Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Stage 2.75

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 02:56 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dude
Old 12-14-07, 03:00 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Now I dont know if I want swap or turbo ? damn it too many mixed reviews ...i would like the look of the sexy swap in my engine bay LOL and the ponies that comes with plus all that upgradability !!!!Decision decisions at this rate wont get anything started till next yr....
Old 12-14-07, 11:17 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That swap will run you WAY more than 10k at this point.

The motor alone will cost about 6k. The work involved is a lot more labor intensive than just pulling the motor and plopping the other one in. you need to do the wiring, as there are no custom wire harnesses yet, and it will cost money to have someone do it for you. Most guy's spend about 15-20k on a gte swap. (so i have heard, and if it's not that much, i'm sure more would be doing it)
Old 12-15-07, 01:12 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
That swap will run you WAY more than 10k at this point.

The motor alone will cost about 6k. The work involved is a lot more labor intensive than just pulling the motor and plopping the other one in. you need to do the wiring, as there are no custom wire harnesses yet, and it will cost money to have someone do it for you. Most guy's spend about 15-20k on a gte swap. (so i have heard, and if it's not that much, i'm sure more would be doing it)
20K!? eek.
too bad no one makes a harness since that seems the biggest hurdle.
Old 12-15-07, 01:25 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

That IS the biggest hurdle. I think. When I was reading up on it, it seems that almost everybody took their car to some shop. if they didn't they aren't talking about it, which isn't cool, because we should help each other out when it comes to this. lol.
Old 12-15-07, 01:31 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Yea F%#@ that ill just keep looking for a good kit the SRT seems the best so far and i talked to a couple tuners in my area and they quoted me in the 1200-2500 range for install and tuning etc .

Most of the shops in my area wont even touch the swap (what does that tell you? )so i guess thats not even an option at this point .

Everyone seems to have problems with the ecu learning and screwing up fuel will the haltech fix this problem ?
i know a standalone ecu would be ideal but would the haltech be ok for my 350-400 rwhp goal ?(more like 325 for crusing around but with the option to go higher boost in future).
Old 12-15-07, 01:23 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That IS the biggest hurdle. I think. When I was reading up on it, it seems that almost everybody took their car to some shop. if they didn't they aren't talking about it, which isn't cool, because we should help each other out when it comes to this. lol.
I'm sure I can do some of the mechanical stuff (minus fabrication/welding of piping) but the electronic/tuning stuff...that scares me and probably the most costly. There seems to be a few 2JZGTE swapped GSs around (some even DIY and) there even was one in a a VIP car magazine and the article was like "oh and the GS300 engine doesn't make enough power for me so I just swapped it" as if it wasn't anything complicating. It's the issue with the gold/brown LHD GS300 on the front few pages from this spring...i knew I should have bought that issue.
Old 12-16-07, 06:48 PM
Nosexnolex
Pole Position

Fitst of all I would go with boost logic turbo kit, as their stuff are top of the line. They make some sick manifolds for the supra and have made many 1xxx HP supras. I myself will use their kit, with something like a 60mm turbo for super fast spool and mid 400rwhp.

turbo timer $100 YOU DONT NEED ONE, just drive normally 3 min before turning the car off.
turbo controller $500, YOU DONT NEED IT. You can run low PSI spring in the WG, or get a manual one for 20$

tranny cooler$100 You can get a used one for 50$

valve body $300 What are you exactly looking to do?
exhaust $700

$1700 extras WHAT ARE EXTRAS?
$6000 turbo kit 5,5K for a full BL KIT. Comes with everyhting.

$1200-2000 labor If you cant do it yourself then this will run you about that.

GOOD LUCK
Old 12-16-07, 09:01 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

HEy thanks for the input Nosexnolex , what management are you going to run? The 1700 was for the turbo timer etc.
The only reason was looking into th SRT is that it seems very complete and includes everything from fuel pump to injestors and haltech.I was even looking at these manifolds

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/viwonoinmati.html

then i could run the intercooler piping and everything the right way look more like arissto lol
Old 12-16-07, 10:37 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

(psst. The aristo came in a non turbo 2jzge version also)

Nosexnolex, can you post the boost logic kit? Is it for an IS300? Or is it actually GS specific (i think there are some issues with the down pipe?)

Also, JPI just worked out with aem to bring out the EMS that's GS specific.
Old 12-16-07, 10:57 PM
Nosexnolex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
HEy thanks for the input Nosexnolex , what management are you going to run? The 1700 was for the turbo timer etc.
The only reason was looking into th SRT is that it seems very complete and includes everything from fuel pump to injestors and haltech.I was even looking at these manifolds

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/viwonoinmati.html

then i could run the intercooler piping and everything the right way look more like arissto lol
i will run map ecu and FJO wideband to monitor and tune my AFRs. The picture you posted is of intake manifold which is good, but only when you are hitting 800rwhp +.
Old 12-16-07, 10:58 PM
Nosexnolex
Pole Position

(psst. The aristo came in a non turbo 2jzge version also)

Nosexnolex, can you post the boost logic kit? Is it for an IS300? Or is it actually GS specific (i think there are some issues with the down pipe?)

Also, JPI just worked out with aem to bring out the EMS that's GS specific.
http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/home.php
Old 12-17-07, 08:17 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

***** I might pick a different turbo kit or piece one myself just due to the fact that SRT is so hard to get a hold of man you would think they want business.Customer service is number 1 i wonder how many sales they have lost just cuz they cant answer there damn phone !!!!!!!!!!! LMAo
Old 12-17-07, 08:20 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Hey another thing the BL doesnt have any engine management for $5600 so another $800 for a x10 which is the minimum i would run , Im really thinking of piecing something together.
Old 12-17-07, 09:30 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default I went through the same thing. Here is an alternative

WWW.PFSUPERCARS.COM

Ask for Ray, tell him Jose sent you.

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
***** I might pick a different turbo kit or piece one myself just due to the fact that SRT is so hard to get a hold of man you would think they want business.Customer service is number 1 i wonder how many sales they have lost just cuz they cant answer there damn phone !!!!!!!!!!! LMAo

Quick Reply: SRT Stage 2.75