Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Headers from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 03:47 PM
caribmon71
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truth be told, now I'm afraid to install these on my car. Anyone else have anything to contribute?
Old 08-17-07, 03:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by visi0n
all those honda headers all you guys praise are welded inside and out then ground down. DUHH... that is the point. a 1,200 header that is welded inside and out that makes 15+whp on a 4cyl that is making 300+whp. i've not seen one crack.

you can complain about ****ty headers but who ever said they were quality. no wonder why they would cost me like 200 dollars to buy.

better than stock? who knows. but its chrome right?
Please refrain from using cursing per our rules. Thanks.
Old 08-17-07, 04:27 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it matters how the car will be used... it more than likely has to do with heat.
Old 08-17-07, 07:57 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you do install them and let us know how they are, but that is a selfish thing. The first header I ever purchased was a Lightspeed header for my '91 Acura Integra. It was the first performance part I ever purchased, and had no idea what I was in for. It cracked a few months later, and I thought I destroyed the engine in half. Luckily, it was an easy part to swap back.

If you do install them, I think you should assume that you will have to uninstall them at some point. Otherwise, it isn't worth the installation cost.
Old 08-18-07, 01:24 PM
visi0n
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Thanks for your contribution. It's obviously intended to help someone, but I don't see it helping anyone here. eBay does not manufacture headers. They didn't come from "eBay" they came from a vendor on eBay who bought these parts from someone who actually manufactured them.

Do you have anything useful to add, or do you wish to continue to make disparaging remarks that help no one?
sorry i didn't know that ebay didn't make their own products!!! now i know thanks!!!

those headers are the same as sold by megan racing. megan racing uses the same factory in taiwan as OBX and Tsudo. which is also the same company that d2 suspension and ksport is manufactured in, or at least those also come from the same origininating factory in taiwan.

if you look at megan's website they bent the factory dipstick and use one of the mounting bolts for the engine to bolt the dipstick to. its funny because they use a double nut as a spacer to correctly bolt the dipstick.
Old 08-20-07, 02:45 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So basically can we all just agree these headers are junk and people shouldn't buy them nor install them on their cars? Too me, there is no sense in arguing about how to fix junk. Just throw that crap in the garbage can and buy some well made headers.
Old 08-21-07, 11:55 AM
caribmon71
Rookie

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
So basically can we all just agree these headers are junk and people shouldn't buy them nor install them on their cars? Too me, there is no sense in arguing about how to fix junk. Just throw that crap in the garbage can and buy some well made headers.
Thanks for the simplification. They definitely won't go in the garbage, though. If I decide not to install them, I'll just throw them right back on eBay or try to sell them locally.

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who, knowing that the button is going to fall off, pulls on the thread anyway, hoping that it won't. In other words, I foresee myself installing these in the near future as soon as I figure out how to best deal with the O2 sensor issue and as soon as I have a little extra time on my hands.

I'm sorry for the delay, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. By the way, how will I know I have a cracked header???? And most important, is this something which can damage my engine?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-21-07, 12:04 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll be able to see the crack just by looking at it. The crack can be fixed by re-welding where its cracked.
Old 08-21-07, 01:36 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A cracked header will be more obvious by the sound than by the appearance. It won't just be loud, it will sound like total crap! When my header cracked, I thought I had cracked the head or something.

BTW, maybe you should install the headers THEN figure out what the do about the O2 sensors. They will just cause a check engine light until you get it resolved. Then you can figure out which of the 3 solutions would be best for you (mechanical O2 "simulator", electronic O2 simulator, or extended O2 wires and bungs).
Old 08-21-07, 08:07 PM
caribmon71
Rookie

Originally Posted by visi0n
Those headers are the same as sold by megan racing. megan racing uses the same factory in taiwan as OBX and Tsudo. which is also the same company that d2 suspension and ksport is manufactured in, or at least those also come from the same origininating factory in taiwan.

if you look at megan's website they bent the factory dipstick and use one of the mounting bolts for the engine to bolt the dipstick to. its funny because they use a double nut as a spacer to correctly bolt the dipstick.
This is a very interesting post to me, since it answers two issues. First, I originally thought that these were the same as Megan Racing's headers... until I saw the headers I received. The interior construction didn't seem too great. However, if this is true (eBay headers being same as Megan headers), then I'll feel much more at ease. Megan offers a 1 year warranty on their headers. I'm assuming that they believe their headers should last at least this long. Does anyone know for sure if they're sourced from the same factory?

The second issue regards the dipstick adapter. I've been driving this seller crazy asking for the dipstick adapters I did not receive. Can someone explain what the poster of the quoted text meant by:

"...they bent the factory dipstick and use one of the mounting bolts for the engine to bolt the dipstick to. its funny because they use a double nut as a spacer to correctly bolt the dipstick." If anyone has a link to that picture as well, I'm sure it would help me.

Thank you very much!
Old 02-24-10, 03:50 PM
Split
Rookie

sorry to bump a massively old thread, but i feel this likely belongs here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel-...item35a74cfc97
^ has anyone tried these headers yet? They look like they incorporate some sort of HFC...
Old 02-28-10, 03:41 PM
caribmon71
Rookie

Speaking of massively old thread... I'm the originator of the thread and the owner of the headers in question. Just wondering if anyone here remembers me from when I was actively participating in this form from around July 2007 to July 2008.

I disappeared because I accepted a job with the US Census Bureau in Washington, DC. I sold the Lexus in Puerto Rico, moved to Arlington, VA and purchased an Infiniti EX35 (great little car). Buying the headers was a complete waste of money because I never got around to installing them. So I have them and I would love to sell them.

So I put a bunch of things up for sale on ebay the past few weeks, but was not able to unload the headers. I'd like to get $75 for them (includes shipping). Best way to get to me is at fermaint.rios@gmail.com.

They're identical the the ones on this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel-...item35a74cfc97.

You can email me for pictures. I haven't been here in a long time, so if this is in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks and I hope you're all enjoying your Lexus cars!