Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

nos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 07:29 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i guess thats always an option.. im not positive where i want to put it yet though.. where is the efffffin vid??
Old 01-11-08, 11:17 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

For real...Where is that video at? I want to see some spinning action in 2nd gear!
Old 01-11-08, 07:07 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is going to be the 1st weekend without rain in a month. I'll try to find a pace car and someone to shoot the video. "" this is me whining "" The car seen in Raleigh, NC is DEAD! I can drive around all day and never see another import. ( not even a civic ) So finding someone who would be interested in helping is impossable. Everyone I know who is into the seen, lives a few hours away. I could drive to them but if something happens the I'll have a huge towing bill. Just not worth it. As I've said to everyone who has P.M.ed me. The invitation is extended to anyone in the Raleigh area who wants to help out. P.M. me and I'll give my contact info, and we can get this thing "spinning"....
Old 01-11-08, 07:26 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
This is going to be the 1st weekend without rain in a month. I'll try to find a pace car and someone to shoot the video. "" this is me whining "" The car seen in Raleigh, NC is DEAD! I can drive around all day and never see another import. ( not even a civic ) So finding someone who would be interested in helping is impossable. Everyone I know who is into the seen, lives a few hours away. I could drive to them but if something happens the I'll have a huge towing bill. Just not worth it. As I've said to everyone who has P.M.ed me. The invitation is extended to anyone in the Raleigh area who wants to help out. P.M. me and I'll give my contact info, and we can get this thing "spinning"....
Hey! At least you don't live down here in the land of the $30,000.00 millionaires.

Do what I did on all my video's. Just set your little point and shoot camera down on whatever road you are going to do it on, and hit record, shut your door and gun it!
like this
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41812467076354

Then for inside shots you can just wedge the camera under the head rest of your passenger seat. I did this the other night at the drag strip, cept forgot to hit the record button
Old 01-11-08, 07:32 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Yeah, looks like thats what I'll end up doing. Just wanted better, being the frist one with Nitrous.
Old 01-12-08, 07:28 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah the quality isn't the greatest but you get the point. Heck youtube compresses it so much anyways.
Old 01-14-08, 09:37 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Where're you driving in the Raleigh area you don't see any imports? I live 5 minutes from work and can't get home without seeing half a scorecard worth of rice bingo...

Heck, go drive around Cary for 10 minutes, you'll see more Lexuses than at the dealership (and 3 times that many BMWs sadly)

I'd offer to help myself but I'm working late pretty much the entire week...

If you want I can put you in touch with that 6'8" guy you met at the Lexus meet a couple months ago who had the GS300 and was thinking about buy a 2JZ block from you- he lives in Pittsboro, works on Supras and other imports for a living out of his own little backyard shop, and probably has some free time if you don't mind the trip to Pittsboro (about 15 minutes from Cary down 64 for reference)
Old 02-11-08, 07:53 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

BUMP for the VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-08, 10:06 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

bump! for the nitrous was a crock!!! he lied!!!!
Old 02-13-08, 12:46 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

LOL...you think so? The pictures of the set up looked real? If he did lie then wow he played it off really good. I doubt it though...
Old 02-13-08, 01:33 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
Originally Posted by iceman1117
LOL...you think so? The pictures of the set up looked real? If he did lie then wow he played it off really good. I doubt it though...
I don't think that Jeremy lied. He and I are supposed to get together one weekend to shoot a video, but it's difficult due to bad weather and scheduling (I stay in NC during the week and go to VA on most weekends)

But, I can tell you that Jeremy was talking to me about putting nitrous in his car back in OCTOBER, before this thread was even started.

I can't see any reason as to why he would lie about this to people on CL. Why would he????, to seem "cool" to others that he doesn't even know and that he'll probably never meet?

Last edited by mikes rx; 02-13-08 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 01:41 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
HeHe--Drama!! I am extremly busy. I never drive my car. @2yrs with only 10k on it. I haven't even started my car in 6 weeks. I opened the door for the frist time this past weekend to get my I-pod. The last couple of weekends have been nice weather, so I was on my 600RR riding. Could careless about driving the Lexus or spending all the time to make the video. I also have 3 kids that have various sports everyday and on the weekend. And as Mike said above we will be getting together some time to make a video. He's usely not around on the weekends and ****y weather during the week.
Old 02-13-08, 03:24 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jeremy
HeHe--Drama!! I am extremly busy. I never drive my car. @2yrs with only 10k on it. I haven't even started my car in 6 weeks. I opened the door for the frist time this past weekend to get my I-pod. The last couple of weekends have been nice weather, so I was on my 600RR riding. Could careless about driving the Lexus or spending all the time to make the video. I also have 3 kids that have various sports everyday and on the weekend. And as Mike said above we will be getting together some time to make a video. He's usely not around on the weekends and ****y weather during the week.
its all good... i was just messing around
Old 02-13-08, 03:39 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

until i see video, its all a lie
Old 02-17-08, 01:52 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by car_lost
until i see video, its all a lie