Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 06:12 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only got one side done, so it will go out tomorrow.
Old 05-27-08, 06:47 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

take your time dude. no need to rush anything.
Old 05-27-08, 09:28 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

I've gotten some data pertaining to the AF sensors. They work from 0-5 volts unlike the 1-volt Heated O2 sensors. I need to find the A/F to AF voltage table. I'm planning on logging my IS350 to see the difference between both vehicles. I'm also planning on reviewing the logs for the A/F, injector duty cycle, fuel trims, MAF flow, and comparing both vehicles to see where we stand with the vehicles currently. Then after the Mazzuri headers go in we can review the change it has made. Being that Troy's car is performing excellent so far, I'm predicting some promising gains. We keep you guys posted with a few graphs once we get them handled.

-Joe
Old 05-27-08, 11:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by carchitect
I've gotten some data pertaining to the AF sensors. They work from 0-5 volts unlike the 1-volt Heated O2 sensors. I need to find the A/F to AF voltage table. I'm planning on logging my IS350 to see the difference between both vehicles. I'm also planning on reviewing the logs for the A/F, injector duty cycle, fuel trims, MAF flow, and comparing both vehicles to see where we stand with the vehicles currently. Then after the Mazzuri headers go in we can review the change it has made. Being that Troy's car is performing excellent so far, I'm predicting some promising gains. We keep you guys posted with a few graphs once we get them handled.

-Joe
More detailed than this:
Attached Thumbnails mazzuri super headers-af-sensor-chart.jpg  
Old 05-28-08, 09:40 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Yeah, I found it. Its this one.

Old 05-28-08, 03:27 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Got the new set all done, but ran out of o2 sims . So it will be a little more before I ship them.

The inside is the new set:

Old 05-28-08, 03:32 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mazzuri
Got the new set all done, but ran out of o2 sims . So it will be a little more before I ship them.

Wow those look so good, can't wait to see the results. Hope to be purchasing these in the near future.
Old 05-28-08, 03:45 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Damn, those look great! I want a set of those... Anyone want to buy a set of the IS350 1st gen Mazzuri headers?

OK, here is where I'm at with my current situation envolving my misfires.

The issue was directly related to the o2 sim. I removed all my mods one at a time. I started the car inbetween each un-install, I still had the misfires. The last mod I removed was the o2 sim. Since I've removed it the car has been running perfectly. My next step will be to have my now stock 350 run on a dyno. I will use the same dyno as before. This will be the make up dyno since it broke during our last test. This will show us the true gain of the headers on my car. I will also test out the o2 sim after the dyno. I want to know if the promblem was caused by how I installed the sim, or if the sim over heated or somthing internally went wrong. I used the quick connects that require you to pinch them shut with pliers. I've never had a promblem with them before but Daniel said they tend to cause alot of problems. If everything is fine with the sim I will solder them on next time.

As far as the performance goes. My car still feels like it has the same amount of power, that it had with the headers. However I can definitly feel a difference in the TQ. The car as you all know needs to be around 5krpm for it to realy pull. With the headers the TQ is always there. So you dont have to wait for the rpm's to feel it pull. I hope to have the car dyno'd on Wednesday the 4th. I will do a pull bone stock and another with the K&N filter plus Joe-Z intake.
Old 05-28-08, 04:06 PM
newis350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mazzuri

Daniel. What is the difference between the old vs. new headers?
Old 05-28-08, 04:14 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

the collectors look bigger as well as the diameter of the pipes, they also seem longer but that could be due to the picture. either wya they look excellent.

i would love to see an awd header dyno though......
Old 05-28-08, 05:59 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by newis350
Daniel. What is the difference between the old vs. new headers?
The new set is a step header design; it goes from 1.5" to 1.62" to 1.75" at the collectors. Also some changes to the flange and the ports. This should open it up for top end without losing any low end.. so I estimate, but this car has surprised me a few times so the dyno will be the true test.
Old 05-28-08, 06:02 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

I see some different bends right before the collectors.
Old 05-28-08, 06:42 PM
350forMe
Rookie

saweet! i feel my destiny with these headers closer and closer! im glad i didnt buy the f-sport exhaust and blow my money on that instead of these headers. :-) great work master header creator!
Old 05-28-08, 07:08 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We needs a dyno!
Old 05-28-08, 08:36 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Damn, those look great! I want a set of those... Anyone want to buy a set of the IS350 1st gen Mazzuri headers?

OK, here is where I'm at with my current situation envolving my misfires.

The issue was directly related to the o2 sim. I removed all my mods one at a time.
erikbaker. I am glad you found your issue. Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how it goes once you put the o2 sim back on.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers