Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 04:38 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting on the final results, before I give me opinion on the matter and what I think of the 350 header.
Old 04-17-08, 04:40 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
I do agree with you. I am very interested as well. However, I believe if you're going to make the header for the 350 then you need to prove that it's worth the 800 or whatever it cost and not base on the gain from the 250.
That would be correct if the headers where for sale.
Old 04-17-08, 04:44 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
so the numbers from here are http://www.mazzurisuper.com/images/is250_dyno.jpg
+31.4tq
+24.3hp
on the IS250

We have an IS350 dyno'd which should get the same numbers, and it's actually dyno'd -1hp? Did I miss something reading above? Toptier can drive his car 1000 miles and he is not going to somehow come up with 25hp. What did mazzuri say about the dyno results on the 350?

Toptier thanks for documenting everything.
The results have yet to be seen.

I said it well before that the dyno needs to be done after a good amount of driving. A peak loss of 1hp doesn't mean anything. There was power gained in most of the mid and low rpms.
Old 04-17-08, 06:06 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait i dont get it, are the 350 headers still under development? either way teh suspense is killing me. i wanna see those new dyno figures.
Old 04-17-08, 06:22 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Originally Posted by ndk83
What is this swirl control feature thy speak of? doth my car haveth it? how can one tell? (is300 Mid east spec) ?
I will try to scan some pages from the repair manual tonight to show you what I mean. Only the 250 has this from what I remember.

And as someone already noted - it may have no relationship to how the headers perform.
Old 04-17-08, 07:20 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

wait i dont get it, are the 350 headers still under development? either way teh suspense is killing me. i wanna see those new dyno figures.
I have an appointment on Monday for the new dyno.
Hopefully the the snow clears so I can get some more miles.
Old 04-17-08, 08:03 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toptier: nice lookin forward to this.

Mazzuri: when break the headers in, does it matter how you drive? are u supposed to drive it agressively? or does idlying around town work just as well?
Old 04-17-08, 08:13 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone point me to the post number that explains the difference between the mazzuri is250 headers vs. the mazzuri is350 headers.?

tia
Old 04-17-08, 08:21 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
Can someone point me to the post number that explains the difference between the mazzuri is250 headers vs. the mazzuri is350 headers.?

tia
The main difference is in the collectors. I can't say anything else.
Old 04-17-08, 08:25 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Depending on the new numbers I may make some changes to the design, but as of right none of them are officially for sale. All the sets out rigth now are from the 10 units I did from the group buy.
Old 04-17-08, 08:26 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Toptier: nice lookin forward to this.

Mazzuri: when break the headers in, does it matter how you drive? are u supposed to drive it agressively? or does idlying around town work just as well?
Just driving normally like you always do is fine, the ECU just needs some time to learn.
Old 04-17-08, 08:30 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Chip?

When I spoke to that Mazzuri guy a couple weeks ago he told me that he would also have to send me some kind of a chip to keep the check engine light from coming on...Obviously due to the cats being removed....Did you receive one of these with your headers?

Also, so you have aftermarket exhaust as well? I'm just hoping there's not any fitment issues by using A/M exhaust in conjuction...
Old 04-17-08, 10:45 AM
Jetstream
Driver School Candidate

Chaser, when you have some time you should really read up on this thread and the other thread over on My.IS forum (I won't post a link though). But yes he is selling a SIM which gets around the CEL issue and this consequently upped the price

I know I'm very new to this forum and I typically read much more than I post, but I think people should give Mazzuri a break here. As far as I've seen he's one of the few who's made a performance product which produce any "real" potential gains for our cars at what I consider to be an affordable price. He's already stated that the ECU needs time to learn and adapt to take advantage of the headers, so everyone should ease up a bit and wait till Toptier gets his additional Dyno done. I myself am waiting for a couple AWD guys to get theirs installed and tested and I have no problem waiting a week or months if need be. I know new products are always up for scrutiny, but if I were Mazzuri I'd be a little ticked at this point. Yes he didn't get a dyno done on the 350, but he also doesn't own one and from what I've read this is not his "primary" or most efficient means of making ends meet. So **** him off enough and he might close the chapter on this gig and I don't think we want that.

Toptier, don't rush it bud... If the weather is not good such that you haven't properly broken them in, I'd say wait a bit longer cause you don't want to further this panic if the figures don't report back the true broken in figures. I realize you have people stooping over your shoulder and they are all very glad your going the extra mile here, but don't jump the gun too early just to satisfy the natives
Old 04-17-08, 11:52 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +100
Old 04-17-08, 12:11 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

yea i dont see why everyones freakin out.. maybe if toptier gets a dyno after 500 miles and theres still no gains.. but until then every needs to relax

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers