Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno'd the GS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 06:44 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dyno'd the GS430

Okay, I have the S&S Headers but I don't have them installed yet. So I wanted to get a baseline on thecar before I put the headers on. I only have a few mods (exhaust, drop-in K&N, and TM plugs). Oh and the TB bypass, I'm sure that that doesn't yield any hp at all.

I had a 9:00am appointment at Allspeeds new facility in Peachtree City. I couldn't beat the price either ($25 for 3 pulls). I made a couple vids using my new camera, it's really clear but displays in a REALLY small dimention. I rather put up the pics I took of the shop and the ride.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno'd the GS430-allspeed-new-buikding-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexizm; 08-25-07 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 06:45 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno'd the GS430-lets-go-small-.jpg  
Old 08-25-07, 06:49 PM
LexFather

Aww man, so sorry I missed this. Can't wait to see results.
Old 08-25-07, 06:49 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Finishing up...
Attached Thumbnails Dyno'd the GS430-setting-up-small-.jpg  
Old 08-25-07, 06:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,245 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Eric, that's a really awesome deal on the dyno!
Old 08-25-07, 07:05 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Drum roll please....well my best run was 248 rwhp and 253 torque. I was researching the threads to find the stock rwhp and I found that it was right at 235 for the 400/430. I was really surprised to find out the a few guys with GS430 had the SRT intake with the racing ECU were getting 243 rwhp.

I'm going to install the headers in the next week or so. Hopefully by that time I'll also have one of the first Akimoto Intakes for the GS430 with the high velosity cone filter. I'm planning on dynoing the car after the header and intake installs. I'm pretty happy.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno'd the GS430-dyno-numbers-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-25-07, 08:24 PM
sbgs400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

darn i wish you had posted something, i time today and could have come by and dynoed mine too.
Old 08-25-07, 10:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

so the exhaust, TM plugs, and K&N filter makes an additional 13whp over stock. Nice!
Old 08-26-07, 04:46 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very impressive Eric!! 248hp with exhaust, k&n drop in, and Tq master plugs? Wow! I like the new wheels by the way
Old 08-26-07, 08:23 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sbgs400
darn i wish you had posted something, i time today and could have come by and dynoed mine too.
It was a last minute thing, and a spot was open. They told me that they normally don't perform dynos on Sturdays. Don't worry, I plan on doing a couple more and I'll post up ahead of time so others can plan on it as well. Also they were very open to a 'dyno day', so we'll see how that goes after I speak to the powers that be.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Very impressive Eric!! 248hp with exhaust, k&n drop in, and Tq master plugs? Wow! I like the new wheels by the way
Thanks guys, I was surprised myself. I really can't wait to see the results after installing the headers and intake.

I just put the wheels on a few weeks ago. I'm planning on posting some new pic, after I get the ride cleaned properly.
Old 08-26-07, 05:45 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work Eric When I first saw the picture I thought to myself "Did Eric turn white "

What are you hoping for out of the S&S Headers?

Jonny
Old 08-26-07, 07:46 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

so maybe the srt intake is not worth it after all...hmm. If your getting 248rwhp with just a drop in and exhaust and srt claims +35hp over stock with just an intake..Are you on a cat back exhaust? or just a rear section? Btw..nice numbers and nice car.
Old 08-26-07, 08:18 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric, great numbers. Is the dyno special still going on because I will be in Atlanta this coming friday and will schedual a appointment to get my GS dynoed. Oh, what's the address of their new facility and what kind of dyno did they use to dyno your car?
Old 08-26-07, 08:58 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
Nice work Eric When I first saw the picture I thought to myself "Did Eric turn white "

What are you hoping for out of the S&S Headers?

Jonny
Yeah Jonny, I was in need of a change; I just kept the goatee. You're a funny guy. I'm actually hoping to get any where from 14 to 23 from the headers. I saw on the header thread that the increase was around 22/24hp if I'm not mistaken or was the 24 torque, not sure. Either way, I'm expecting to see some double digit numbers.

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
so maybe the srt intake is not worth it after all...hmm. If your getting 248rwhp with just a drop in and exhaust and srt claims +35hp over stock with just an intake..Are you on a cat back exhaust? or just a rear section? Btw..nice numbers and nice car.
A very profound comment you've made...hmm is right. I have the cat/back exhaust system and thanks.

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Eric, great numbers. Is the dyno special still going on because I will be in Atlanta this coming friday and will schedual a appointment to get my GS dynoed. Oh, what's the address of their new facility and what kind of dyno did they use to dyno your car?
Thanks, and it's not a special that's their price for just a dyno pull. They used a DynoJet on my car and the offical name is 'Allspeed Auto Works'. I'll pm ypu their number and address. A guy by the name of Tom/Thomas dynoed my car. They do good work; they're the one that installed both exhaust systems on my car.

Last edited by Lexizm; 08-27-07 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-27-07, 10:36 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
If an SRT/aftermarket exhaust equipped car cannot best 248hp, then I would call into question the validity of the "+35" horsepower claim from SRT. 248hp is damn impressive for a non-SRT equipped car!

Quick Reply: Dyno'd the GS430