Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-08, 06:36 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there any IS350 drivers that live in florida?? or near erik baker??
we need to set up a race!! or let them drive eachothers cars, then we can know forsure!
Old 05-02-08, 09:25 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by erikbaker
The reseason I want to do another dyno is because, THE CAR DOESNT FEEL LIKE IT GAINED 50 WTQ. I dont want people getting their hopes up just to find out my dyno is incorrect.
With such a flat torque curve the butt dyno is not accurate, as you don't feel a sudden on set of of a lot of power (as for a 1000 hp supra, that makes 400 wtq in 1,000 rpms), the car is pulled at pretty much the same tq for most of the power band. It happens with all cars with flat toeque curves.

Now this is not to say you gained 50 wtq, I don't know that, but this will explain why you don't feel like that way.

Have you raced anyone, since you say you drive like it's a drag strip all the time?
Old 05-03-08, 05:59 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see the results were posted on your website. Doesn't seem like such a great idea considering only 2 people have dynoed and one of those didn't have the gains you and everyone else were expecting. Still too many variables to know exact gains.
Old 05-03-08, 07:24 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

Have you raced anyone, since you say you drive like it's a drag strip all the time?
No I havnt. I got in some trouble a few years ago doing that. So I try to stay away from street racing. What I meant by driving like a drag strip is, I tend to floor it leaving the lights but I stop once I hit about 10 over the speed limit.
I am off on Tuesday so Daniel if you want me to find another shop to pull a dyno I will. I know of two different shops I can go to. The most expensive one is $150 and the other is $100, but there dyno was broken (it maybe fixed by now). The first one I went to only cost $75. Let me know, Thanks.
Old 05-03-08, 11:36 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

so ur one of the jerks making gas prices ridiculous.
Old 05-03-08, 11:50 AM
mazzuri
Driver

No I havnt. I got in some trouble a few years ago doing that. So I try to stay away from street racing. What I meant by driving like a drag strip is, I tend to floor it leaving the lights but I stop once I hit about 10 over the speed limit.
I am off on Tuesday so Daniel if you want me to find another shop to pull a dyno I will. I know of two different shops I can go to. The most expensive one is $150 and the other is $100, but there dyno was broken (it maybe fixed by now). The first one I went to only cost $75. Let me know, Thanks.
Another dyno is not going to do anything, a stock is350 needs to dyno on the same dyno. If you where local I would take them off for you and put them back on so we can dyno your car stock on the same dyno, how much would it cost to have the stock stuff put on and than have them reinstalled after the dyno? and paying anything over $80 for 3 pulls just to see your numbers, is way too much.
Old 05-03-08, 11:51 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by uschardcor
so ur one of the jerks making gas prices ridiculous.
I don't see how him driving fast has anything to do with gas prices?
Old 05-03-08, 12:04 PM
mazzuri
Driver

If we can't find a car in the next couple of weeks, I will rent one and do all the tests on it my self.
Old 05-03-08, 05:14 PM
trinityhk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mazzuri
If we can't find a car in the next couple of weeks, I will rent one and do all the tests on it my self.
does it need to be bone stock?
Old 05-03-08, 05:38 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by trinityhk
does it need to be bone stock?
No it doesn't. We are just looking for the before and after. Where exactly are you located?
Old 05-03-08, 05:49 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

how much would it cost to have the stock stuff put on and than have them reinstalled after the dyno?
The original quote I recieved was about $400, for 2 hours of work. They wanted another $100 to do a dyno on it after the install. Can you all see now why I decided to install them myself? But that was just taking the old ones off and putting the new ones on. If you want me to get a quote for running a dyno then removing the headers, replacing the OEM ones and doing another dyno. Then reinstalling the Mazzuri headers, I will. That will not be cheap. I cant have the shop that did my dyno do it. It is too far away for me to be stuck there all day. It would also take the shop all day to do this, so the cost would be atleast $750-$1000.
Old 05-03-08, 06:05 PM
mazzuri
Driver

The original quote I recieved was about $400, for 2 hours of work. They wanted another $100 to do a dyno on it after the install. Can you all see now why I decided to install them myself? But that was just taking the old ones off and putting the new ones on. If you want me to get a quote for running a dyno then removing the headers, replacing the OEM ones and doing another dyno. Then reinstalling the Mazzuri headers, I will. That will not be cheap. I cant have the shop that did my dyno do it. It is too far away for me to be stuck there all day. It would also take the shop all day to do this, so the cost would be atleast $750-$1000.
Yeah that's way too much. Renting one will cost about $120 a day, so worst case it will cost me about 600 or so to do all my testing if i need to rent one.
Old 05-03-08, 06:55 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

So will you be testing both versions of your 350 headers? How long do you think it will take. The 350 needs at least 500 miles put on it before the ecu learns the new headers.
Old 05-03-08, 08:39 PM
mazzuri
Driver

So will you be testing both versions of your 350 headers? How long do you think it will take. The 350 needs at least 500 miles put on it before the ecu learns the new headers.
No not both, just the set you have. I don't know how long it will take or when I do it. I am still hopeing your dealer friend is able to help out.
Old 05-04-08, 01:00 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can test the headers with the help of a friend with lexus toolsl. This will give more info than any dyno will ever give. I have already wrote mazzuri about this.

If you want this done , send a set of headers down to me and I will test them. If i like the results i will keep them and pay for them, if not I will send them back. I have a good reputation on this site, and even the moderators would backup my reputation. This is the best data everyone reading this thread could have. This would settle anything and everything about the design. I could have the complete results within 2 weeks.

Last edited by combfilter; 05-04-08 at 01:12 AM.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers