Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

FACTORY TOUR: Tanabe Exhaust Manufacturing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 02:40 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Does the Medallion Touring work for 2006 AWD GS300?

I went to order it, but the vendor was not sure it would work...

From what I know the exhaust will fit for both the AWD and RWD, but give your local Lexus parts department a call and verify that the OEM exhaust has the same part # for AWD and RWD.
Old 09-12-07, 02:41 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
The Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust is exactly the same for both the IS250 and the IS350, so that is good. There is a discrepancy on that website where you can look up the applications. The year states 06-06? Shouldn't it be 06-07? Because they should fit on the 2007 models IS right?
Yeah we need to update the website. The exhaust should fit all the way up to 2008. Ill let our web guy know about that. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-24-07, 09:05 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Ive been getting alot of PM's, but if you have a question please post it directly into the thread. I think that alot of people have the same type of questions so your question may be useful to someone else.
Old 10-01-07, 06:28 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a Question,
can you confirm if the IS350 Tanabe exhaust will fit on a 2007 IS300(not available in the U.S)?
it's not listed on your site.
Old 10-02-07, 09:13 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
i have a Question,
can you confirm if the IS350 Tanabe exhaust will fit on a 2007 IS300(not available in the U.S)?
I am not sure about that. But best thing to do would be to check part #'s of OEM parts. Make sure that the OEM exhausts from both vehicles are the same and make sure that the rear bumper part #s are the same. If they are, then most likely the exhaust should fit both vehicles.
Old 10-09-07, 08:52 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Any questions please let me know!
Old 11-25-07, 07:04 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I and may others have purchased your Medalion exhaust. The issue we have is that the left side is not even with the right side. Any fixes? Please advise.

Last edited by WhatYaGot; 11-25-07 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 12:21 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
I and may others have purchased your Medalion exhaust. The issue we have is that the left side is not even with the right side. Any fixes? Please advise.
+1

I was wondering the same and even made a thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317806) about this asking for others' input about it. Seems a fair amount of people have this issue, and this is a relatively small sample of the owners on here who have this exhaust.
Old 11-26-07, 01:40 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

This can be due to various reasons. Some owners have been saying even their OEM exhaust is like that and believe it is the rubber hanger that is causing the left side to be lower. We haven't had any problems with the exhaust nor has anyone called in for a complaint. When we had R&D to test fit this exhaust, there were no visual problems.
Old 11-26-07, 05:11 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
This can be due to various reasons. Some owners have been saying even their OEM exhaust is like that and believe it is the rubber hanger that is causing the left side to be lower. We haven't had any problems with the exhaust nor has anyone called in for a complaint. When we had R&D to test fit this exhaust, there were no visual problems.
My stock exhaust fit even so I don't think it is rubber hanger problem. There are PLENTY of people that have this issue. Is there an email address or direct number all the members of Club Lexus and My IS that purchased this exhaust and have this problem can contact you to document this issue? It does exist with a big percentage of owners. Just check out the message boards or do a search. Please advise.
Old 11-26-07, 08:59 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
i have a Question,
Should fit

Same issue here on my fabulous... i guess it's a general problem with fitting aftermarket systems, i am thinking of using different rubber hangers on each side until i get it right.
Old 11-28-07, 11:06 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

My stock exhaust fit even so I don't think it is rubber hanger problem. There are PLENTY of people that have this issue. Is there an email address or direct number all the members of Club Lexus and My IS that purchased this exhaust and have this problem can contact you to document this issue? It does exist with a big percentage of owners. Just check out the message boards or do a search. Please advise.
please call 1-888-560-4800 if you would like to bring this matter to attention. Thank you.
Old 11-30-07, 12:57 PM
bdoggie28
Driver School Candidate

just ordered my tanabe today for my is250... can't wait for it
Old 11-30-07, 03:56 PM
mort
Lead Lap

I do understand many have had a problem with the left hanging lower than the right, but for the record, mine is even, with no need for adjustment. Just installed as following directions. Maybe just lucky, but no problem.
Old 11-30-07, 04:20 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mort
I do understand many have had a problem with the left hanging lower than the right, but for the record, mine is even, with no need for adjustment. Just installed as following directions. Maybe just lucky, but no problem.
Same here, no problems with mine either.

Quick Reply: FACTORY TOUR: Tanabe Exhaust Manufacturing