Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fabulous Inferno Oval Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-07, 07:01 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you didn't notice, he is in Saudi Arabia. Overnight shipping probably isn't an option.
Old 11-22-07, 11:53 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

haha i know, and yes u can but more its more like over2nights shippin, and it'll cost an arm and a leg cause they go by weight, BUT then again that should be covered by the fools that messed up the order in the first place.!!
Old 11-23-07, 11:00 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
If you didn't notice, he is in Saudi Arabia. Overnight shipping probably isn't an option.
I noticed..
Old 11-23-07, 11:21 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently the OEM gasket should fit and no parts are missing! that's what Carson told me. I'm out of town at the moment and i should be back by tomorrow, i'll pass by the workshop and have a look at it myself. I would really be surprised if this turned out to be the case this workshop is a very reputable one

i'll keep you all posted
Old 11-23-07, 11:34 AM
Rash
hmm

can't wait
Old 11-23-07, 11:50 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by kattanh3
Apparently the OEM gasket should fit and no parts are missing! that's what Carson told me. I'm out of town at the moment and i should be back by tomorrow, i'll pass by the workshop and have a look at it myself. I would really be surprised if this turned out to be the case this workshop is a very reputable one

i'll keep you all posted

If its the oem "donut" gasket that attaches to the oem resonator, then it should work with out any problems..

If the shop is talking about the other gaskets that connect from the pipes to the muffler sections than you'll have an issue if they are missing..

It all depends which gasket your shop thinks is missing..

Jz
Old 11-25-07, 08:34 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

I went to the shop and sorted it all out and got my car back. It turns out that there are 2 additional connections that need gaskets that don't exist on the OEM exhaust sys, the workshop used some Nissan gaskets instead.

I like the fact that the exhaust tips work like a clamp, so I could tug them in or stick them out all i want

However the kit did not align properly, the passenger side tip is few mm's away from the bumper while the tip on the driver side is not 100% horizontal. Will the bumper eventually melt?

I took a picture with my phone for reference, the OEM exhaust system is a single piece as you can see next to the car, not 3 pieces like the Fabulous. Btw, so far the exhaust sounds good, a lil too drowny on the 1,500-2,000 RPM range and not a lot different than the stock at high RPMs. That's not what i usually go for but i like it. Keep in mind that my car has the 3.0 3GR-FE engine with lower compression ratio than the X50's so it might sound better on your cars
Attached Thumbnails Fabulous Inferno Oval Muffler-img_0121_.jpg  
Old 11-25-07, 10:06 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Not too sure what you can do about lining that tip up. Seems like the majority of the exhaust fitment problems are happening on the driver side. Doesn't look like zip ties are going to do it for you. Overall I' am surprised at how good the exhaust looks so far, give us some more pictures. Nice job
Old 11-25-07, 08:32 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Mabrooooooook, Niyalak Yakhee, Im Jealous!!!! Lol Looks Really Good Man, Real Flush. Regardless Of The Fitment Problem **** Looks Hot. Wat He Said ^^^^ More Pics
Old 11-27-07, 01:22 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

I tried to fix the alignment a lil bit... i noticed another issue, the exhaust system pipe is too low, 2-3 inches of the ground and there is plenty of space above it
Attached Thumbnails Fabulous Inferno Oval Muffler-img_7106.jpg  
Old 11-27-07, 02:13 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

looks good

I can definitely see a problem with the exhaust piping being too low, have to be very careful with speed bumps
Old 11-27-07, 09:05 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

thanks r6z9r, the thing is it didn't had to be this low, and i really doubt that it improves the flow... looks like poor design to me. the gap above the pipe is about the pipe's diameter. I'll custom improve it later on once the pipes are really damaged
Old 11-27-07, 09:45 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

kattan is that pic before or after the drop? i saw u had springs sittin there next to ur exhaust before u installed it.

dont wait till uve damaged the pipes, see wat u can do to get them fixed as soon as possible.
MAN lexus just makes doing any type of mods to our car hell. The simplest mods cause headaches

on a brighter note; let us know how does it sound? feel any diff in power?
Old 11-27-07, 11:43 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ndk83
kattan is that pic before or after the drop? i saw u had springs sittin there next to ur exhaust before u installed it.
this is after the drop on the IS350 Eibach Pro. best single mod IMO, the std IS300 is higher than the non-AWD ISx50s. it now handles better, looks hotter and is *almost* just as comfortable as std.

dont wait till uve damaged the pipes, see wat u can do to get them fixed as soon as possible.
the thing is i have ordered headers which i probably wont install anytime soon (just so my excitement lasts a tad longer ) i might get the pipes custom made at a later stage and make the most out of it:
  • real dual system
  • X-pipes
  • increase ground clearance
  • fix the alignment
  • whatever might come up next!
I honestly think that these issues didn't rise because of IS300 & ISx50 differences, my guess is that x50's will get these issues as well (our exhaust system has exactly the same design, if there are any diff, it'll be narrower pipes).

on a brighter note; let us know how does it sound? feel any diff in power?
no difference in power can be felt. the car is much louder, it's too drowny between 1,250 & 2,750 RMP but very smooth after that (just what i need for city / highway use), it does it in a non-civicy way, the exhaust has only 30-ish km on them so far, it yet has to burn-in properly to get the final exhaust tone.
verdict: my car has reached puberty! i like
Old 11-28-07, 12:05 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kattanh3
this is after the drop on the IS350 Eibach Pro. best single mod IMO, the std IS300 is higher than the non-AWD ISx50s. it now handles better, looks hotter and is *almost* just as comfortable as std.
haha , u car just got her sex on. Man beleive it or not, im still waiting for my goddamn springs, its been almost 2 months. shows us hows she is lookin now!!! or ur prob waiting for the wheels arnt u before u show her off? when is that happenion btw any idea ?

QUOTE=kattanh3;3084394] no difference in power can be felt. the car is much louder, it's too drowny between 1,250 & 2,750 RMP but very smooth after that (just what i need for city / highway use), it does it in a non-civicy way, the exhaust has only 30-ish km on them so far, it yet has to burn-in properly to get the final exhaust tone.
verdict: my car has reached puberty! i like [/QUOTE]

man u got to post some sound clips or video slips up, with a name like inferno the exhaust sound must be badass
mabrouk again

Quick Reply: Fabulous Inferno Oval Muffler