Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dynoed GS400......WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 04:25 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dyno will always be that rough. I went through many cars that they saved in the computer and all were that way. You don't get just a real smooth line! but great results for the money. I have an intake coming in soon and will post results. Hopefully followed by headers, exhaust, and safc. all will be posted.
Old 10-17-07, 04:38 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have a unique set of TM Plugs then, because mine have lasted over 2 years, and nearly 70,000 miles. I put mine in at 90,000 miles when I did my timing belt in 2005. Mine show no signs of giving up.

I now have 159,700 miles, and I have NO problems with mine. The car is buttery smooth, and has been across country twice in 2 years. Last year from Calif to Texas, then to Louisiana and Mississippi, and back to California.

This year we went from CA to Atlanta Georgia, then down south to New Orleans, and back to CA. Temperatures this summer in Georgia were averaging 110-112 degrees, with similar heat and humidity across Lousiana and Texas coming back. My AC ran non-stop for the entire trip.

I cannot fault these plugs for any reason. I see 26 mpg on the open road with Premium fuel. I also do a lot of city driving in San Diego, and drive to San Francisco every other weekend.

I AM A BELIEVER! It is a HECK of a plug. I got these from Carson Toyota, of course.

Last edited by gserep1; 10-17-07 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-17-07, 05:21 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gserep1
I must have a unique set of TM Plugs then, because mine have lasted over 2 years, and nearly 70,000 miles. I put mine in at 90,000 miles when I did my timing belt in 2005. Mine show no signs of giving up.

I now have 159,700 miles, and I have NO problems with mine. The car is buttery smooth, and has been across country twice in 2 years. Last year from Calif to Texas, then to Louisiana and Mississippi, and back to California.

This year we went from CA to Atlanta Georgia, then down south to New Orleans, and back to CA. Temperatures this summer in Georgia were averaging 110-112 degrees, with similar heat and humidity across Lousiana and Texas coming back. My AC ran non-stop for the entire trip.

I cannot fault these plugs for any reason. I see 26 mpg on the open road with Premium fuel. I also do a lot of city driving in San Diego, and drive to San Francisco every other weekend.

I AM A BELIEVER! It is a HECK of a plug. I got these from Carson Toyota, of course.
Just a thought, maybe these other guys' TM plugs are showing excessive signs of wear due to the combination of additional performance mods that overwork the plugs. Are you stock engine-wise besides the plugs????
Old 10-18-07, 07:07 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gserep1

did you dyno it? b/c if power gains slowly diminish over time, that's not something you can tell by driving. Especially in a slushbox 3800lbs sedan.
Old 10-29-07, 04:01 AM
VIPFAMILY
Rookie

This is hilarious I have read alll the posts I can find on these plugs to see if I should get these or say an iridium and I am 10x more confused than before lol I of course would like a performance increase but like it has been said before changing old spark plugs you will see a difference slight but a difference... now I see people saying the TMs wont last long... which makes my head hurt. Planned on not changing plugs after changing this time for atleast another 60,000 miles. If they last that long im cool but jesus this **** is crazy lol Plus you have to order from the company themselves right?
Old 10-29-07, 08:38 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

no i ordered mine from l-tunnedparts.com very professional and quick shipment!
Old 10-29-07, 08:42 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Ever consider that the car cooled down while changing plugs and that caused the increase?
Old 10-29-07, 11:40 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

I considered it. Ran the car till the temp gauge was at the same level.
Old 10-29-07, 11:46 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hear you can get 400hp at the crank with the TQ master plugs.
Old 10-29-07, 12:58 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

NO WAY! would never believe that plugs would gain 100hp over stock at the crank........someone told you some ****!
Old 10-30-07, 03:00 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kevs98GS4
dyno will always be that rough. I went through many cars that they saved in the computer and all were that way. You don't get just a real smooth line! but great results for the money. I have an intake coming in soon and will post results. Hopefully followed by headers, exhaust, and safc. all will be posted.
It can be smoothed out. When you down load it to display it has a smoothing factor it only lowers the hp number by .3.
Are you getting the A/F reading w/ your dyno. You should add it to your dyno's if your going to be adding several more mods to compare that way you can see how each of them affect your air/fuel ratio you will be surprised how it changes with the S-AFC..

Have the shop give you a copy of your dyno runs on a disk then you can display any combonation you want hp vs. tq vs. rpm vs. speed vs. air/fuel.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 11-22-07 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-30-07, 04:12 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

NO WAY! would never believe that plugs would gain 100hp over stock at the crank........someone told you some ****!
He was being sarcastic
Old 10-30-07, 10:24 AM
edro925
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kaiser
Ever consider that the car cooled down while changing plugs and that caused the increase?
It does make a difference when you motor is cooled down. We have an 88 10 sec mustang which cannot hot lap because of heat issues. We hot lapped her once it ran 10.1 @ 1/4 the first run the second run it only ran a 10.9. When the motor is cool the ecu tends to run it a little bit richer and more aggressive timing.
Old 11-22-07, 08:46 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

no i ordered mine from l-tunnedparts.com very professional and quick shipment!
Kevs98GS4,
I see that TM offers 2 styles of plugs, do you know if you have the standard or the "S" plug?
Old 11-22-07, 09:46 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Nice #'s...

Quick Reply: Dynoed GS400......WOW!