Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

FACTORY TOUR: Tanabe Exhaust Manufacturing

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 12:33 AM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth...> The Tanabe installed on our 08 IS350 Sapphire fits perfect. Both sides hang equally.

We had the exhaust professionally installed by a Lexus master mechanic for $50. I wonder if those who are experiencing a lower left side had their exhaust professionally installed, had a low grade shop do it, or did it themselves. If one side was hanging lower, a quality installation would have corrected the problem right then and there.
Old 12-02-07, 01:32 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
For what it's worth...> The Tanabe installed on our 08 IS350 Sapphire fits perfect. Both sides hang equally.

We had the exhaust professionally installed by a Lexus master mechanic for $50. I wonder if those who are experiencing a lower left side had their exhaust professionally installed, had a low grade shop do it, or did it themselves. If one side was hanging lower, a quality installation would have corrected the problem right then and there.
Not if it's a design flaw, manufacturing defect, etc (not inferring any of those are the issue). I've installed many bolt on exhaust before and never encountered this - then again, none of those other systems were Tanabe either.
Old 12-03-07, 07:14 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
Show me a pic of any Tanabe install for our car and I'll show you it is lower on the left. It is a design flaw but only for the picky.
Old 12-03-07, 07:22 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phatboyc
Show me a pic of any Tanabe install for our car and I'll show you it is lower on the left. It is a design flaw but only for the picky.
Here is a link to her thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=310836

Her exhaust really does seem to fit fine. I have seen a few others where the fitment seems ok too, but then I have seen many others where that is definitely not the case...
Old 12-05-07, 07:14 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Your right it doesn't show on her pics. But the contrast with the black car isn't to great either. Perhaps the rear skirt helps? I'm also having a hard time looking at the car. In this pic you can see more stainless of the left mufler.