Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Stage 2.75

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 03:09 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done alot of turbo Is's and Gs's including my own single turbo GTE swapped Gs. The Haltech is a really good unit to go with, especially for the money. It is a standalone FUEL computer so you don't have to worry about the ecu relearning etc...the F10x eliminates those issues. Granted, you can make more power with timing control but by going with timing control you are going to a standalone system and will lose vvti control.
Now, I believe some people are claiming the ability to control vvti with an Aem , as far as I know, even according to Aem proper Vvti control is not possible with the Aem, BUT, I haven't been researching it much lately so that MAY have changed. Hks offers the Vpro for the Aristo, it DOES control vvti and retains all check engine lights etc etc...just like a factory ecu but can only be tuned by an authorized HKS Vpro dealer. So....as you can see, for ease of use, and bang for the buck, the F10X is a winner.
As you already have heard, if you plan on doing a turbo setup just plan on spending about $10k. Especially if you can't/don't want to do the work yourself. There are ALWAYS going to be little things here and there, other things to think about, if your going to be dropping the cash to do this you might want to consider doing a headgasket to lower compression and be able to run more boost (make more power), as well as thinking about a return fuel system etc....My laptop is about to die but if you have any other questions I'll check back later on. Hope this helped a little bit.