Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AFC Neo...installed!!! (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-07, 10:49 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Very nice. Get your tuned and let us know what kind of numbers you're putting down.
I'll try to get this thing tuned ASAP! It's a little difficult right now because I am in the process of closing on my house!!! Finally...
Old 11-19-07, 11:41 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nick , you can connect it without a problem. There's a feature on it to turn off any corrections on the AFC , so its offline eventhough it's on.

Last edited by GSoup; 11-19-07 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-19-07, 12:29 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSoup
Nick , you can connect it without a problem. There's a feature on it to turn off any corrections on the AFC , so its offline eventhough it's on.
Eventhough the manual says DO NOT turn the engine on before the initial setup is complete? I believe you, but I am really nervous about the possibility of damaging my engine if I don't follow the manual instructions...please elaborate a little more. Can I just plug it in and not do anything to it? When I initially start the engine what will the Neo monitor indicate? Thanks Carlos...
Old 11-19-07, 12:36 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotnesss

I get to see this baby in actioonnn Dec 2nd @ the park...right!?
Old 11-19-07, 01:02 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Eventhough the manual says DO NOT turn the engine on before the initial setup is complete? I believe you, but I am really nervous about the possibility of damaging my engine if I don't follow the manual instructions...please elaborate a little more. Can I just plug it in and not do anything to it? When I initially start the engine what will the Neo monitor indicate? Thanks Carlos...
Don't turn the car on..just turn the key until you get electricity and your dash lights up like a xmas tree
Old 11-19-07, 01:37 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSoup
Don't turn the car on..just turn the key until you get electricity and your dash lights up like a xmas tree

Got it...then what???lol
Old 11-19-07, 01:38 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now the ashtray opens with authority!!! lol...
hahaha, [cartman] Respect My Authoritah! [/cartman]

and that's a cleeeeeeen install. I wish I could fit a sunglasses holder in there. I miss my sunglasses holder by the homelink thing I never use.
Old 11-19-07, 02:29 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

I still kept the cigarette lighter cylinder (I don't smoke but I use the power outlet for my Ipod Nano unitl I can get a nice Navi/DVD double DIN deck)...I am going to extend the wires on this assembly and route it into the center armrest console area.

Let me tell you that going through the firewall is a B I T C H! I realized that there was NO WAY I was drilling through that wall so I utilized the hole that was previously made for the 6 guage wire for the amp/sub setup in the back. I took the wires out of the connectors (labeled which colors to which pin area on a note pad), wrapped them up all together with black tape and connected it to a hanger and started tug-o-war...me versus the firewall...I won but was tired afterwards.lol...
Old 11-19-07, 09:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

There's an option for the SAFC to just pass thru the MAF signal. That way it doesn't alter the signal so your car will run exactly like if you didn't have the SAFC in there. You goto the menu where you do the tuning and press the up or down arrow and everything will grey out...that's when you're in pass through mode. Either way, the baseline tune is all at zero so it won't alter the signal in any way if you just have it plugged in and is not in pass thru mode.
Old 11-19-07, 11:28 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still kept the cigarette lighter cylinder (I don't smoke but I use the power outlet for my Ipod Nano unitl I can get a nice Navi/DVD double DIN deck)...I am going to extend the wires on this assembly and route it into the center armrest console area.

Let me tell you that going through the firewall is a B I T C H! I realized that there was NO WAY I was drilling through that wall so I utilized the hole that was previously made for the 6 guage wire for the amp/sub setup in the back. I took the wires out of the connectors (labeled which colors to which pin area on a note pad), wrapped them up all together with black tape and connected it to a hanger and started tug-o-war...me versus the firewall...I won but was tired afterwards.lol...
Really nicely done I had the S-AFC II and tought to put it in the Ash tray but too much work. the ECU harness adapter is the way to go. but it is pricey if you keep cost down I wired mine to my ECU Then I found someone to make a GS430 Harness for me. (Have not used it yet)
Putting it in the center arm rest looks nice but a pain to watch gauge and moniter any screens I would leave it in the ash tray and extend a wire from your arem rest cigarete lighter to run your IPOD.

I believe the NEO is the same as the S-AFC II but a few more features. If you plug it in you have to do the initial set up and then you can drive it. Just make sure your settings (correction factors) are all set to "0"'s it should be automatic when first powered on (the default).
I was really nervous about doing the initial set-up I just read the inital set-up about 20 times and took my time. Have shop do it if your really uneasy about it.
I'm glad I did it before taking it to the dyno shop. If the your shop knows how to install and set the S-AFC it will still add about atleast 1/2 to 45 minutes to your dyno time.
Old 11-20-07, 05:18 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Got it!!! BTW, I was trying to say that I will put the A/C outlet in the armrest area...not the Neo. The Neo is staying in the ashtray...took long enough to get it in there looking right; now it stays there!.lol
Old 11-20-07, 04:21 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks great, that's exactly where I had my SAFC and the place I wanted to put the Neo. Can't wait for the tuned connected 'power on, lights on' pics. I can't wait to see the base line and the tuned numbers.
Old 11-20-07, 09:46 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Awesome location. Thats where mine will go once I get it. Cant wait for the dyno numbers..maybe we can finally shut the srt guys up .
Old 11-21-07, 12:59 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Awesome location. Thats where mine will go once I get it. Cant wait for the dyno numbers..maybe we can finally shut the srt guys up .
I'd wager that a tuned SAFC will make more power than a SRT Intake+ECU
Old 11-21-07, 05:30 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

We'll see... BTW, does anyone know of anyone that hooked up a AFC Neo to a GS4XX yet? I will try to call some dyno shops today.

Quick Reply: AFC Neo...installed!!! (w/pics)