Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

08 IS350 Tanabe Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-07, 04:41 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow i cant wait to get the tanabe exhaust for my 250. Let us know what you think of the sound and when you get a chance snap a few shots of the car on the ground.
Old 10-07-07, 06:05 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by sykocus
You can't . You have to upload your pictures to the web somewhere and use [IMG] tags to insert multiple images into a post.
Why not upload them to the ClubLexus gallery? It's free. That's where all mine are.
Old 10-07-07, 11:15 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Thanks for all of the nice words guys.

Club Lexus gallery, great! Thanks lobuxracer!

I'll post pics with the car on the ground next week or so when I do real photo shoot.

Cost was $549 shipped from ShowStoppersUSA www.showstoppersusa.com
Rocky was the contact there. The exhaust arrived in less than a week after ordering, not bad considering it was shipped from Southern Cali to South Florida.

The exhaust was installed when I had about 60 miles on the car. Now I'm at 420 and it is breaking in nicely. It sounded great when it was first installed, but now it sounds even better. I drove next to a 350Z today and my exhaust had a deeper tone. Very elegant and sporty. The 350Z looses it's exhaust note once it is in second gear, while the Tanabe holds a tone throughout the gears. I have zero drone at any RPM.

I highly recommend the Tanabe. If it was not up to my high standards, I would have changed it out already. The exhaust really adds to the IS driving experience.
Old 10-08-07, 02:02 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

damn i cant wait to get mine, 2 weeks! 2 weeks for mine haha, damn living in hawaii, best deal i could find is 790 installed cause it cost so much to ship here =/
Old 10-08-07, 01:26 PM
TypeX
Driver School Candidate

Thats definately the best exhaust system out there right now for the IS. When you do the photoshoot take some video of the sound please!
Old 10-09-07, 05:56 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Here are a few pics of me and my "Tanabe". Oh, and one of my best friend with my car.

Old 10-09-07, 05:59 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

And just a few more... As you can see, my Tanabe was nicely installed and it purrrrs.

Last edited by DropTopGal; 10-09-07 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-09-07, 06:58 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car's comming together well I must say & you are lucky to have handy Lex Tech's by your side!!!

Question about the Tanabes fitment with the GFX kit...Do you feel it sits to inwards?? This system wasn't made to fit on kitted 2nd Gens, but many have done it. Really the only thing holding me back from buying the Tanabe is this. I don't really want to have to opt to modifying the tips on a brand new exhaust

AND, do you mind elaborating a little about your "Race Grill" you have listed in the sig. Does this include a mesh lower grill ! Don't get me excited here.
Old 10-09-07, 07:03 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Car's comming together well I must say & you are lucky to have handy Lex Tech's by your side!!!

Question about the Tanabes fitment with the GFX kit...Do you feel it sits to inwards?? This system wasn't made to fit on kitted 2nd Gens, but many have done it. Really the only thing holding me back from buying the Tanabe is this. I don't really want to have to opt to modifying the tips on a brand new exhaust

AND, do you mind elaborating a little about your "Race Grill" you have listed in the sig. Does this include a mesh lower grill ! Don't get me excited here.
No handy Lex Techs here! You're looking at her (and him). We're not mechanics by any means, just somewhat experienced. If I don't know what is what, I quickly learn who knows and go to the source.

The Tanabe with the Lexus full ground effects looks perfect. As if Lexus put it there themselves.

I'll post a few pics of my RaceMesh grill. It is the lower grill. When taking pics today, some of the pics had the grill in them. Give me an hour or so to get the camera as the pics are still in the camera which is in my husband's car that is not here at the moment. On second thought... I've showed my "Tanabe" and my "calipers", showing my "grill" may just be a bit to much! jk
Old 10-09-07, 07:03 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Looks great, love to see women making there cars as beautiful as they are. Keep up the modding.
Old 10-25-07, 10:03 PM
GRAPHyte
Driver School Candidate

I'm getting a Tanabe for Christmas. LOL
Old 10-26-07, 12:35 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
Cost was $549 shipped from ShowStoppersUSA www.showstoppersusa.com
Rocky was the contact there. The exhaust arrived in less than a week after ordering, not bad considering it was shipped from Southern Cali to South Florida.
Good thing I just looked at this thread I was about to order one from eBay for $520 + tax + $80 shipping. Thanks for sharing that info
Old 10-26-07, 12:50 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

What did you do with your OEM exhaust? Took it back home for decoration?
Old 10-26-07, 02:24 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dojoman
What did you do with your OEM exhaust? Took it back home for decoration?
The shop that did the installation kept it. They will either sell it or throw it away. I have no room or desire to have clutter of an exhaust around.
Old 10-27-07, 04:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
The shop that did the installation kept it. They will either sell it or throw it away. I have no room or desire to have clutter of an exhaust around.
I left it at the shop too. I was just curious if the mufflers have any values.

Quick Reply: 08 IS350 Tanabe Install