it's 70 or 100 out...it seems the tune goes off by 1AFR across the board. When running good it will pull like a bat out of hell...whopped up on E46 M3 by 4-5 cars many times. Confirmed kill because same results after 2 more runs. On the other hand, the tune goes to crap at other times and it bogs down like crazy and I can't even hold next to a 350z(usually pull Z's by 7-8+ cars when it's running good). I'm sure you're having this problem as well, hence why you're upgrading to the Haltech.

I'm only running around 12-14psi as well, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to 400-450whp like your setup. Did you do any head or valvetrain work? I don't think the stock head is efficient enough to flow that kinda power with such low boost.

Also, about the tranny. How much did that VB upgrade run you from PFS? Their website is down so I can't check any pricing. Either way, I think I'm gonna go all out and have the tranny race built so it can support the 600-700ish HP or so I plan to run eventually.
Old 09-07-07, 11:19 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Adam, I'm about to pull my MAP-ECU to run a Haltech as well. I don't know why but my MAP-ECU with all 4 O2's pulled is still inconsistent as hell. Climate change seems to have a big determining factor. I'll tune for a 90F day and if it's 70 or 100 out...it seems the tune goes off by 1AFR across the board. When running good it will pull like a bat out of hell...whopped up on E46 M3 by 4-5 cars many times. Confirmed kill because same results after 2 more runs. On the other hand, the tune goes to crap at other times and it bogs down like crazy and I can't even hold next to a 350z(usually pull Z's by 7-8+ cars when it's running good). I'm sure you're having this problem as well, hence why you're upgrading to the Haltech.

I'm only running around 12-14psi as well, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to 400-450whp like your setup. Did you do any head or valvetrain work? I don't think the stock head is efficient enough to flow that kinda power with such low boost.

Also, about the tranny. How much did that VB upgrade run you from PFS? Their website is down so I can't check any pricing. Either way, I think I'm gonna go all out and have the tranny race built so it can support the 600-700ish HP or so I plan to run eventually.
Hey Jeff its been awhile since I logged in here. I have a valve body upgrade from Toyomoto, PM me if you need one as I'm going 5 speed R154 now.

I didn't do any headwork at all just swapped the pistons and rods.