Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08 | 10:24 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mazzuri
The ypipe will have to be new, not because I am looking for power in the there, but because I said it from day one, the headers need to end around where the second o2 sensors are, the way they are now is too short and not ideal. So If i make the headers a lot longer, the stock ypipe will not work and will have to be new. I was trying to avoide this, to keep the cost and work load down, but it seems like it needs to be done.
oh ok.. well my x pipe doesnt start until about a 10" after the o2 sensors.. so maybe i wont have to mess with my exhaust...?
Old 04-24-08 | 10:46 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
oh ok.. well my x pipe doesnt start until about a 10" after the o2 sensors.. so maybe i wont have to mess with my exhaust...?
It sounds like he's saying that we would have to cut the front part of the mid pipe off, and weld new flanges in place for the longer headers. That sounds cool to me, especially if that would make it possible to make the primaries equal length.
Old 04-24-08 | 10:51 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

sounds like a good idea. I can't wait for the newest version.
Old 04-24-08 | 08:14 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
It sounds like he's saying that we would have to cut the front part of the mid pipe off, and weld new flanges in place for the longer headers. That sounds cool to me, especially if that would make it possible to make the primaries equal length.
Na no cutting of the stock parts, it will have everything needed and will bolt up rigth where the stock exhaust starts.
Old 04-24-08 | 08:39 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

how much longer do you think they will be?
Old 04-25-08 | 07:12 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
how much longer do you think they will be?
Daniel if you send me the first update you know I will install it and dyno ASAP
Old 04-25-08 | 08:00 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

anajri,

Wet N2O systems use a simple solenoid that is either on or off. It would provide the same amount of fuel regardless of throttle position or RPM. Basically, it would run extremely rich down low, then slowly lean out as RPMs rise. The ECU would also detect it immediately, and throw a ton of DTCs.

That said, I still feel strongly that fuel was not the problem, and wouldn't invest any effort at all on fuel tuning until I knew what was going on with ignition timing.
anajri & Gernby,

I was actually looking into a similar setup to add fuel (E85 perhaps) to these engines. Basically, it would be a piggy-back fuel/N20 system with injection as close to the intake valves as possible.

The solenoids for these systems are pulsed at around 20hz and a progressive controller can be used to vary the amount of both fuel and N20.

It still seems like a crude method but has some potential IMO. Much more research is needed to see how well it can regulate the additional fuel. at best, it still be a WOT solution only.
Old 04-25-08 | 03:41 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

cant wait for new setup..
Old 04-30-08 | 06:49 AM
Koz

Where's the BEEF?

Koz
Old 04-30-08 | 11:21 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Here are some new interesting dyno results from erikbaker. Erik asked me to post these dyno sheets from his IS350 with my header.

279 whp and over 280 wtq! on a dyno dynamics dyno which is known to spit out the lowest numbers.

Here is the biggest thing that one needs to pay attention to on this dyno, look at the A/F ratio, it's almost at 11 at redline. Compare that to the other dyno which never broke 13s.

Now I know all dynos read very different, so I am working with Erik in finding a stock 350 that can dyno on the same dyno so we can see the real gains.
Old 04-30-08 | 11:43 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Was this dyno done with the stock exhaust?
Old 04-30-08 | 11:48 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Was this dyno done with the stock exhaust?
Yes, Erik has the following mods K&N Filter, Joe-Z Intake, Mazzuri Headers
Old 04-30-08 | 12:22 PM
blake0387
Driver

The real test would be the same car on the same dyno, before and after the install. It seems that readings from different cars on the same dyno would reveal very little. That is unless the gains are just completely ridiculous, which we all hope for.
Old 04-30-08 | 12:27 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mazzuri
Now I know all dynos read very different, so I am working with Erik in finding a stock 350 that can dyno on the same dyno so we can see the real gains.
I assume from the post that Eric doesn't have a before dyno reading on this same dyno? Not too sure about comparing two different IS350's though as some just run higher numbers.
Old 04-30-08 | 12:31 PM
mazzuri
Driver

From looking at all the dynos out there, they are all pretty consistent and put down around the same power, in a perfect world if Erik can take the headers off and put his stock ones on, that would be awesome, but that will take a lot of money and time. A stock 350 on the same dyno will still give us a good idea of what’s going on.

As I said before I though fuel was the problem on the 1st dyno, and looking at this dyno it's clear that is the case.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers