Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Would installing a Borla exhaust void the warranty on my is350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 10:46 AM
Nashtyboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would installing a Borla exhaust void the warranty on my is350?

anyone know?
Old 10-24-07, 10:49 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Try a search.....lots of threads on modding/voiding warranty.

Short answer is no, not unless the dealer can prove that your mod caused said problem.

In reality, be aware that some dealers won't play ball.
Old 10-24-07, 11:07 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too late for me, I got a custom setup LOL
Old 10-24-07, 11:27 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you mean the Xpipe or the catback or both? I love the sound of borla mufflers...
Old 10-24-07, 11:31 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what are you afraid of? most dealerships now are not **** about this type of stuff. i have the hks installed and they don't have a problem with it. Everytime i bring my car in, i tell them to be careful raising it up because of my underglow...they just ignore the fact that you have mods for the most part. i live around so cal so that may be a reason. if it's bugging you too much, go to your service dept, and find a guy in the back...any guy. just say listen i wanna bring my car in for service but i have mods done. i don't want the dealership to void my warranty, so would you mind doing the service on the car and not telling them about my mods so they don't get upset? i did this in the past, but now i really don't need to. dealerships are becoming more liberal every day. i know someone who has a g35 coupe on LEASE, and put everything on it, including nitrous. still gets serviced by the dealer, no questions asked.
Old 10-24-07, 11:50 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's a violation of federal law to refuse warranty service for use of aftermarket parts unless they can prove the failure was caused by the parts. It's that simple.

A dealer might attempt to give you crap about it, but generally if you demonstrate you're aware of the law they back down. There's certainly crappy dealerships happy to screw over folks unaware of the law though I'm sure.
Old 10-24-07, 11:34 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

they usually ignore it or compliment my car.. i always get compliments from them.. they never hassle me about the rims, intake, or exhaust..
Old 10-25-07, 06:50 AM
Nashtyboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ron_is350
what are you afraid of? most dealerships now are not **** about this type of stuff. i have the hks installed and they don't have a problem with it. Everytime i bring my car in, i tell them to be careful raising it up because of my underglow...they just ignore the fact that you have mods for the most part. i live around so cal so that may be a reason. if it's bugging you too much, go to your service dept, and find a guy in the back...any guy. just say listen i wanna bring my car in for service but i have mods done. i don't want the dealership to void my warranty, so would you mind doing the service on the car and not telling them about my mods so they don't get upset? i did this in the past, but now i really don't need to. dealerships are becoming more liberal every day. i know someone who has a g35 coupe on LEASE, and put everything on it, including nitrous. still gets serviced by the dealer, no questions asked.
Well I wouldn't be worried about the HKS, seeing as Lexus has a relationship with them & you can order a 350 with the HKS setup installed on it from the factory. Just wasn't sure if they would trip out about other exhaust systems being installed aftermarket.