Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Stage 2.75

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 04:09 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Stage 2.75

I been wanting to turbo my gs300 for a while now and have been looking at alot of different setups that other members have.I have 10k to spend on the car.Does anyone have any feed back or experience with the srt kits i heard they disconntinued the gs kits but that with slight modification (intercooler ducting etc.) the IS300 2.75 kit will work...it runs about $6000 with most of what you need here is the link to parts list and info

http://www.swiftracing.com/turbochar...0/stage275.htm

i would still need :

turbo timer $100
turbo controller $500
tranny cooler$100
valve body $300
exhaust $700

$1700 extras
$6000 turbo kit
$1200-2000 labor

Leaves me within budget of course i have money so if anything else comes up
what you think ?
Old 12-13-07, 04:58 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

I think you'll be shooting a little over 10k for this project.

And I thought the piping was different in the GS than in the IS. I wouldn't call it slight modification.

I am making an assumption here but you sound like a pretty young guy (teens maybe). I wouldn't go with the power route just yet. With that much money to spend, you'd be better off getting a nice set of rims, dropping the car, maybe even getting a nice kit to finish off the look.

But if power is a definite must for you, you might want to do a little more research for this specific kit know EXACTLY how much the project will cost you. Not only that, it won't be SRT that is installing the kit so you'll want to know a reputable shop that does good work and will be able to handle the install with the piping modifications and with that comes more money.

Good luck with you car
Old 12-13-07, 05:08 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

What would make you assume that ?Im actually 23 and like i said if i go over the budget fine whatever i have money ...as for rims i have rims so thank you for patronizing that wasnt really what i was going for ? i was more hoping someone who owns a gs3 turbo or works on them or knows anything about the srt kits quality,customer service ,etc etc im only looking to hit 350rwhp mark with this setup and keep it as a daily driver so yea...thanks for the input anyway briangs430 id like to see pics of you q45 hid mod i has a 05' q45 about a yr ago i like the 7 mini projector ...unique...
Old 12-13-07, 05:53 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
What would make you assume that ?Im actually 23 and like i said if i go over the budget fine whatever i have money ...as for rims i have rims so thank you for patronizing that wasnt really what i was going for ? i was more hoping someone who owns a gs3 turbo or works on them or knows anything about the srt kits quality,customer service ,etc etc im only looking to hit 350rwhp mark with this setup and keep it as a daily driver so yea...thanks for the input anyway briangs430 id like to see pics of you q45 hid mod i has a 05' q45 about a yr ago i like the 7 mini projector ...unique...
Wasn't trying to offend you. But I was pretty much dead on. You're a young guy, as am I.

Second, I didn't know what you had on your car. I simply outlined a practical start for modding your GS. Many guys come onto this board with stock GS's hoping to boost the hell out of them. And some do but many decide to head down a cosmetic standpoint first. Just stating what I've learned from being on CL for the past 4 years. Like I said, if boost is a definite for you, then by all means do it

As for SRT, their products are very reliable. Many of our big FI's have gotten their setups done by SRT and SRT stuff. Flashgordon and TTurboPIMP are two guys with TT setups on their GS4's and they seem to be very happy with their setups and the quality SRT delivers.

As for customer service, you probably want to contact Mo? at SRT? I hope I'm getting the name right. But they're usually swamped with projects so getting in touch may take some time but the SRT guys are very familiar with CL and so you shouldn't have too much difficulty.

As for the Q45 (they're a little difficult to see in the pic but hope you can kinda see what it looks like)

Old 12-13-07, 06:48 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Hey what did doing the q45 mod involve as i will be doing something with the stock headlights either something like your setup...q45 mod or ls430 proj mod or just putting halo rings on the stock units either set up will prob involve halo rings lol ....
Old 12-13-07, 06:49 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

P.S is that a lip or the whole front facia looks semi oem
Old 12-13-07, 06:55 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Hey what did doing the q45 mod involve as i will be doing something with the stock headlights either something like your setup...q45 mod or ls430 proj mod or just putting halo rings on the stock units either set up will prob involve halo rings lol ....
There are many DYI threads on this site about the projector retrofit. You can use the search option to find the threads. Just type in "retrofit" or "headlight retro" or something along those lines you'll get a lot of threads where these things have already been discussed and outlined for your convenience. Good luck with the retro! It really gives the car a different look
Old 12-13-07, 06:56 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We can put together a turbo kit with AEM EMS right at 8k. Here are a couple of new products that we are coming out.
GS300 Plug and Play AEM EMS
JPI Racing
Old 12-13-07, 06:57 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

P.S is that a lip or the whole front facia looks semi oem
Yes it is a lip. It's the QUEST POWER-Q16 Sport frnt w/CF lip.
Old 12-13-07, 07:11 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

JPI when you say you can put a kit together for 8k do you mean you can come up with a similar kit like srt or you can install out the door for 8k cuz im in cali ..if you meant put together a kit what would the kit include ?
Old 12-13-07, 07:15 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are parts only. Installation will be extra. With the AEM EMS the sky is your limit... Well the tranny too
JPI
Old 12-13-07, 07:18 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

What would something like that include ?if you like you can pm me
Old 12-13-07, 07:20 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would still need :

turbo timer $100
turbo controller $500
You can find a turbo timer for cheap, if you aren't in a rush. I bought an older HKS one for $25 shipped. It was the Type 0. The newer ones are crap, which incorporate in a bunch of useless stuff (like acceleration, etc, etc).

By turbo controller I assume you mean boost controller? You can get one for 200-300 for an electronic one.
Old 12-13-07, 07:24 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Yea boost controller lol
Old 12-14-07, 09:32 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default You better add TT piston and rods to that list, trust me you are going to

need it. Also, sprag gear for your tranny.
Later, Jose

I been wanting to turbo my gs300 for a while now and have been looking at alot of different setups that other members have.I have 10k to spend on the car.Does anyone have any feed back or experience with the srt kits i heard they disconntinued the gs kits but that with slight modification (intercooler ducting etc.) the IS300 2.75 kit will work...it runs about $6000 with most of what you need here is the link to parts list and info

http://www.swiftracing.com/turbochar...0/stage275.htm

i would still need :

turbo timer $100
turbo controller $500
tranny cooler$100
valve body $300
exhaust $700

$1700 extras
$6000 turbo kit
$1200-2000 labor

Leaves me within budget of course i have money so if anything else comes up
what you think ?