Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 03:41 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is tomorrow the final dyno day?
Old 04-17-08, 03:53 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Monday, will be the day he dyno's, unless it snows anymore...
Old 04-17-08, 04:15 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

What does this do exactly...
Old 04-17-08, 04:26 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstream
Chaser, when you have some time you should really read up on this thread and the other thread over on My.IS forum (I won't post a link though). But yes he is selling a SIM which gets around the CEL issue and this consequently upped the price

I know I'm very new to this forum and I typically read much more than I post, but I think people should give Mazzuri a break here. As far as I've seen he's one of the few who's made a performance product which produce any "real" potential gains for our cars at what I consider to be an affordable price. He's already stated that the ECU needs time to learn and adapt to take advantage of the headers, so everyone should ease up a bit and wait till Toptier gets his additional Dyno done. I myself am waiting for a couple AWD guys to get theirs installed and tested and I have no problem waiting a week or months if need be. I know new products are always up for scrutiny, but if I were Mazzuri I'd be a little ticked at this point. Yes he didn't get a dyno done on the 350, but he also doesn't own one and from what I've read this is not his "primary" or most efficient means of making ends meet. So **** him off enough and he might close the chapter on this gig and I don't think we want that.

Toptier, don't rush it bud... If the weather is not good such that you haven't properly broken them in, I'd say wait a bit longer cause you don't want to further this panic if the figures don't report back the true broken in figures. I realize you have people stooping over your shoulder and they are all very glad your going the extra mile here, but don't jump the gun too early just to satisfy the natives
No one is busting his *****. We simply re-summarized what has gone on up to this point.

Everything here was posed a question to Daniel in which he answered a ton in the last 24hrs. This gives everyone information which is what they wanted. I do not see one post that attacks Daniel other then maybe chasers where he calls him "that mazzuri guy". I don't think he meant that negatively either. Hard to tell peoples intentions in text.

All my questions were answered. 1. are these correct gains for the is250 and wasn't the 350 supposed to be the same gains (the question was answered) 2. What is the difference between the 250/350 headers (the question was answered) 3. had mazzuri seen the post of the -1hp from the 350 (the question was answered). Done!

SAE corrects for any airpressure/humidity/temp/etc, so he can dyno whenever he wants (or once his computer has adjusted which should happen in less than 50miles), There is no break-in for stainless steel pipes that are essentially part of the exhaust.

No doubt we need more dyno numbers from 350's and 250's. This will help me, you, Mazzuri, and everyone else on this forum.

Last edited by combfilter; 04-17-08 at 05:04 PM. Reason: i came off like a douche
Old 04-17-08, 04:27 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

btw Toptier, that snow you were getting last week brought me the best spring snowboarding I have ever encountered. Vail was unreal thurs/fri.
Old 04-17-08, 04:47 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Default While we are waiting for 350 dyno results

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I will try to scan some pages from the repair manual tonight to show you what I mean. Only the 250 has this from what I remember.

And as someone already noted - it may have no relationship to how the headers perform.
Here's a PDF of the swirl control valve system for the IS250 only. It is in its own dedicated section of the ISx50 bibles.

Update - I found out that the SCV is only used during engine warm-up. The valve closes one of the two intake ports until the engine is up to temperature. Having only one intake port makes for more swirl at low RPM and helps avoid fuel puddling when the mixture is rich.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
4GR-FSE_Intake.pdf (314.7 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by Gaugster; 04-21-08 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-17-08, 05:05 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Toptier. Hey how much are you paying for each of these dyno's. I think a dyno fund should be started from is350 members.
Old 04-17-08, 05:38 PM
ep3turbo
Driver School Candidate

noob question, but do headers void warranty? i need to go in for service but if the dealer voids it then i dont want to go in.
Old 04-17-08, 07:52 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ep3turbo
noob question, but do headers void warranty? i need to go in for service but if the dealer voids it then i dont want to go in.
They can only deny you warranty that deals with the engine or anything related to it. Obviously they can't take away your suspension warranty because of headers.
Old 04-17-08, 08:22 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

that is pretty sweet gaugster. I wonder what it'd be like if we could set up a custom intake manifold from the opposite end (front bumper end) of the engine and have a ram air kind of intake utilizing the front air scoop.
Old 04-18-08, 08:56 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
btw Toptier, that snow you were getting last week brought me the best spring snowboarding I have ever encountered. Vail was unreal thurs/fri.
yeah this year has been awesome for skiing and snowboarding.
Old 04-18-08, 09:22 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
Toptier. Hey how much are you paying for each of these dyno's. I think a dyno fund should be started from is350 members.
I'm paying $80 for each base line. And there is 3 different dyno's. Base line, base line after install and final dyno on Monday. So I'm spending a total of $240 for the dynos.

It would be nice if people helped contribute funds, but is not necessary. I'm just glad to help contribute to the forum and other 350 owners.
If you want to help contribute to the dyno fund you can paypal money to toptierrider@gmail.com
Old 04-18-08, 09:52 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I'll put in 30.00 . I think other 350 members should send that amount or closer. I know there are about 10 350 members in this thread alone looking at these numbers.

money sent!
Old 04-18-08, 10:00 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

Whoo, 32 pages of Mazzuri super headers and we are finally gonna get to see a dyno sheet? LOL!! Wow, now that's on the fly R&D !

J/k Dan. If we don't give ya hard time who will?

Man I can hardly wait to see this. How long has the header been on this car?
Old 04-18-08, 11:27 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got an is300 but im willing to contribute. I give big props to Toptier for doin this . Big up to you man

you too daniel, i love the fact that ur so personally involved with your current and prospective customers. You answer all the questions people have,you provide great customer service and that puts alot of faith in your products.

thanks a ton

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers