Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-08, 01:59 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzuri
It's really not hard at all. It would take you less than 10 minutes. You can even twist and tape the wires really good, for now. I did that a few times while testing the sim.
yeah, but reading what ericbaker went through, I want to make sure it's perfect.

I'll have it dyno'd by end of week coming up.

I have to get some stuff done around the house this weekend and am going wakeboarding tomorrow.

Trust me I am anxious to see what the numbers are going to be like.
Old 06-14-08, 03:02 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
yeah, but reading what ericbaker went through, I want to make sure it's perfect.

I'll have it dyno'd by end of week coming up.

I have to get some stuff done around the house this weekend and am going wakeboarding tomorrow.

Trust me I am anxious to see what the numbers are going to be like.
I would like to second what Gremby stated. I think it might be better to wait until you got more miles on the car before doing the dyno.

Of course I can understand the desire to get-R-dunn as I am waiting for my 2nd set and follow-up dyno as well.

In any event, good luck and I hope the gains are good.

Regards,
Old 06-15-08, 08:35 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Daniel, would you please take some detailed photos of the sim and how it connects to the car (one for each wire, at least)? I would like to double check my work. This will also give everyone reading this thread an understanding of how it is intergrated into our cars. Your diagram is great, but nothing beats great pics...

Thanks
Old 06-16-08, 07:00 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^There are already pics posted in this thread.
Old 06-16-08, 08:21 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

There are already pics posted in this thread.
I know, but unless you know what you are looking at or looking for they can be a bit confusing. I have installed my sim a few times. I am 99.9% sure I got it right. I just think that the pics could be more detailed, thats all.
Old 06-16-08, 08:41 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Oh ok, I thought you were just looking for pics. In that case
Old 06-17-08, 05:09 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Daniel, would you please take some detailed photos of the sim and how it connects to the car (one for each wire, at least)? I would like to double check my work. This will also give everyone reading this thread an understanding of how it is intergrated into our cars. Your diagram is great, but nothing beats great pics...

Thanks

Here you go erik. This was confirmed today by Daniel as being correct.

Old 06-17-08, 05:13 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Two I like to see that someone else is hacking on their ECU wiring besides me
Old 06-17-08, 09:23 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Anyone in the So. Cal area near Pacoima with an 08 IS350? I need to test a sim on your car. It will do no harm to your car and will take about 30 min at most (the wiring harness will have to be cut for this). I will give you $50 for your time. You can come by at night if needed.
Old 06-17-08, 09:51 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Toptier & Erikbaker

Will you guys please PM me the manufacture date of your cars please?
Old 06-18-08, 04:23 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Does the sim not work with the newer cars? I have an 06 will this be a problem?
Old 06-18-08, 06:57 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

Toptier & Erikbaker

Will you guys please PM me the manufacture date of your cars please?
As soon as I get it back from Lexus I will. I will be on vacation starting tomorrow, I doubt I will have my car by then, so it may be a while. What I can tell you know is that... My car is 1000 cars too new to qualify for the "noise at start up" TSIB, (my dealer is still going to do it though) if that helps. I'm sure someone knows about the time of production on those VIN numbers. So for now we could at least have an educated guess.

Why do want to know our production dates? What are you looking for?
Old 06-18-08, 08:12 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by erikbaker
As soon as I get it back from Lexus I will. I will be on vacation starting tomorrow, I doubt I will have my car by then, so it may be a while. What I can tell you know is that... My car is 1000 cars too new to qualify for the "noise at start up" TSIB, (my dealer is still going to do it though) if that helps. I'm sure someone knows about the time of production on those VIN numbers. So for now we could at least have an educated guess.

Why do want to know our production dates? What are you looking for?
The sim didn't work on Troys car, I mean it did, but not 100%. Seems like the ECU on the IS350s was changed sometime in the mid of 07, the new ECU is a little bit smarter than the older one. So I want to double check it my self to rule out a bad sim.

The sim may have to be changed a bit for the newer IS350s.

If you have a 06 and some 07 IS350 or have an IS250 (no matter what year) the sim works just fine.
Old 06-18-08, 08:33 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might not be as clear cut as the manufacture date. There were lots of situations like this when people tried to install sims on Honda S2000's. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they worked well, sometimes they didn't. My theory was that it was just a clash in the tolerances of the analog sims with the A/D's in the ECU's. You might find that swapping Troy's sim might work fine on another IS350, and another sim might work fine on Troy's car.
Old 06-18-08, 08:46 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
It might not be as clear cut as the manufacture date. There were lots of situations like this when people tried to install sims on Honda S2000's. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they worked well, sometimes they didn't. My theory was that it was just a clash in the tolerances of the analog sims with the A/D's in the ECU's. You might find that swapping Troy's sim might work fine on another IS350, and another sim might work fine on Troy's car.
From what I understood, and Troy can correct me if I am wrong, but the sim it self worked 100%, but it was as if the ECU was looking for the stock o2 sensors and knew something else was there.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers