Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sad day for the IS250 ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 09:39 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettoaww
pardon the noob question...are any of these headers or soon to be released headers carb certified? Thanks.
One of the things is, if you get under your car and look, the stock exhaust has 2 cats built in right before the collector... That is the problem
Old 01-03-08, 11:10 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
One of the things is, if you get under your car and look, the stock exhaust has 2 cats built in right before the collector... That is the problem
there is 4 cats on the car, from what i've seen the rearword two hasn't shown huge gains.

most likely they will not be carb legal, but just rip them off and get it inspected then back on.
Old 01-03-08, 12:57 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
there is 4 cats on the car
I keep hearing about 4 cats, i only see 3. 2 after the exhaust manifold and one on the mid-pipe... wheres the 4th?
Old 01-03-08, 02:02 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

there is 2 all the way back on the exhaust.. the primaries.. you can barely see thim.. they are somewhat covered and lead up towards the engine..

then there are the two secondary cats that very visable and are inches apart.. they are right before the resonator
Old 01-03-08, 02:53 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tshek
for about $4000 more you can get the IS350. I don't think you can have any mod that is less than $4000 and make your IS250 to 300hp, 100 more hp than stock. That's just no way. If you want to win, you need a bigger engine.
I'm going to have to agree. $4000 more an you can get a nice hp/tq upgrade, while retaining OEM reliability and warranty. Can't beat that!!

I guess the only real reason why you would want to mod the IS250 is if you have manual or need AWD, which isn't an option in the IS350.
Old 01-03-08, 04:16 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
I'm going to have to agree. $4000 more an you can get a nice hp/tq upgrade, while retaining OEM reliability and warranty. Can't beat that!!

I guess the only real reason why you would want to mod the IS250 is if you have manual or need AWD, which isn't an option in the IS350.
i need the awd and drive a lot during the winter months. the other night i was out with a few people and i said i would drive,to make a long story short, i knew there was black ice around and was all over the news, i must have hit black ice at least ten times coming around a corner and coming to a stop. if i did have the awd with the front end grabbing some traction while i countered turned the slide, the rear end would have slid all the way out. i was driving slow on some tight windy roads, the vsa and traction control was on a lot. if we would have taken this girls car, i could almost guarantee she would have smacked a curb, and she even goes if we took my car i would have wrecked it. so i credit the awd somewhat.

i know this motor has more potential, and it comes down to the headers being the biggest draw back to the power of this car and the 350. also i would like to see how the F-sport air box turns out with the possibility of a second scoop and see what kind of gains is brought from that.

this is my opinion based upon the design of the current manifold and what jun-tw has shown for gains, just need a cheep alternative.
Old 01-03-08, 10:11 PM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 350 is obviously a beast, but where i live in long island,NY the snowy days would leave me out of buisness :[ .
Old 01-06-08, 03:48 PM
MJB_LEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by z4frosik
Is there anyway to substantially increase the power on this thing.. lol.
I love the AWD for what its worth but i was on my way home from the gym and a scion xB wanted to race and i didn't beat it by that much, and yesterday a integra schooled me ??? ... (be it that i don't have any of my parts on during the winter but still..)

Any one else have race experiences with their IS 250 feel free to share :O
I did not buy my IS250AWD to race it. If I wanted to race people, I would have bought a 350, or an Audi S4 (probably the S4 for Quattro and 6-Speed manual). My IS is a awesome commuter car which gets good mileage, is reliable, comfortable, has entertaining handling with the Dunlop summer tires I put on it and it offers secure traction so I can get to work during snow storms in the Winter.
Old 01-06-08, 03:53 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I didn't buy my 250 to race either, but I gotta say it is disappointing when I get beat by a guy in a yellow VW bug turbo.
Old 01-06-08, 04:05 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much does it roughly cost to get the headers put in???
Old 01-06-08, 05:25 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Expensive, it's a ***** to install headers on this car.
Old 01-06-08, 05:45 PM
MYIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by cspec
How do you know? Have you installed one? Or did you just ask for the cost from a shop?
Old 01-06-08, 07:16 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cspec

i know, there is no room to work in these engine bays, everything is so compact.... i have a lift i could use if i really needed to..
Old 01-06-08, 11:08 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MYIS350
How do you know? Have you installed one? Or did you just ask for the cost from a shop?
Friend had it installed
Old 01-07-08, 08:16 AM
Electric
Pole Position

The IS250 (AWD or not) is not meant to be fast or quick in any way. Its heavy and has pretty weak power for a V6. As someone said, the power/weight ratio is pretty weak.

The IS250 was made for people who want the styling and luxurious appointments for a great price, which makes the car a great value for what it is. It just leaves out the performance aspect. My friends looked at me like I was crazy when I got the IS250 and sold my EVO but I changed directions completely. If I wanted a fast car, I would have kept the EVO. I wanted a luxurious, smooth, beautiful looking car, and thats what I got.

On a side note, DOES someone make headers for this car currently?

Quick Reply: Sad day for the IS250 ???