Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 03:27 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Hi-flow cats don't cost $1150 more though (or at least they shouldn't)

I'd happily pay more than the $650 he's asking for mazzuris setup if it had bolt-in cats though (and the CEL issue is fixed of course)- some folks have to pass a visual and don't want to rely on finding a muffler shop willing to hack some stuff up that'll hopefully fit..
true that.. they dont cost 1150 more.. they're just expensive cuz the letters JUN are engraved on em lol ... waste of money! JUN is high quality.. but theres better things out there for a better price!
Old 02-06-08, 06:28 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Well the CEL is back, so that idea didn't work. It was better but not good enough.

Does anyone know the 2 exact wires that are for the secondary o2 sensor? I have 2 pin outs sent to me by a member (thank you very much!) but I can't figure it out. I have an O2 sim ready to go, I want to wire it in tomorrow if I can figure it out.
Old 02-06-08, 08:34 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mazzuri.

you might want to ping CL memeber carchitect with that question. He is a Lexus Master Mechainic and also has a lot of experience building up supra and other engines. He's a real busy guy but might be able to answer your question.
Old 02-07-08, 06:51 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by newis350
I understand the CEL issue, becuase the CEL light will lead to some minor adverse mechanical issues.
However, the cat issue you mention makes not sense! Installing cats on the Mazzuri system will not get you past ANY emission laws. Moreover, it is a federal offense to tamper with functional cats; not that anyone will be prosecuted. My point is that the Mazzuri headers will NEVER pass any visual inspection.

While it's true it's illegal to tamper with working cats, the inspection station has no idea -why- your original cats got replaced.

And it's -not- illegal to replace non-working cats.

My last car (which made a lot more power than my IS350) had aftermarket headers with aftermarket cats and I never had an issue passing a visual.

The reason I bought those specific headers was threefold- they made the best overall power, they had the excellent build quality, and... they offered bolt-in hi-flow cats accommodating all the O2 sensors.

The inspection station only cares that it has the number of cats it's supposed to, they don't check if they're original (nor should they care).
Old 02-07-08, 12:29 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

there are hi flow magnaflow cats, that have an hole for the o2 sensor on the end.. would there be a CEL problem if used?.. if i just cut the piping where my o2 sensor is now.. and welded on a highflow cat with then put the o2 sensor on the pre cut hole at the end of the cat?
Old 02-07-08, 01:10 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I think it would work to put the cats further away from the engine, but there's no way of knowing until someone tries it. If Mazurri is able to go multiple driving cycles over hundreds of miles before the CEL comes on, then I think the ECU is more tolerant than we thought.
Old 02-07-08, 01:13 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

yea.. we gotta try and trick that bad boy
Old 02-07-08, 08:24 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mazzuri
Well the CEL is back, so that idea didn't work. It was better but not good enough.

Does anyone know the 2 exact wires that are for the secondary o2 sensor? I have 2 pin outs sent to me by a member (thank you very much!) but I can't figure it out. I have an O2 sim ready to go, I want to wire it in tomorrow if I can figure it out.
Daniel, which wire schematic are you looking for? The secondary heated o2 sensors use 2 wires for the heater circuit. The circuit open relay sends power to them and the ecu controls the ground. The sensor side voltage sense and ground wires go straight to the ecu.

Are you trying to wire the sims at the OEM ecu? or under the carpet at their connectors?

BTW, Troy, appreciate for the praises.

-Joe
Old 02-08-08, 08:51 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by carchitect
Daniel, which wire schematic are you looking for? The secondary heated o2 sensors use 2 wires for the heater circuit. The circuit open relay sends power to them and the ecu controls the ground. The sensor side voltage sense and ground wires go straight to the ecu.

Are you trying to wire the sims at the OEM ecu? or under the carpet at their connectors?

BTW, Troy, appreciate for the praises.

-Joe
I am looking for the 2 wires at the ECU. On the IS300 it's called:
Bank1, Sensor2, O2 Signal
Bank2 Sensor2, O2 Signal

Unless I missed it, I don't see the same tag on the 250 pin out. I know it has to be there.
Old 02-09-08, 05:12 PM
lexus250
Pole Position

When will the headers be available?
Old 02-10-08, 08:20 PM
mazzuri
Driver

I figured out all the wires and the sim is in, so far so good. Well see how it does.
Old 02-10-08, 09:52 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzuri
I figured out all the wires and the sim is in, so far so good. Well see how it does.
really? i want one sooner than later!
Old 02-11-08, 11:11 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

daniel you're still working with the 250 for now right?
Old 02-11-08, 02:03 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

cant wait cant wait! want a pair asappppp =)
Old 02-11-08, 06:29 PM
mazzuri
Driver

I think it's safe to say, the CEL has been defeated. I put about 80 miles on it now and no CEL. I figure since the sensor wires are completely cut and the SIM is doing all the work, if there was a problem it would trigger a CEL right away, like it does on the IS300.

I have to say our car has gotten very smart.

Uschardcor, yeah I am still doing all the testing on my IS250.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers