Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Redline Water Wetter.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-07, 04:14 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Redline Water Wetter.

Does anyone use Redline Water Wetter on there GS? i just added it in. my temp drop quite a bit.
Old 10-21-07, 04:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

I use it in my GS, although it doesn't reflect any difference in the temp gauge and I don't drive mine hard enough to really push it.
Old 10-21-07, 06:40 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

vinhcible, Make sure you add according to the label. I knew someone who dumped the whole thing in their radiator and lets just say she had to buy a new radiator.

Redline Water wetter is great if you live in very hot climates. The idea is to get rid of air pockets once the engine reaches a hot temp. So the Water wetter itself doesn't cool down the engine, it just makes the coolant work more efficiently.
Old 10-22-07, 06:55 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

I don't have a GS (not yet ) but at high altitude WaterWetter, another product called NotHot from Nology and Royal Purple's Purple Ice (though WaterWetter is the best in my opinion) work wonders for people like myself and people who race at my 1/4 mile track. The engines up here get much hotter, much quicker than at sea level and it allows us to run a bit longer at a cooler engine temperature. I actually went a bit further an added a TRD T-Stat and a Tom's Radiator Cap in addition, but the WaterWetter gets a definite thumbs up from me.
Old 10-22-07, 10:14 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

thanks for the reply guys. and i only used half the bottle, i hope im safe.
Old 10-22-07, 10:38 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by vinhcibLe
thanks for the reply guys. and i only used half the bottle, i hope im safe.
WaterWetter is the most potent of the ones I mentioned above. You should be fine with the half a bottle you added. The normal instructions on WaterWetter are to add one 12 ounce bottle to 12 to 16 quarts.

What GSteg mentioned should be heeded in not adding too much. I know that I need at least 2 bottles of NotHot to get the effect of 1 WaterWetter, but I heard of people adding more bottles (I remember hearing of a specific incident at my track with a Civic), where the vehicle overheated.
Old 10-22-07, 11:23 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
vinhcible, Make sure you add according to the label. I knew someone who dumped the whole thing in their radiator and lets just say she had to buy a new radiator.

Redline Water wetter is great if you live in very hot climates. The idea is to get rid of air pockets once the engine reaches a hot temp. So the Water wetter itself doesn't cool down the engine, it just makes the coolant work more efficiently.
what exactly did your friend do when he poured the whole bottle? what are the signs i should look for if i do have problems and i only used half the bottle, but you got me all paranoid now.
Old 10-23-07, 02:24 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i poured the whole thing into my car and its been years. no problems. but before i put it in i flushed everything so it was just water and that water wetter.
Old 10-23-07, 09:57 AM
gsproject
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I poured half the bottle and everything works excellent. I know some people who pour the whole bottle and never have any problems.

I did notice my temp gauge stays a little lower now. Not my opinion but a fact! My guage would stay a hair above the middle mark but now it sits perfectly in the middle or a hair below.
Old 10-23-07, 11:21 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by vinhcibLe
what exactly did your friend do when he poured the whole bottle? what are the signs i should look for if i do have problems and i only used half the bottle, but you got me all paranoid now.
Take into account that the person I knew had a honda civic. Their radiator and cooling system is very small compared to ours. If it takes 1 bottle for our GS, then you should be fine. the point was to read the instruction label and add accordingly
Old 10-23-07, 03:29 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I don't have a GS (not yet ) but at high altitude WaterWetter, another product called NotHot from Nology and Royal Purple's Purple Ice (though WaterWetter is the best in my opinion) work wonders for people like myself and people who race at my 1/4 mile track. The engines up here get much hotter, much quicker than at sea level and it allows us to run a bit longer at a cooler engine temperature. I actually went a bit further an added a TRD T-Stat and a Tom's Radiator Cap in addition, but the WaterWetter gets a definite thumbs up from me.
I also have all the items metion, but if you are not moving at highway speeds your car will still reach the same temp as it did before you installed all these items. Your fans are set to come on at a pre set temp, so while idling or in stop and go trafic, the temp will remain the same unless you change the fan switch to a lower temp.
Old 10-23-07, 03:54 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I also have all the items metion, but if you are not moving at highway speeds your car will still reach the same temp as it did before you installed all these items. Your fans are set to come on at a pre set temp, so while idling or in stop and go trafic, the temp will remain the same unless you change the fan switch to a lower temp.
I am just referring to the WaterWetter, but you are right on those other points.
Old 10-29-07, 07:59 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
Take into account that the person I knew had a honda civic. Their radiator and cooling system is very small compared to ours. If it takes 1 bottle for our GS, then you should be fine. the point was to read the instruction label and add accordingly
i also have a honda civic. got 1 bottle in that. and my 240 has 1 bottle and the GS has 1 bottle. no problems anywhere.