Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-08, 01:42 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ thats a great idea.. but do you really think anyone who already has them istalled is going to pay to get them removed, and then put back on again..

maybe if we could all throw in for a fund to have daniel send you a set for testing, then you could either pay and keep or send them back pending results..
Old 05-04-08, 01:48 AM
Zanorath
Pole Position

I think that was the message he sent Daniel, not a message to us. Personally I think it'd be a great idea.
Old 05-04-08, 01:53 AM
trinityhk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mazzuri
No it doesn't. We are just looking for the before and after. Where exactly are you located?
I sent you a PM
Old 05-04-08, 01:51 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
I can test the headers with the help of a friend with lexus toolsl. This will give more info than any dyno will ever give. I have already wrote mazzuri about this.

If you want this done , send a set of headers down to me and I will test them. If i like the results i will keep them and pay for them, if not I will send them back. I have a good reputation on this site, and even the moderators would backup my reputation. This is the best data everyone reading this thread could have. This would settle anything and everything about the design. I could have the complete results within 2 weeks.
PM me your address.
Old 05-05-08, 10:12 AM
05LSV
Lead Lap

I can test the headers with the help of a friend with lexus toolsl. This will give more info than any dyno will ever give. I have already wrote mazzuri about this.

If you want this done , send a set of headers down to me and I will test them. If i like the results i will keep them and pay for them, if not I will send them back. I have a good reputation on this site, and even the moderators would backup my reputation. This is the best data everyone reading this thread could have. This would settle anything and everything about the design. I could have the complete results within 2 weeks.
sweet!!!!!!
Old 05-05-08, 10:42 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Combfilter, if you go for before / after dynos, maybe I could dyno mine on both days as well to be the "control".
Old 05-05-08, 11:40 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

anyone heard form t-love?? hes on my.is
He has an IS350 and got his mazzuri headers installed a long time ago, he said he had a dyno schedualed a few weeks back but he never posted it up..?
fishy..
Old 05-05-08, 12:13 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
anyone heard form t-love?? hes on my.is
He has an IS350 and got his mazzuri headers installed a long time ago, he said he had a dyno schedualed a few weeks back but he never posted it up..?
fishy..
T-love is having issues with a CEL, seems like something in the primary sensors was damaged during the install. So he is trying to get that fixed.
Old 05-05-08, 05:56 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Awsome i.m glad to see there will be some indepth testing for these. It also sounds like a win, win, situation for the both of you.

So what will the lexus tools do for us? How are they going to show us more than a dyno? Have you already done this testing to your own car?

From all of us interested in the headers...Thanks
Old 05-05-08, 09:05 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it should be cool. I have to wait for carchitect to get back in town. he is on vacation with his wife. He is also very busy and gets pulled from a lot of directions (he is the one with the tool). carchitect had discussed this before and he offered, but I wanted to wait and see how this thread unfolded. There's a bunch of stuff going on here and it has to be hard for everyone involved. 1. Daniel has stated that his primary business does not come from making headers. That being said I am sure it sucks trying to do this in your spare time, answer questions in a forum, and sift through data. 2. I had planned on getting some headers once the o2 situation was resolved (either from daniel or dallas performance (taylor),so its not like I am going to lose anything. 3. I like the way daniel addressed the current is350 header owners, and would like to help him come to a conclusion that everyone is happy with.

Gernby - I will dyno down where we had cats removed. That is not that close for you, but if you want to roll down we can drink some beer or something? I think they are 75.00 for 3 pulls. I'll get that info. I will probably go get the baseline dyno on sunday. I'll keep you posted.

erik the tools they have at lexus talk directly with the car.. It will tell you where the car is falling on it's face , a/f, etc.. A lot of the same data you might get from your a/f on a dyno pull but on a more granular level talking directly with the computer and seeing what the car is doing to correct itself.

Sucks Daniel isn't here in texas because he could have my 350 for a month if need be.

This might take a few weeks so hang tight. I'll get the baseline info up here in about 1 week.
Old 05-05-08, 11:05 PM
IsDOODE
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have like a step by step instructions on how to install the o2 simulator? or pictures of the installation?
Old 05-05-08, 11:40 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by IsDOODE
does anyone have like a step by step instructions on how to install the o2 simulator? or pictures of the installation?
Installing the sim is very easy. Cut and solder 4 wires.
Old 05-05-08, 11:42 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Yeah it should be cool. I have to wait for carchitect to get back in town. he is on vacation with his wife. He is also very busy and gets pulled from a lot of directions (he is the one with the tool). carchitect had discussed this before and he offered, but I wanted to wait and see how this thread unfolded. There's a bunch of stuff going on here and it has to be hard for everyone involved. 1. Daniel has stated that his primary business does not come from making headers. That being said I am sure it sucks trying to do this in your spare time, answer questions in a forum, and sift through data. 2. I had planned on getting some headers once the o2 situation was resolved (either from daniel or dallas performance (taylor),so its not like I am going to lose anything. 3. I like the way daniel addressed the current is350 header owners, and would like to help him come to a conclusion that everyone is happy with.

Gernby - I will dyno down where we had cats removed. That is not that close for you, but if you want to roll down we can drink some beer or something? I think they are 75.00 for 3 pulls. I'll get that info. I will probably go get the baseline dyno on sunday. I'll keep you posted.

erik the tools they have at lexus talk directly with the car.. It will tell you where the car is falling on it's face , a/f, etc.. A lot of the same data you might get from your a/f on a dyno pull but on a more granular level talking directly with the computer and seeing what the car is doing to correct itself.

Sucks Daniel isn't here in texas because he could have my 350 for a month if need be.

This might take a few weeks so hang tight. I'll get the baseline info up here in about 1 week.
Thanks again!
Old 05-06-08, 06:15 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how the Lexus scan tool could be any more helpfull to diagnose this issue than an OBDII scan tool. My cheapo OBDII scan tool has totally adequate resolution if you are logging just one or two parameters at a time. It's not like you have to datalog EVERYTHING simultaneously.

Troy, you're right. That dyno would be rather far for 2 trips. I was hoping you would be doing the dyno pulls at Taylor's shop.
Old 05-06-08, 03:01 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Sounds good, when are you supposed to recieve the headers? The install is a biatch. Are you doing it yourself? You would save a lot of $ if you do. If you do please take pics for the people who will be DIYing it themselves later. Looking back I wish that I would have done it right. I should have taken pics and performed a dyno prior to any mods. Good luck, and again, thanks for doing the leg work. We all appreciate it.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers