Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 11:48 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Isn't there a 350 owner with the headers in FL?

I'd be willing to swap my exhaust with his for testing purposes. My exhaust has the secondary cat's removed and its 2.5" piping, to an x-pipe, to 2 mufflers. It's a true-dual.

Where in FL are you? I live in Naples...
I'm near Kendall... right next to Florida International University.
Old 04-22-08, 12:06 PM
mikeh555
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
I'm near Kendall... right next to Florida International University.
dude carlos im down to slap the headers on man lemme know .... ill test em out and do all the dynos and **** like that hit me ... im right around the corner from you ill have Herbie at KAW install it for me ...
Old 04-22-08, 12:18 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeh555
dude carlos im down to slap the headers on man lemme know .... ill test em out and do all the dynos and **** like that hit me ... im right around the corner from you ill have Herbie at KAW install it for me ...
lol, i dont have the headers. i was saying we could see what the results are of an is350 with the mazzuri headers with exhaust. erik has the headers but with stock exhaust.

do you have the headers? i though you had a custom exhaust with no secondary cats? if so, you wouldnt really need me for anything lol.
Old 04-22-08, 12:33 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
RWD exhaust manifold:
R 17140-31120
L 17150-31120

There are separate part listings for the AWD exhaust manifolds, but my manual shows the 2.5 and 3.5L engines use the same headers. In fact, they only pieces in the entire exhaust system that are different between the 250 and 350 are the center exhaust pipe (which has the last two cats) and the rear exhaust pipe.

Javier
With that said

Mazzuri: I know you knew that but What happens if u put the headers u made for the 250 on the 350? logically speaking shouldnt u get similar gains on the 350 since they the OEM headers are the same?? just a thought
Old 04-22-08, 12:33 PM
mikeh555
Pole Position

hahah i was under the impression that you had the headers lol .... yea i have custom exhaust wth no secondary cats .... i would be willing aswell to have some send me the hearders and install and dyno ... so lemme know fellas
Old 04-22-08, 03:22 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Yes I am willing to put your exhast onto my car for dyno purposes. I know of a shop here in Naples that will do it. When I was first thinking of having someone install the headers I spoke to a gentalmen about it, the first thing he told me was that the headers would require some tunning of the air fuel ratio. He also said he could do it with out any CEL and without hacking the ECU. This maybe the best route we can take with the Mazzuri headers.
Old 04-22-08, 03:24 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Yes I am willing to put your exhast onto my car for dyno purposes. I know of a shop here in Naples that will do it. When I was first thinking of having someone install the headers I spoke to a gentalmen about it, the first thing he told me was that the headers would require some tunning of the air fuel ratio. He also said he could do it with out any CEL and without hacking the ECU. This maybe the best route we can take with the Mazzuri headers.
We will need before and after dynos. The only bad part is that we will not have a baseline of the car being completely stock, but at least ew can see what happens without the secondary cats.

I am free this weekend. PM me and lets set something up.
Old 04-22-08, 03:33 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more I look at the AFR plot, the more I think that even if the plot is accurate, I still don't think it would be the problem. In my experience with tuning my S2000 and IS350 with my custom piggy-back, high 13's:1 produces more power than 12.X with 93 octane.
Old 04-22-08, 07:29 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
There's no way that this 350 was "running out of fuel". At his altitude, the stock injectors would be totally capable of delivering much more fuel than needed. I think that there has to be something wrong with the dyno's WBO2 or the car's primary O2's. The results are also being taken from behind the secondary cats, which will skew the readings a bit.
I meant it needs some more fuel, as in with an SAFC or something like that.

Bottom line is, the car didn't lose any power anywhere in the power band. Gained some good power down low where it counts and over all I am happy. One has to look at the whole dyno and not just the last 500 rpm.
Old 04-22-08, 07:45 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Bottom line is, the car didn't lose any power anywhere in the power band. Gained some good power down low where it counts and over all I am happy. One has to look at the whole dyno and not just the last 500 rpm.
True, however the results are a little less then spectacular; don't you agree? I do however think the car feels stronger. But, there is still the potential for more power here. We need to find a way to pull out more power from the headers. Daniel would it be possible to tweak the o2 sim to some how lean out the fuel ratio? Forgive me if that is a stupied question.
Old 04-22-08, 07:49 PM
trinityhk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mazzuri
I meant it needs some more fuel, as in with an SAFC or something like that.

so does that mean nothing is going to be changed on the headers then?
Old 04-22-08, 08:05 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Are there any other 250 owners out there that have dyno'ed their cars?

I am still planning on putting my 350 on a dyno. I have just been way too busy to get around to it. But after seeing Mondays results, I want a second opinion, and soon. Unless anyone thinks I should just wait untill a solution is found. But wheres the fun in that..?
Old 04-22-08, 08:11 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by trinityhk
so does that mean nothing is going to be changed on the headers then?
I don't know yet I need to play with the numbers. If I do make changes for the better, all the guys that have 350s that have the header now, will get a new set for free.
Old 04-22-08, 08:15 PM
mazzuri
Driver

True, however the results are a little less then spectacular; don't you agree? I do however think the car feels stronger. But, there is still the potential for more power here. We need to find a way to pull out more power from the headers. Daniel would it be possible to tweak the o2 sim to some how lean out the fuel ratio? Forgive me if that is a stupied question.
Depends how you look at it, but I do agree 30 whp would look a lot nicer . The car should feel stronger as you have a good amount of more torque.

It's not a dumb question. The sim uses different wires, something can be made, but ideally an SAFC or something like that would need to be used 1st to see what it can do.
Old 04-22-08, 08:56 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzuri
If I do make changes for the better, all the guys that have 350s that have the header now, will get a new set for free.
well now that is what you call standing behind your business. kudos.

Is there anyone in CA with a 350 that mazzuri can borrow if he does determine that a redesign is needed? I imagine this would help out in the process.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers