Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

is250 slow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 10:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

0-60 in 5.1 vs 0-60 in in 7.2, there is a huge difference, my prelude was just a tad faster then an IS250, which is why I went with the 350
Old 08-21-07, 10:25 AM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Wow! the never ending dispute of who is faster than who? the reality is that they look exactly the same and they are lexus so its like dating twins sisters the only diference that one its faster than the other but still look the same when you take them out. also lexus its luxury as many other brands but not all are luxurious as lexus so dont wory be happy and keep in mind that any given day you look better than your average joe in his fast as hell ride.
A perforance car as a daily driver its fun for a couple of months unless its an automatic I had an 04 m3 for 3 months and i hate driving manual in my prescious island of traffic jams so my slowmobile keeps me happy for the moment.
Ps. im thinking of an 08 is350 or 335i just cause they are automatic if they were manual only they will be in my not to buy list.
Old 08-21-07, 10:58 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by siren05
lobracer just so you know 250 with X-package out performs 350 by 4 mph in cone test by road and track(most recent)250 is better balanced car
70.4mph is250
66.8mph is350
68.9mph 335
I read that too, but don't remember what they said about why there was such a difference. I wouldn't expect the X-package to make such a huge difference.
Old 08-21-07, 11:16 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

did the 350 have the x-package in that test?
Old 08-21-07, 11:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

If the IS350 number was from an '06, I'd know exactly why. Weight and balance of the two cars are not significantly different unless the 350 was a lux package with nav & ML and the 250 was stripped except for the X (sport) package. Power isn't generally the deciding factor on a cone run.

I still can't find anything about this comparo online...anybody got a link?

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-21-07 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-21-07, 12:33 PM
siren05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just go to road and track online its there I believe the title is is250mt re-test
Old 08-21-07, 02:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Do I have to subscribe to see it? There's nothing coming back on a search for IS250 except a 2005 IS350 test. Nice article on the Lotus Exige S though...if I could just fit in one...
Old 08-22-07, 03:07 PM
euro.r
Driver

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
how do you know it's not.. have your raced 'em also ?
I don't need to race him. I know the 250 will not beat any of those cars because they're putting down way more hp/tq than his 250 and weight is almost neglible because the Lexus is a fat pig at over 3400lbs.

I always see 250 owners complaining about being too slow, well guess what guys, you bought the wrong car if it's speed you're looking for. Along the same line, you could have had a WRX for about $10,000 less which still spanks your 250 not only in the straight line but in the twisties as well.
Old 08-22-07, 08:19 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Talking The Energizer Thread!

Keeps going and going and going...................!
Old 08-22-07, 11:10 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CarlitosPR
Wow! the never ending dispute of who is faster than who? the reality is that they look exactly the same and they are lexus so its like dating twins sisters the only diference that one its faster than the other but still look the same when you take them out. also lexus its luxury as many other brands but not all are luxurious as lexus so dont wory be happy and keep in mind that any given day you look better than your average joe in his fast as hell ride.
A perforance car as a daily driver its fun for a couple of months unless its an automatic I had an 04 m3 for 3 months and i hate driving manual in my prescious island of traffic jams so my slowmobile keeps me happy for the moment.
Ps. im thinking of an 08 is350 or 335i just cause they are automatic if they were manual only they will be in my not to buy list.
Originally Posted by CarlitosPR
Keeps going and going and going...................!
Well the whole topic of this thread is about speed and the 250, not about looks, or luxury or which is better and why so I don't see what your concern is with this thread??? As long as it is being discussed in a mature and respectful manner, which it appears to be thus far, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 08-23-07, 03:10 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When you purchase a 30k+ car... well anycar since the internet age, you do as much research on it as possible before you buy... right? Theres alot of ppl who dont complain about the speed cuz they knew about it going in and dont need the speed.

I mean come on guys, your getting 30+mpg right? I live on a island and im only averaging 18mpg with a 350, sure the xtra 100+ hp is nice... really nice... really really nice, BUT i dont use it all the time... well most of the time... some of the time? Ok... i use it ALOT of the time... hell i LUBZ IT.

err... what was my point... OH YEA. If i didnt need the speed, i woulda got a ES350, only reason for me to get a is250 would be if i lived in the snowbelt... err... no... theres a GS awd car too right? I dunno... im trying to support you 250 guys but the more i look at this from a speed point of view... i dunno

I'm lost... crusing yes, luxury yes, hella nice car yes, vip material yes BUT speed and is250? If you wanted speed, well you bought the wrong car. sorry i dont get it.
Old 08-23-07, 05:04 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
I'm lost... crusing yes, luxury yes, hella nice car yes, vip material yes BUT speed and is250? If you wanted speed, well you bought the wrong car. sorry i dont get it.
I wanted speed and comfort, and the IS 250 is enough to me. My previous post:

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
I drove my IS 250 auto between Rostock (northen Germany) and Wienna (Austria) on Autobahn this summer. The IS 250 is definitely not underpowered.
Cruise speeds about 110-130 mph is really no problem at all....
Thats enough to me on a daily driver.
Old 08-23-07, 08:09 AM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ramon
Well the whole topic of this thread is about speed and the 250, not about looks, or luxury or which is better and why so I don't see what your concern is with this thread??? As long as it is being discussed in a mature and respectful manner, which it appears to be thus far, I don't see anything wrong with it.
You are rigth! i shall leave this thread alone anyway its the same topic of who is faster again an again an again.
Old 08-23-07, 12:40 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

Originally Posted by euro.r
Your 250 will not beat any of those cars whether it's 0-60, 40-60 or the quarter mile. I don't know how you're "timing" it but it ain't accurate.
Let's see , me in my 250 and friend in the lane next to me with v6 Altima, light turns green, we both nail the gas, I hit 60 mph and let off the gas...Altima goes past me...I don't how that is timed but in my book where we read from left to right that makes "my" 250 faster than friends v6 Altima, I guess if your into paper racing then all the numbers probably are in favor of the bigger liter v6's, now I don't know what would happen in a 1/4 mile but my guess is that the bigger engines would probably get the best of me, but off the line the 250 is alot faster than most people, or magazines, make it out to be.
Old 08-23-07, 02:30 PM
euro.r
Driver

^omg...........

Quick Reply: is250 slow?