Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 07:14 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by erikbaker
... Looking back I wish that I would have done it right. I should have taken pics and performed a dyno ...
I've typed these same words many times. If I had only filed some sort of copyright ... I would be calling my lawyer right now!
Old 05-07-08, 08:27 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever the case, it's clear A/F is the reason. Eriks and TopTiers cars both have my headers on them which is a completely different to your car. So 13s may be a good number for a 350 with a stock exahust system, but with a header it may like to be rich.. as can be concluded from the two dynos.

All dynos do read different thats for sure, but I have yet to see a 350 hit 280 wtq on any dyno, on a dyno dynamics at that, but the bottom line is a stock 350 needs to be dynoed on the same dyno.
Alright, my dealer is coming through for us. He has an appointment for a dyno tomorrow morning. The car he is bringing is a stock 350 with 24,000 miles on it. He will be doing the dyno on the very same dyno I used. So we will have confirmation on my dyno results. Once Combfilter finishes his results, testing should be complete.
Daniel thanks for paying for this dyno. You really do stand behind your products.
Old 05-07-08, 08:50 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Alright, my dealer is coming through for us. He has an appointment for a dyno tomorrow morning. The car he is bringing is a stock 350 with 24,000 miles on it. He will be doing the dyno on the very same dyno I used. So we will have confirmation on my dyno results. Once Combfilter finishes his results, testing should be complete.
Daniel thanks for paying for this dyno. You really do stand behind your products.
n/p, talking with him about your dyno and the dyno in general he said everyone who dynos there always complains of low numbers and they did testing to see how much lower their dyno reads compared to a dyno jet and its around 10 to 15% lower than a dynojet. So I am very curious of the results tomorrow.
Old 05-07-08, 11:15 PM
GB Packfan
Driver

Thanks guys for all your efforts and sharing it with all of us.
Old 05-08-08, 04:08 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OK so yeah me and my buddy Chad will be doing the install. I am going to have to bribe him with some alcohol and food.

I will be dyno'ing next tues on a dynocom dyno (pre header install). I'll post that baseline here. Then get with carchitect and his reader around his schedule. Then install the headers, go back and dyno and get with carchitect again.

ha remember that dyno fund money? can i get that back ? joking.
Old 05-10-08, 06:53 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

So... I havent seen the dyno results. The dyno was performed three days ago, but no one has seen the results yet. From what I have heard they are not very conclusive. There was a "issue" with the dyno. What ever that means?
Combfilter, you are the one who could possibley give us the most detailed info on the headers. Would you like a dyno fund?
Old 05-11-08, 06:03 AM
Toptier
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
OK so yeah me and my buddy Chad will be doing the install. I am going to have to bribe him with some alcohol and food.

I will be dyno'ing next tues on a dynocom dyno (pre header install). I'll post that baseline here. Then get with carchitect and his reader around his schedule. Then install the headers, go back and dyno and get with carchitect again.

ha remember that dyno fund money? can i get that back ? joking.
I can hook you back up just tell me where to send it. And thanks for doing a more extensive test of the headers.
Old 05-11-08, 10:17 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Yeah if anyone feels like it you can throw in a couple of bucks paypal to combfilter@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Damn what is all the deal with all these dyno's for headers? One problem after another.
Old 05-11-08, 01:36 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Paypal sent.
Old 05-11-08, 04:16 PM
mazzuri
Driver

I will post the after dyno image as soon as I get them, from talking with the dyno man, Todd, he said peak HP gains where around 6/7 hp but tq wise it was over 25 wtq which came on much sooner and was there for much longer than stock.

The dyno broke while they where dynoing another car rigth after the stock 350.
Old 05-11-08, 04:24 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gernby
Paypal sent.
Thanks Greg. You missed a good day at the track yesterday. Your previous car was representing out there. Too Bad they don't have the torque to hang with the big dawgs
Old 05-11-08, 10:51 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gernby
I don't see how the Lexus scan tool could be any more helpfull to diagnose this issue than an OBDII scan tool. My cheapo OBDII scan tool has totally adequate resolution if you are logging just one or two parameters at a time. It's not like you have to datalog EVERYTHING simultaneously.
Of course you don't, you wouldn't be gernby if you agreed.

It will tell you when/if the car is pulling timing or not. That way you know if it's a header design problem or the ecu is adjusting for the change. Other than that, yes the a/f will be pretty much the same as a dyno.

BTW our cove at joe pool looked like glass today. We will be out next weekend. Dust is officially going to be off the wakeboard.
Old 05-12-08, 06:35 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by combfilter
Of course you don't, you wouldn't be gernby if you agreed.
I try to only post when I have an opinion that hasn't already been expressed by someone else or to back up a shared opinion that is under attack. All other posts seem like a waste of everyone's time.

You're missing my point about the OBDII scan tool. It can provide high resolution datalogs of each primary O2 sensor (AFR), long and short term fuel trims, timing advance, coolant temp, and throttle plate position all across the RPM range. What else would be needed?

Regarding the lake, we went out on Saturday, but didn't find any glassy water. I'm surprised you've waited so long to get wet. We've been rocking the Air Chair for a month.
Old 05-12-08, 12:51 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mazzuri
I will post the after dyno image as soon as I get them, from talking with the dyno man, Todd, he said peak HP gains where around 6/7 hp but tq wise it was over 25 wtq which came on much sooner and was there for much longer than stock.

The dyno broke while they where dynoing another car rigth after the stock 350.
so with the headers there was a peak gain of 7whp and 25 wtq?
Old 05-12-08, 02:26 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
so with the headers there was a peak gain of 7whp and 25 wtq?
From talking to Todd yes, but I won't know for sure untill I see the dyno my self.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers