Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

K&N filter charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-02 | 07:05 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not going to be able to do any testing with Isaak until I get my car back from the shop as soon as I do I will be giving you a call Isaak.
Old 02-01-02 | 11:16 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Originally posted by xsuperjoex
I'm not going to be able to do any testing with Isaak until I get my car back from the shop as soon as I do I will be giving you a call Isaak.
Any possibility you guys can get a dyno?
Old 02-01-02 | 12:48 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by QBranchCars

Any possibility you guys can get a dyno?
I guess...but QBranch dynos cost $$$.

I don't have any to spare at the moment.

I got a wild and crazy idea!!!...how about we get a fund going everyone chip in like $10 and that would help me and Isaak defer the cost.

Don't forget the results aren't for me and Isaak...they are for YOU.

What do you think?
Old 02-01-02 | 01:55 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Unbelieveable.

Old 02-01-02 | 04:39 PM
Isaak
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure about dyno eather. It is not about $$. So please, no collections (as if anybody was about to...) I simply doubt I'll have any time in a near future. My life schedule... .
Borla is a bit louder then stock, but only between 1000-2000 RPM.
The difference between stock and Borla under wide open throttle is barely discernable. Actually, I chose Borla because it is relatively "quite" and doesn't turn any heads and once again for their racing experience.
In general, I think that gain or loss of 10-20 BHP when you have 300 already does not make any difference and will go unnoticed by the average driver (I am one of them) and serves only to please the sences of the latter.
"Size doesn't matter skills do..." .
Joe, give me a call when your car is available, we'll figure something out.
Old 02-03-02 | 06:12 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Hey bitkahuna check this out and let me know what you think

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=34737

Originally posted by bitkahuna

SandRock - in theory, SRT's ECU helps the fuel flow match the increased airflow. Weapon*R has an optional ECU for big bucks (total package over $1000 I think). I don't know if the ECU is really needed with either.

Borla exhaust is NOT quiet (compared to stock). The *stock* exhaust flows great, but just sounds very quiet. I like the sound of the Borla and L-Tuned, etc., but they're not quiet at part or wide open throttle.
Old 02-03-02 | 10:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SandRock
Hey bitkahuna check this out and let me know what you think

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=34737

Sounds interesting, but I'm a pretty cautious guy. I figure there's probably a reason Lexus did what they did (besides cost).

I'm certainly not saying the guy's not being straight with you though - it could be the coolest mod on earth for all I know. Sorry I'm no exhaust expert.
Old 02-05-02 | 07:39 PM
Isaak
Driver School Candidate

Some additional details on K&N filter charger. I have it installed for more than a month now and thought it would be interesting to share "second" impressions. I drive a lot (my daily commute is over 90 miles), so I figure I put over 3000 miles on a car since.
So far no complaints whatsoever. Couple of weeks ago, just in case, checked all the hardware, air leak sounds etc. (recommended by K&N) found no problems. For those of you who's looking for quite intake, it is not... . The engine certainly sounds louder. It happens because of removed resonator box, which is designed to muffle excess air noise. However, under normal driving it is not much of a differense. Will one like the whistling/suction sound? I guess it depends on ones taste. I love it, it reminds me the days of yore. Besides, if you step on it that sound turns into roar and your overly civilized Lexus is no more... .
And lastly, mid range torque is certainly up, the cars response is more immediate and powerfull, although I have to admit that changed engine noise may have somewhat distort the reality.

Last edited by Isaak; 02-06-02 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-06-02 | 04:52 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

joe u should go with the Weapon*R and then you could race isaak and see who wins... although there are many differing factors like weight....

the weapon*r intake doesn't whistle, more of a sucking noise and then a quiet roar at about 3500WOT... my GReddy drones it out for the most part