Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake drama

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 08:06 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as person installs the unit on the car, all of the "washer" marks and "dirty oil" will be forgotten due to the performance of the unit. I say just install it and enjoy the SRT intake. I've had the unit for the GS300 on my previous car and I have the unit for my current GS430 now.

You will soon forget about your complaints as soon as you install them.

SRT makes a great product for our vehicles.
Old 08-03-07, 08:20 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like customer service was there...good response from SRT. Even coming on here and explaining themselves.
Old 08-03-07, 09:14 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not cool to put a company on blast the way you have. From the sounds of it SRT has made several attempts to making sure you were happy. I think posting something like this about a company that we all know and trust isn't cool. Especially without giving them an opportunity for them to reply back or resolve the problem you were having. I think you might have jump the gun on posting this. I'm sure they will take care of this for you.

just my $0.02 cents
Old 08-03-07, 09:39 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Not so fast

Hi Moe,

First off, yesterday Aug. 2nd was the very first time I've ever got you on the phone. My 1st phone call was on the evening I first received the package, July 27th, and left a voicemail. It was followed by my 1st e-mail at 11:41 p.m. that very same night. The next morning of July 28th I called and spoke with some guy but forgot his name. He told me to call back Monday.

Monday, July 30th, I called again and again and again and finally Rob answered the phone around 3ish p.m.. I was trying to reach you to discuss about your response to my e-mail. Rob told me that only you deal with these problems and to send you another e-mail. I told him I already did and will send another e-mail with pictures this time. Later at 10:10 p.m. on the 30th of July I send you an e-mail with 10 pictures.

Tuesday, July 31st, no response from you so I called again and no one is there.

Wednesday, August 1st, I called again and yet no answer. I finally post pictures on Club Lexus to know if anyone can relate to this problem and surely there is. 'GWELEX'

Thursday, August 2nd, I called all morning but no answer. Finally in the after noontime, around 3ish, you answered the phone. We did talk and you try to explain about the scratches but never explained about where and how the grease could have gotten there. You did agree to take back the defective product and ship out a new one, but how much longer would that take?

I had expected that you did the contacting via phone calls to me since you have that on file but instead I'm calling like crazy trying to reach anyone at your company. You know, I check my e-mail constantly anticipating an answer from you from my 2nd e-mail but no further e-mails came. That is why the pictures came up on the 1st and not July 30th the same night I sent pictures to you. I gave you time…I was more frustrated then I should have been.

Overall, your product should have had some kind of quality control to minimize defection. You still can’t explain about the grease up until now. The paint chipping is still unexplainable. I spoke to some people who knows about paint and they told me it’s possibly because the metal wasn’t prepared right. Your offer to compensate for the return postage was supposed to be a given in the first place because it’s nowhere any near my fault.

Right now the whole box is in the trunk of my car and I’m hesitant to ship it back. With this much of miscommunication I’m very uneasy about what would happen next. It’s like complaining to a waiter about your food, never knows what happens when he brings it to the back. I might as well just keep the product like how ‘subparrnd’ had suggested. What else is there to do?

-John

Originally Posted by Swift Racing
Hey John,
I am really surprised that you posted this here even after the e-mail communications I have had with you as well as the phone conversation I have had with you.

Your 1st e-mail to me was on 07/28/07 @ 02:41AM, stating to me that the item that you received was unsatisfactory, I replied back to you within 12 hours on 07/28/07 @ 03:41PM.
The contents of my reply e-mail was:
"I assure you that the intake you received is brand new as we do not sell any used parts at all. However, if you are unhappy about the way that it looks please return it back to us and we will promptly ship you another unit.

The heat shield does get some scratches during the machining process, it is in every heat shield that we make and sometimes the holes have swirl marks on them during the milling and drilling process."

The next communication I received from you was via e-mail 3 days later on 07/31/07 @ 01:13AM with pictures reiterating that you were unhappy with the product. I promptly replied back to you with 10 hours telling you to please send the entire unit back to us ASAP so I could ship you a whole new kit again.

The next communication I received from you was 2 days later yesterday morning via phone 08/02/07. You were nice on the phone and was actually apologetic for coming out all hard in your 1st e-mail. I again told you to ship the entire unit back to us and even said I will refund you the ground shipping charges for sending the unit back to us (this is typically not covered by us but I wanted to make sure you were happy with your purchase).

I tried to explain to you that there are usually certain scratches on the heatshields as we receive them in big 4'x8' sheets and we have to cut them and machine them in the CNC mill (I do agree that yours were much more than accetable limits), I tried to explain to you that the swirl marks are from the drilling process in the mill which only happens on the top sheet from the metal swinging around and producing the fine swirl marks in the holes. These swirl marks are completely different from a washer mark as you will see when you do install the intake, a washer mark will be one single complete circle that actually indents and digs into the heatshield.

Anyway, my point is that I did everything possible to rectify this process with you, I promptly replied to your e-mails and even spoke to you over the phone, I am simply in aww that you would come here in a public forum and blow this completely out of proportion with only half truths making us look like bad guys and saying that our customer service sucks. If the customer service that we have provided thus far was not top notch and not up to par please do explain to me as to what I could have done different to make it any better.

Thanks guys for reading my side.
Old 08-03-07, 09:41 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Read previous reply

When you experience this, you'll understand buddy. Just for fun, try calling them.

Originally Posted by Rare1
It's not cool to put a company on blast the way you have. From the sounds of it SRT has made several attempts to making sure you were happy. I think posting something like this about a company that we all know and trust isn't cool. Especially without giving them an opportunity for them to reply back or resolve the problem you were having. I think you might have jump the gun on posting this. I'm sure they will take care of this for you.

just my $0.02 cents
Old 08-03-07, 09:43 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Well, that was my whole point of posting this so it could catch their attention since other forms of communication wasn't going too well. I can't be calling and calling and calling all day to get an answer.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
sounds like customer service was there...good response from SRT. Even coming on here and explaining themselves.
Old 08-03-07, 09:50 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

If I had posted anything that isn't truthful then I'll take it back, but from the pictures, and documentations of e-mails from me, and phone calls from me, I don't think I exaggerated about anything. I haven't complained about anyone in the past until I really need to speak up.
Old 08-03-07, 09:53 AM
sbgs400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

racingluxury have you checked your spam filter to make sure replies from SRT weren't junked? i agree with you that the condition of the product that they shipped to you was unacceptable, but it also seems to me that they were more than willing to do the right thing and replace it.
Old 08-03-07, 10:10 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

I wouldn't call the product in question "defective" as you have. I'm sure that it will function as stated. If it were me, I would just put that sucker on and forget about everything. Just enjoy the car with it's new found power!

J.A.T.

Homer

BTW, RL, where in Texas are you? I'm in Houston.
Old 08-03-07, 01:16 PM
Swift Racing
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
I was unaware on this post until someone came to my shop yesterday and told me about the post. I DO NOT FREQUENT CLUBLEXUS ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS A MATTER OF FACT I CAME ON HERE AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS. The person that let me know about the post I have known as a customer for many years now and he knows what type of customer service we provide and suggested that I came and post my side.

Your post here is time stamped 07/28/07 @ 03:00AM. Your 1st e-mail to me was 07/28/07 @ 02:41AM. So in essence you started this post within 20 minutes of your 1st e-mail to us on the same EVENING that you received the product.

You mentioned as to where you provided misleading/false information, well I will prove it to you:
Your Intake was delivered on 07/27/07 @ 05:12PM your time (I just tracked your package). That is 08:12PM EST on 07/27/07, we are already closed at that time. You said you called and called on the 27th after you received the product and no one answered the phone, well obviously because we were closed, then you sent the e-mail at 02:41AM and waited about 19 minutes and posted here complaining about your intake and what lame customer service we have because you could not get a hold of us right away calling us (mind you you were trying to call us after hours) and we did not reply to your e-mail (you only gave us 19 minutes to reply especially at the wee early hours of the morning when most people are sleeping).
So your statement of
I haven't complained about anyone in the past until I really need to speak up.
is clearly false and blowing this whole thing completely out of proportion is the misleading part due to the fact that you obviously could not wait until the next business day to communicate with us 1st before you posted on here.

As far as your question about "You still can’t explain about the grease up until now." is concerned, it is obvious that you have no clue as to how sheet metal is cut in a CNC mill, and you do not understand how it get bent in a 50ton hydro-electric press. Because if you did, you would know that these machines use heavy duty oils and greases during the pressing and milling process and THAT IS WHERE IT CAME FROM. What are you trying to prove here anyways? Are you still trying to iterate that the product you received is used? Because if you are then what you should post and ask here is to see if anyone has EVER sold an intake back to us or EVER returned an intake back to us after installing it. I dare you to find even 1 ever since our inception in 1999, why because it is our strict policy. We manufacture and sell these intakes brand new, we do not buy back used ones nor will we ever sell used ones.

Well you know what it does not matter, I do not have time for this as we do sell well over 100+ intakes every month along with a boat load of turbo kits and many many other parts and our CS is at 100%. But as the saying goes sometimes you just cannot satisfy everyone no matter how hard you try and no matter what you do.

I will say this once again as I have said to you many times before starting with my 1st e-mail to you. Please send the unit back to us so we can ship you a whole new unit. Like I said in my 1st post I believe I have done everything ever since the 07/28 from my 1st e-mail to you to get this resolved. IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT US TO DO PLEASE SAY SO LIKE I SAID IN MY 1ST POST. You received your intake on Friday 07/27 after we were closed for business, we are also closed weekends, so the best you could have done is wait until Monday 08/30 before taking any rash decisions (like posting here) to see what could be done with your intake. But you knew what could be done with your intake the very next day on Saturday because I replied to your e-mail on Saturday morning from my house, I did not ask for any pictures or anything else, I simply said return it back to us and we will send you another one right away. That is the same thing I have been saying for 1 week now and you still respond with
Right now the whole box is in the trunk of my car and I’m hesitant to ship it back. With this much of miscommunication I’m very uneasy about what would happen next. It’s like complaining to a waiter about your food, never knows what happens when he brings it to the back. I might as well just keep the product like how ‘subparrnd’ had suggested. What else is there to do?
Good god man, just send the intake back to us so we can send you another unit right away, what else do you want me to do? Do you need a hug and a kiss as well??????

Anyways I am done with this as I am too busy for this type of psycho drama episodes that some people get on the internet forums. Do what you feel is best for youself John. If you want to return it back to us for a refund that is fine by me as well. Have a great day and weekend sir.

Last edited by Swift Racing; 08-03-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-03-07, 01:35 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default For those of you that say put it on and forget about it->

must be kidding. If you spend $500 for an item you want it to be perfect or near to it. After looking at those pictures I would be pissed too, I don't blame you Racing Luxury for wanting to send it back. Also,this quote from Moe bothered me (this is typically not covered by us but I wanted to make sure you were happy with your purchase) Come on Moe did you see the pics, Racing Luxury or any customer should not have to pay a dime for returning a product that came to their home looking like that. On a good note, I had a SRT intake before I boosted my GS and I must say it is an excellent product.
Regards, Jose
Old 08-04-07, 10:25 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Lame

Moe, I'm not going to argue back and forth with you about communication issues. I'm sure many who tried to call for questions have experienced this type of frustration that I've had. Also, if you said you guys are closed on Saturday, then how come someone answered my phone call but was not much help anyways. My 1st phone call to you guys was just for a heads up, same with my first post here.

For your information my dad works in a manufacturing company so I know pretty well how sheet metal and other fabrications are made. Take a GOOD look at the ugly details on the product you sent me! Does it have to look like that to be sent out? Come on you guys can't think about using pencils or other methods to make measurements on sheet metal? And as if the person cutting this metal doesn't have enough experience as to produce a product as such and not have the decency to clean it a bit. Also, you claim you use a "50ton hydro-electric press," then how come the bend in the metal is curved and not straight? Did someone really just sit on it to make this bend? ref. pic 3. I make straighter bends using just wooden blocks for my aluminum piece.

In closing, I've decided to fix the substandard product that you've sent me and will post a picture of how beautiful it SHOULD be from the start. The only thing I'll send to you is a pack of pencils to use on sheet metals so this ugliness would not happen again for other customers. As for the spray paint problem, I'm going to chrome my intake. A hug and a kiss from you, I'm sure would not satisfy me as like your product. I just hope the ECU DOES make it worth the money. I guess there's a first for everything in life because you guys are the FIRST company I have to complain about.

Happy writing Moe & Comp.

-John

Originally Posted by Swift Racing
John,
I was unaware on this post until someone came to my shop yesterday and told me about the post. I DO NOT FREQUENT CLUBLEXUS ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS A MATTER OF FACT I CAME ON HERE AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS. The person that let me know about the post I have known as a customer for many years now and he knows what type of customer service we provide and suggested that I came and post my side.

Your post here is time stamped 07/28/07 @ 03:00AM. Your 1st e-mail to me was 07/28/07 @ 02:41AM. So in essence you started this post within 20 minutes of your 1st e-mail to us on the same EVENING that you received the product.

You mentioned as to where you provided misleading/false information, well I will prove it to you:
Your Intake was delivered on 07/27/07 @ 05:12PM your time (I just tracked your package). That is 08:12PM EST on 07/27/07, we are already closed at that time. You said you called and called on the 27th after you received the product and no one answered the phone, well obviously because we were closed, then you sent the e-mail at 02:41AM and waited about 19 minutes and posted here complaining about your intake and what lame customer service we have because you could not get a hold of us right away calling us (mind you you were trying to call us after hours) and we did not reply to your e-mail (you only gave us 19 minutes to reply especially at the wee early hours of the morning when most people are sleeping).
So your statement of is clearly false and blowing this whole thing completely out of proportion is the misleading part due to the fact that you obviously could not wait until the next business day to communicate with us 1st before you posted on here.

As far as your question about "You still can’t explain about the grease up until now." is concerned, it is obvious that you have no clue as to how sheet metal is cut in a CNC mill, and you do not understand how it get bent in a 50ton hydro-electric press. Because if you did, you would know that these machines use heavy duty oils and greases during the pressing and milling process and THAT IS WHERE IT CAME FROM. What are you trying to prove here anyways? Are you still trying to iterate that the product you received is used? Because if you are then what you should post and ask here is to see if anyone has EVER sold an intake back to us or EVER returned an intake back to us after installing it. I dare you to find even 1 ever since our inception in 1999, why because it is our strict policy. We manufacture and sell these intakes brand new, we do not buy back used ones nor will we ever sell used ones.

Well you know what it does not matter, I do not have time for this as we do sell well over 100+ intakes every month along with a boat load of turbo kits and many many other parts and our CS is at 100%. But as the saying goes sometimes you just cannot satisfy everyone no matter how hard you try and no matter what you do.

I will say this once again as I have said to you many times before starting with my 1st e-mail to you. Please send the unit back to us so we can ship you a whole new unit. Like I said in my 1st post I believe I have done everything ever since the 07/28 from my 1st e-mail to you to get this resolved. IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT US TO DO PLEASE SAY SO LIKE I SAID IN MY 1ST POST. You received your intake on Friday 07/27 after we were closed for business, we are also closed weekends, so the best you could have done is wait until Monday 08/30 before taking any rash decisions (like posting here) to see what could be done with your intake. But you knew what could be done with your intake the very next day on Saturday because I replied to your e-mail on Saturday morning from my house, I did not ask for any pictures or anything else, I simply said return it back to us and we will send you another one right away. That is the same thing I have been saying for 1 week now and you still respond with

Good god man, just send the intake back to us so we can send you another unit right away, what else do you want me to do? Do you need a hug and a kiss as well??????

Anyways I am done with this as I am too busy for this type of psycho drama episodes that some people get on the internet forums. Do what you feel is best for youself John. If you want to return it back to us for a refund that is fine by me as well. Have a great day and weekend sir.
Old 08-04-07, 10:28 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by SUPRA OWNER
must be kidding. If you spend $500 for an item you want it to be perfect or near to it. After looking at those pictures I would be pissed too, I don't blame you Racing Luxury for wanting to send it back. Also,this quote from Moe bothered me (this is typically not covered by us but I wanted to make sure you were happy with your purchase) Come on Moe did you see the pics, Racing Luxury or any customer should not have to pay a dime for returning a product that came to their home looking like that. On a good note, I had a SRT intake before I boosted my GS and I must say it is an excellent product.
Regards, Jose

Thanks Jose. It's funny how he even thinks twice then writes that huh? And then he writes that they have 100% customer service. Like you wrote, I hope the intake does make a difference. If not, I'll sell it for $100 b/c that's how much I think it should be worth at this point.

-John
Old 08-04-07, 10:29 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sbgs400
racingluxury have you checked your spam filter to make sure replies from SRT weren't junked? i agree with you that the condition of the product that they shipped to you was unacceptable, but it also seems to me that they were more than willing to do the right thing and replace it.
Yes, I even read all of my spams b4 deleting them. Moe was no where to be found. Unless yahoo think he's junk.
Old 08-04-07, 10:30 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Originally Posted by subparrnd
I wouldn't call the product in question "defective" as you have. I'm sure that it will function as stated. If it were me, I would just put that sucker on and forget about everything. Just enjoy the car with it's new found power!

J.A.T.

Homer

BTW, RL, where in Texas are you? I'm in Houston.

Hey Homer, I'm in Houston.

Quick Reply: SRT Intake drama