Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-07, 07:37 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Na-t

I'm running on stock injectors now, and want to turn up the boost.

When going to bigger injectors, Say 500-550cc. What brand and what should I look for when purchasing one. I've heard that our Lexus GE injectors are differnt then the Supra GE.

Also what EMS do I need to control the bigger injectors besides FPR, and bigger Fuel pump?
Old 08-06-07, 04:51 PM
98Quicksil
Driver School Candidate

i had some rc injectors on a 2001 turbo honda prelude a few years ago and they seemed to be very good
Old 08-08-07, 08:29 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you plan on adding a fuel pressure regulator you are going to need to convert your car to a return fuel system. Just keep that in mind, you will need to run a line to the rear of the car and modify the stock pump housing for a return line.
Old 08-08-07, 09:36 PM
ballin
Pole Position

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I was only asking about wich 500-550cc injectors are good for the 98+ GS3. Also the model number would be good too. I didn't ask for a return line plumbing answer or RC was good on my honda.
Old 08-08-07, 09:39 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On that note I hope this doesn't sound rude. Use the search function or check out manufacturers that are offering turbo kits and see what they use. If you are familiar with performance at all you would recognize that RC engineering has been around a long time and the person above was saying that they worked well on his car, the injector doesn't care what car it's in to base how well it will work.

Every single question above can be answered using the search function on this site.

Last edited by macd7919; 08-08-07 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-08-07, 09:52 PM
ballin
Pole Position

Thanks for the SEARCH answer, but that pulled nothing on 2nd GS3 2JZGE NA-t fuel upgrades. BTW read the first post. Thanks
Old 08-09-07, 12:03 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

There have been a few posts here about it...probably written by me lol.

Anyways, I used RC Engineering injectors. It doesn't matter what car you use it in...a good injector is a good injector as long as it fits. RC Engineering and Precision are two good domestic brands. Only downside for those is that you have to splice in new injector connectors, but that only takes like 20 minutes. For japanese brands, the one that comes to mind is SARD injectors. They're basically rebadged Denso's. You can get the SARD 550cc direct drop in injector...even the power clip will click in.

Also, you will have to run a return fuel system if you plan to flow more fuel. A new fuel pump is required. A rising rate fuel pressure regulator is also highly recommended. As for the engine management, I'm using the MAP-ECU with good results.

If you're gonna stick with the RC Engineering injectors...you will need the SL4-550. You will also need custom sized gasoline resistant o-rings so they will fit on the fuel rail. I happen to have some available for sale http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285618

Fuel Return setup with fuel pressure regulator writeup by me. Still incomplete...too lazy to finish updating it lol.
http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286338
Old 08-09-07, 08:08 AM
boosted-gs
Pole Position

i just bought 380CC denso injectors i'll let you know how they go...
Old 08-09-07, 08:50 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What boost are you planning on running?
Old 08-09-07, 09:37 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I was only asking about wich 500-550cc injectors are good for the 98+ GS3. Also the model number would be good too. I didn't ask for a return line plumbing answer or RC was good on my honda.
Wow..........good luck on your build with that attitude. You just don't put bigger injectors in and turn up boost.
Old 08-09-07, 10:30 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the SEARCH answer, but that pulled nothing on 2nd GS3 2JZGE NA-t fuel upgrades. BTW read the first post. Thanks
As stated the search engine should have been your first option. It's only as good as what keywords you put in. As in any search, you may have to try different variations of keywords to try to find what your looking for.

You shouldn't belittle those trying to help you out. That will only make people reluctant to helping you out in the future.
Old 08-09-07, 10:41 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

very interesting this is gonna help me out very soon
Old 08-09-07, 05:17 PM
98Quicksil
Driver School Candidate

I'm running on stock injectors now, and want to turn up the boost.

When going to bigger injectors, Say 500-550cc. What BRAND and what should I look for when purchasing one. I've heard that our Lexus GE injectors are differnt then the Supra GE.

Also what EMS do I need to control the bigger injectors besides FPR, and bigger Fuel pump?
I don't mean to be rude but you did ask what brand was good, Along with the size question so sorry if my trying to help you with my previous experience wasn't appreciated. And you might want to check your own threads before you prove to everyone the worthlessness of helping you with your rude comments.
Old 08-10-07, 07:27 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Like I said "Im sorry if It sounds rude". It didn't mean to offend people on helping me. I've been around CL for a while and am not a Noob. I know how to use the search button. I searched for injector(s)/injecter(s). Nothing came up on 2nd GS3 NA. Was mainly looking specifics on any other GS3 owners that have done this upgrades on forced induction.

I a have the FPR(Fuel Pressure Regulator) plumb in with -6AN supply, and stock line as return. but have not hooked up the new FP as I have to make hangers for it. I'm running 5-6psi now and would like to turn it up to 12-15psi with new injectors.

THANK YOU JEFFTsai. That was some good info.

boosted-gs i just bought 380CC denso injectors i'll let you know how they go...
How much are you planning on boosting with 380cc. Are they direct swap with out midifcation to the rails? Please keep us updated, and thank you for the info.

98Quicksil i had some rc injectors on a 2001 turbo honda prelude a few years ago and they seemed to be very good.
I apologize if that offended you. I was only looking for 2jzge specifics and should've noted that.
Old 08-10-07, 07:54 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You could also use the 440cc from a MKIII with the MKIII resistor box or buy the resistors from Radio Shack for about $5 for 6.

You will also find alot of info over at www.clubna-t.com

Last edited by GSoup; 08-10-07 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Na-t