Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake drama

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-07, 12:04 PM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool

I work over at WSL and I used to have a 2002 SD and now have gotten an 01 GS430 due to the fact that I crave the V-8's power and torque.

We should get a meet together or just go to the "thescenelifestyle"'s meets.

Been to a few and it was OK....

Take car and see you around. I'm on the SW side of town usually.

Homer
Old 08-31-07, 12:38 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

I cant say anything about the actual product

--BUT

I must say, you shud be upset because SRT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE...WRRETCHED!!

THEY NEVERRRRR PICKUP THEIR phone..

I want to get the srt because of its great reviews BUT im not because of their lack of customer appreciation...

I remmeber having to call countless times....and no1 wud pickup I felt for a little while that they had gone out of business...I understand your frustration and will probably not order my srt because of this.

A business who doesnt appreciate their customers does not deserve my businesss
Old 08-31-07, 01:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I just viewed this thread for the first time. Looking at the picture, those nasty washer marks are NOT part of the milling/drilling process. My dad use to certify in CNC-machining. I could give him a complicated design and he could make it without any unusual marks. Scratches, bends, etc do not show up, unless the person who is fabricating the metal is doing a lousy job.

It would be easy to just say "install it and forget about it", but that probably only applies to USED products that has seen abuse. When you're putting down hundreds of dollars, you should be getting that much worth out of the product, no less. If you bought a new car and found out that it had some kind of defect, you too would raise hell.

For what it's worth, I didn't check my SRT intake when I had it, but my K&N intake had no funny marks or bends on it.
Old 09-01-07, 07:01 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd just paint that heat shield with Hi Temp silver paint.
Old 09-02-07, 09:24 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PHML

I know its the principle of the situation, but all this can be fixed with a paper towel and a can of hi temp paint. The intake coating is a different matter, but still the heat shield shouldn't be as much of a concern.
Old 09-02-07, 01:24 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
I thought it was already painted with high heat spray paint, oh my bad, baked enamel..
Old 09-03-07, 07:27 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

for $450...it better be in excellent shape with milk and cookies too.
Old 09-05-07, 06:58 AM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will say this i have the srt for the gs300, its ok but when i received it the hoses were the wrong size ive called them and they sent me out another set but here is the kicker they forgot to send it out the first time i called i just happened to call to make sure they sent it out and he was honest (it wasnt moe forgot the name it was 2 yrs ago) and said they forgot about, but they sent it out on a tuesday i got on a thursday. the ruber wasnt the same as advertised (red) it was black cheap stuff, im pretty easy going so i didnt cause an uproar about it, but trust me i understand where u r coming from to spend that type of money for what u received its only so many things u can do stay upset, and send it back for a new kit or get ur money back. Please trust me i know how ur feeling its just like buying and having shipped to u a brand new ls460 shipped to your house with a big A#% 2 feet long gash right into the top of ur hood, or ur seats are cut wide open.
Old 09-06-07, 12:18 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, looks like they gave you some customer refunded shield. get a replacement for sure.
Old 09-06-07, 05:02 PM
98Quicksil
Driver School Candidate

Hey im sure glad i looked around before i made my name^^^ LOL
Old 09-06-07, 05:19 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For the sake of all the is sane....PLEASE stop this thread!! SRT's intake is undeniable, customer service might not be the best. Personally, I'm going to dirve to them for the install (hopefully they'll have some fresh baked cookies and give me a little hug when it's done).

Go Colts!
Old 09-06-07, 06:16 PM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

I am not a frequent poster. However, I have to say that I agree with Racing Luxury.
This SRT intake is one of the more expensive ones for our car and he's right in expecting it in excellent condition (judging from the picture, it's not!). I have bought several items online and once in a while I get something that's not quite what I expect. When this happens, one feels helpless and frustrated. One expects certain item to come in on a given date and start enjoying from then on. Why should one go thru anymore trouble and waiting to start using something that he already paid for. Some may argue that it's one of the risks of buying things on line. I do not think so. Buying something from ebay is one thing, buying from a reputable company like SRT should be different.
I know accidents do happen. I think that the whole thing was handled poorly by SRT. In stead of fighting with the customer to prove their point, they should have own up to it! They should have immediatly recognized that the customer is not 100% satisfied and offered for a replacement with shipping cost included.
How about "customers are always right!"
Old 09-06-07, 09:16 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

does srt just sell the pipe alone? lets say I crashed my car and crushed the pipe and I only need to replace that..
Old 09-12-07, 01:32 PM
IndyGS400
Driver School Candidate

No offense dude....but you are wrong in the way you handled this. The timing says it all....and I understand. I had to wait for like 4-5 weeks for my SRT intake...expectations were high at that point. Then I opened the box and started the install. I saw some of the same issues you did....but decided to overlook them as it was typical for a custom piece. I installed it and was very happy....until I started dealing with recurring CEL's. Then I thought to myself...this car is 84,000 miles old and has had JACK changed on it...ie...plugs...ect. And I am running an L-Tuned exhaust. I just went with it...and it seems to be working fine right now.

As for your....call the shop...go ahead.....see what you get. I got an answer? And always did when I called during normal business hours. YOu stated somebody answered the phone on sunday (a day they state they are closed) and then complain about somebody not being any help? They were not open dude! Somebody answered the phone didnt they? I would say that was a sign in itself.....although they probably figured it was one of their wives or something calling since they were at the shop on the normal day off.

I am not knocking you or your expectations...but I think you needed to cool down a bit and work with the system. Putting somebody on "blast" on a forum like this is not cool at all....just to get their attention....when fact is....they were closed man! I called several times during week days and ALWAYS got an answer when I was inquiring about where mine was before receiving it.

Now what I DID think was cheezy....not even an SRT decal with the shipment...lol. Decal ***** here!!

JMO man...dont take offense. I think it was a product of possibly the same wait time I had with what you received. Gotta give em a chance though.
Old 09-13-07, 08:53 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Read carefully please...

Originally Posted by IndyGS400
As for your....call the shop...go ahead.....see what you get. I got an answer? And always did when I called during normal business hours. YOu stated somebody answered the phone on sunday (a day they state they are closed) and then complain about somebody not being any help? They were not open dude! Somebody answered the phone didnt they? I would say that was a sign in itself.....although they probably figured it was one of their wives or something calling since they were at the shop on the normal day off.

I am not knocking you or your expectations...but I think you needed to cool down a bit and work with the system. Putting somebody on "blast" on a forum like this is not cool at all....just to get their attention....when fact is....they were closed man! I called several times during week days and ALWAYS got an answer when I was inquiring about where mine was before receiving it.

Now what I DID think was cheezy....not even an SRT decal with the shipment...lol. Decal ***** here!!

JMO man...dont take offense. I think it was a product of possibly the same wait time I had with what you received. Gotta give em a chance though.

Buddy, please read carefully of what I wrote before you "try" to reply. I NEVER said anything about calling on Sunday. Most businesses are closed! DUH?! 2nd...I said the SRT decal WAS placed on the intake...which I had preferred it not to be. If you're going to respond to something, please put on your reading glasses pa!

You must be a very easy guy to please, anything goes eh? Well, not me, I'm picky for what the money's worth. That goes for a $0.99 part to a $450 part. Why should things not be perfect if you're going to pay for it? If it's free, I wouldn't have said crap. Maybe that's why my car is a 1998 with over 167k+ mileage and still doing 140 mph without a problem, ever since I've bought it.

BTW, I've made admends with Mo from SRT. Not only did I clean up the blemishes, but when it came time to installing the ECU it didn't work. I'm not going to get into that. Mo had sent me out a new unit already but I just haven't installed it yet. Doing it this Saturday.

Quick Reply: SRT Intake drama