Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need the wiring schematic to install Apexi Neo in my GS4

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 06:05 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Need the wiring schematic to install Apexi Neo in my GS4

Guys,

I need to get this damn thing installed already so I can do some before and after dyno runs for my fellow CL pals. Please help if you know where I can find one for a 2000 GS400. I don't want to just use the instructions that came with it. I'm going to a shop that has NEVER installed one of these on a GS. I'm scared...I heard a new ECU wiring harness is over $1000 from Lexus so I don't want any screw ups!
Old 10-24-07, 06:42 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nick I installed the NEO into my GS myself. It's not that hard. If you don't want to splice or t-tap the harness you can get a PnP from Boomslang.

http://www.boomslang.us/neo.htm

Call them because the GS4 isn't listed but they can make any harness you want. I've spoken with them in the past. Their very helpful and quick with their CS.

If you want I can help you do it just let me know.
Old 10-24-07, 08:11 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSoup
Nick I installed the NEO into my GS myself. It's not that hard. If you don't want to splice or t-tap the harness you can get a PnP from Boomslang.

http://www.boomslang.us/neo.htm

Call them because the GS4 isn't listed but they can make any harness you want. I've spoken with them in the past. Their very helpful and quick with their CS.

If you want I can help you do it just let me know.
Hey, thanks buddy for the offer!!! I'll check out that link too and keep you posted!
Old 11-01-07, 05:54 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Just ordered a custom Plug 'n' play harness from Boomslang for my Neo! It will be finished sometime next week then shipped out! I got it for $219 + $10 for shipping. Neo cost me $300 (w/tax and shipping) so I am in this for around $529. Once I get this harness I will install myself (probably mount it in the ashtray) and then off to the dyno shop to do some baseline runs and then post-tune runs. Hopefully I can squeeze out some more power. Place your bets people place your bets...260whp? 270whp? 280whp? Whatever it is I am going to add the S&S headers soon after! I think these things will bring the V8 alive especially with my newly acquired PI TC and Supra TT 3.76 LSD! I need to get this thang movin'...lol. What do you guys think I will pull?
Old 11-01-07, 06:38 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think with your current mods you'll probably pull around 239 to 242rwhp if your TM are pretty recent. I think once you install and tune your NEO, you'll be looking at 249 to 254rwhp.

I plan on getting something similar too. I like that pnp devise.

Last edited by Lexizm; 11-01-07 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-01-07, 06:58 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexizm
I think with your current mods you'll probably pull around 239 to 242rwhp if your TM are pretty recent. I think once you install and tune your NEO, you'll be looking at 249 to 254rwhp.

I plan on getting something similar too. I like that pnp devise.
I don't understand I thought I read on here..actually I know I read on here that a member with a GS400 and just an exhaust (not even an intake, not even a drop-in filter and no TM plugs) had a baseline of 244.58 whp and 241.39 tq. After the install and a professional tune on a dynojet of the SAFC II he was at 260.57 whp and 283.74 tq! +19whp and +42tq!!! Now your telling me that I won't even be able to crack 255whp??? No way, I also have a custom ram air K & N FIPK (in the wheel well; not current setup but I am going to revert back to this when I get the Neo installed) and TM plugs on top of my exhaust. I would think (and hope) I should do the same if not better than this guy. Also, I have read MANY post of baseline (BONE STOCK) GS400's running 240whp and some even up to 245whp...bone stock! I guess we'll have to see but my money is on a higher whp than what you stated...
Old 11-01-07, 07:35 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Just ordered a custom Plug 'n' play harness from Boomslang for my Neo! It will be finished sometime next week then shipped out! I got it for $219 + $10 for shipping. Neo cost me $300 (w/tax and shipping) so I am in this for around $529. Once I get this harness I will install myself (probably mount it in the ashtray) and then off to the dyno shop to do some baseline runs and then post-tune runs. Hopefully I can squeeze out some more power. Place your bets people place your bets...260whp? 270whp? 280whp? Whatever it is I am going to add the S&S headers soon after! I think these things will bring the V8 alive especially with my newly acquired PI TC and Supra TT 3.76 LSD! I need to get this thang movin'...lol. What do you guys think I will pull?
Good to see that you spoke with them and they went ahead and did it.
Old 11-01-07, 07:51 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Yeah, Thanks a million Carlos...you came through with that website! I probably would have never found them. As soon as Cliff gets his ride back I have to roll out by you guys...and add another black GS to the Queens crew.
Old 11-02-07, 07:38 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand I thought I read on here..actually I know I read on here that a member with a GS400 and just an exhaust (not even an intake, not even a drop-in filter and no TM plugs) had a baseline of 244.58 whp and 241.39 tq. After the install and a professional tune on a dynojet of the SAFC II he was at 260.57 whp and 283.74 tq! +19whp and +42tq!!! Now your telling me that I won't even be able to crack 255whp??? No way, I also have a custom ram air K & N FIPK (in the wheel well; not current setup but I am going to revert back to this when I get the Neo installed) and TM plugs on top of my exhaust. I would think (and hope) I should do the same if not better than this guy. Also, I have read MANY post of baseline (BONE STOCK) GS400's running 240whp and some even up to 245whp...bone stock! I guess we'll have to see but my money is on a higher whp than what you stated...
Yeah, I didn't realize that you have the FIPK, I was thinking you just had a drop in. From what I understand that intake is one of the better ones. Either way with your intake installed, it's still not tuned, therefore; you're not getting the maximum hp out of it. In fact, when a CL member added an aftermarket intake the hp went down. Granted that is that particular intake, but the tech at the shop said that is a common result with intakes and especially when they're not tuned. So yeah, I still think you get around what I said. Also considering that the same kind of cars will vary a few hps (3-4). I rather be modest on hp estimates rather than being too optimistic.

If you add the headers with your NEO (tuned) you may get to 280 rwhp, but bone stock GS400's hitting 245, I don't think so! I don't know and I forget off hand what Kevins GS4 ran on the dyno and his was stock/stock. He place a post up in Performance. I do know and read on here that GS400's with the 'famous' SRT intake were getting 239/240. So with that said don't be surprised when you dyno your car 'post' NEO and tuning, if you see you numbers in the low to mid 240's. I'm presently at 266 hp or something close to that and I don't have AFC or an intake, but I do have a drop-in which is what, good for 2-4 hp's?! So with the addition of an intake and a tuning I would have to get 35+ with no real engine upgrades is alittle unrealistic to me. Hey I'm not a mechanic, and I can be wrong. Truely I hope I am because I would love to get my N/A GS430 just close to 300 rwhp and by close I mean 288 - 293 not to mention hitting it and breaking it. But if you can, go for it and a whole lot of GS4xx will follow I'm sure.
Old 11-02-07, 07:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Explain how something like this happens then...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263646

Your right it's better to low-ball than get your hopes up but just by looking into different results from members with the V8's here is how I came up with my assesment.

Stock GS4XX
240whp

Headers alone (documented on CL)
17whp

Intake & Exhaust
5whp

TM Plugs
3whp

Apexi SAFC II / Neo (w/proper tuning)
15-20whp (as per the above link)

Grand total (drum roll please...280-285whp) also, my intake has a kind of ram air effect in the lower air dam not just the basic K & N FIPK setup. I'm taking in more air than before (I know it because I was getting a CEL because of too much air; MAF couldn't read properly)...so that might help too... Not trying to argue here but I think I should see around 265 whp (subtracted out the header results of +/- 17whp.

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 11-02-07 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-02-07, 09:16 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, Thanks a million Carlos...you came through with that website! I probably would have never found them. As soon as Cliff gets his ride back I have to roll out by you guys...and add another black GS to the Queens crew.
Cliff already got his ride back..you should have came through for Hawk's Nest Run that's going on tomorrow

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=309735
Old 11-02-07, 04:42 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Get a baseline on your car before you add anything additional. That way you can determine if the money spent has paid off. You are truly spending some $$$ for that car Nick.
Old 11-02-07, 05:21 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so not trying to butt in but can u run the Apexi s-afc and the neo together
Old 11-02-07, 06:32 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyGS3
so not trying to butt in but can u run the Apexi s-afc and the neo together
They are almost the exact same thing. Only difference between those 2 is the Neo has a color screen and VTEC control(which is useless for our cars since we have VVTi and not VTEC). The actual name is Apexi SAFC NEO
Old 11-02-07, 11:06 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see, guess i'll just keep my s-afc and hav it retuned

Quick Reply: Need the wiring schematic to install Apexi Neo in my GS4