Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

INJEN Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 03:17 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by is350jonny
first of all.. not all 2is are North America produced. You need to look at your VIN. if your VIN starts with a J its produced and manufactured in Japan.
I wasn't talking about it not being applicable if your ECU isn't compatible due to the numbers/letters on your vin...thats a separate issue

Don't think I'm calling you out by posting my assumption....(Again, correct me if I'm wrong) but I was talking about the TOM's Revised ECU/Program being specifically designed for a 2GIS with a TOM's supercharger because the program will obviously need to modify our stock settings & ratio's to meet the needs of it now being FI, which in turn, those settings probably wouldn't be recommended for a semi-stock 2GIS........Unless there are two different programs available...One being for NA & the other being for FI.......That's the question that we need to have answered.

Last edited by Chaser07; 12-12-07 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 03:30 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Also...

Originally Posted by Gernby
I promise your reduction in mileage has nothing to do with the new intake. Fuel economy naturally drops off when it gets colder, and it looks like you're in a pretty cold area, right? Even down in Texas, my highway mileage has dropped significantly over the past couple months, and I haven't changed a thing. Actually, I just did a 400 mile trip over the weekend, and I didn't get any better mileage than you.

You also need to keep in mind that there is a HUGE difference in economy between 60, 70, and 80 MPH. I would be that you would easily average 30+ MPG with the cruise set at 60 MPH. The difference for me between 60 MPH and 80 MPH is almost 10 MPG.
To add to GERNBY's comment, if you haven't noticed....You have to drive a while to get the "actual" avg MPG because right after you fill up your tank, the MPG resets itself. So if you immediately get on the highway right after filling up, you'll notice that your average will be sky rocket for a little bit until you've driven for a while.
I got excited when I saw my avg in the 20's on the highway, only to look back down a few minutes later & it was back down to 15-16...(13-14 within the city)

I've seen these threads before....BS....I had an IS250 loaner car once...Worst 3 days ever(HAHA JK!)...there is a difference in MPG though, but not that big of a difference.
Old 12-12-07, 03:39 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Gernby is absolutely right. Colder air is denser, so to balance it out our cars add more fuel. Result is decreased fuel mileage and more power.
It is definitely true that the cold / dense air is like a natural FI, but I don't believe that is the cause of poor gas mileage while cruising. More power doesn't have to mean poor gas mileage. It will still take the same amount of power to move the car down the road at 60 MPH, so you would basically just give it less throttle when it's cold. Well, I guess it might require more power to push all that denser air out of the way...

My understanding is that cold fuel mixed with cold air doesn't atomize as well, so the efficiency drops even though power is increased. My SWAG is that if it is 30 degrees cooler, you might have to add 7% more fuel to mix with 5% more oxygen, so you can get 4% more power with 10% worse fuel economy.
Old 12-12-07, 03:44 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chaser07
I got excited when I saw my avg in the 20's on the highway, only to look back down a few minutes later & it was back down to 15-16...(13-14 within the city)
Could there be a vehicular homicide in your future? I'm sure it would take triple digit speeds to get 15-16 on the highway.
Old 12-13-07, 05:57 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default .

Could there be a vehicular homicide in your future? I'm sure it would take triple digit speeds to get 15-16 on the highway.
Well...More times than none I'm anywhere from 80mph-triple digits. I really don't realize it sometimes but I'd actually like to get rid of my car because of it. Sometimes I even "top it out" on George Bush on the way to work...

Last February I got a 131mph speeding ticket & November 4th I got a 141mph speeding ticket within a mile from eachother in a 60mph zone..(Dallas North Tollway & Parker) The officer knocked the 141mph ticket down to a 101 because I did some name dropping on some other Dallas Police officers but there really is no excuse for going that fast & I should have gone to jail for both of them. :-/

I was originally going to get an '07 328i Beemer because I know I am a habitual speeder & I know that 2.8L is a dog of a motor....but my dad is the one who convinced me to get the 306hp Lexus lol I guess him having a new M6 & a Maserati doesn't help my issue either
Old 12-13-07, 06:19 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chaser07
I was originally going to get an '07 328i Beemer because I know I am a habitual speeder & I know that 2.8L is a dog of a motor....
The 328 and 335 are both 3.0 liters, but the 328 engine is 230 HP. I'm quite sure it would easily have enough power to hit 140 MPH.
Old 12-13-07, 08:10 AM
Chaser07
Driver

The 328 and 335 are both 3.0 liters, but the 328 engine is 230 HP. I'm quite sure it would easily have enough power to hit 140 MPH.
Wellll....It SURE wouldn't be as fun as it is in my LEXUS!!! hahaha!
Old 12-13-07, 12:48 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when your guages light up red you dont notice or you dont care?
Old 12-13-07, 01:08 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

What are you talking about?
Old 12-13-07, 02:43 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Gauge Light

I tune it out.
Old 12-13-07, 02:44 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Instrument Cluster

What are you talking about?
There's a rev limiter light & a speed light around MPH gauge that lights up once you get past a certain speed....
Old 12-13-07, 02:58 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

If you are talking about the rings that light up around the tachometer and speedometer, you can turn those off using the display settings buttons. that was something I did immediately after buying the car.
Old 12-13-07, 04:12 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

anyway, injen owners, did u or ever notice u lost power when switching to Injen? Also, how does it sound like? I heard it is similar to a Fujita...that true??

I am about to purchase my injen next week and have a few doubts....
Old 12-13-07, 08:00 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are talking about the rings that light up around the tachometer and speedometer, you can turn those off using the display settings buttons. that was something I did immediately after buying the car.
i know u can disable the orange rings that you can custom set yourself. what about the red ring that appears when you hit 100mph. isnt that manufacture preprogrammed?
Old 12-14-07, 07:16 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

i know u can disable the orange rings that you can custom set yourself. what about the red ring that appears when you hit 100mph. isnt that manufacture preprogrammed?
I think they are both configurable.

Quick Reply: INJEN Intake