Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 08:39 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Over a month ago I bought a Aristo front clip 2jzgte VVt-i. I decided to sell it to a good friend of mine, and do the NA-t. I tore my GE block and did the whole seal/o-ring/gasket rebuild kit. I ported the exhaust side only as i've read the intake port was already good. I replaced the GE VVT-i rods/pistons with stock supra GTE. I also changed the rings to JE piston rings. I used the stock VVT-i cams as I knew I only wanted to only double the stock Hp output to the wheels. I lowered my compression with Cometic HG 2mm. The valves I left alone, but changed to Titanium springs and retainers. ARP head studds holding it together. I put it back, and its been running real good @ 4-6psi. I've got everything plumbed in for higher boost, but am waiting on Fuel injectors sizing. I will be running MAP ECU. Thats as far as I got, and thats where injector question came in. I've been over on MKVI.com, ClubNA-t, Supraforums, but I will try IS300 forums soon since they have alot FI then the GS.
Old 08-10-07, 07:30 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey did you do all the rebuild yourself? I'm thinking about doing the same but I'm unsure of which ring size to pick with JE...a little help? Also, how much did the titanium valves and retainers run ya? I already have 2mm cometic and ARP headstuds. I'm probably gonna tear apart the motor to do GTE pistons and new valvetrain in about half a years time or so.
Old 08-11-07, 06:57 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Hey did you do all the rebuild yourself?

Yes I did all of it myself. It wasnt hard, just time consuming.

I'm thinking about doing the same but I'm unsure of which ring size to pick with JE...a little help?

I picked the stock size ring (86mm)from JE because my engine was still in good shape and did not have to rehone the cylinders. I just had it redecked for the new 2mm HG.

Also, how much did the titanium valves and retainers run ya?

About $300 shipped + I had bronz valve guides put in also. So $500 total.

I already have 2mm cometic and ARP headstuds. I'm probably gonna tear apart the motor to do GTE pistons and new valvetrain in about half a years time or so.
The total price I've spent so far is little over $2000, and I believe its stout then the stock GTE.

Good Luck, and let me know if the info helped.
Old 08-11-07, 12:03 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On 2jz's the injector size is roughly equivalent to hp abilities. Your 380cc injectors are going to be maxed out at about 360-400hp. Your auto tranny isn't going to handle more than about 400hp with out a rebuild so if you are concerned about that then 380cc should be fine for what your after.