Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-08 | 10:45 AM
T-Love
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by erikbaker
But Combfilter is having problems and so am I, something must be causing it. I know that the other 350's with the headers are just fine. So this isnt a wide spread problem.
I was the first is350 to install the headers and I still have the cel problem. I don't know if it's the same problem you guys are having or not though. I changed out my A/F sensor on the passenger side and the sim and still get the cel/vsc at about 5 miles after reset. I'm hopping to do some wire tests this weekend to see if I have a short somewhere. I just haven't had much time to mess with my car. I'm getting a bank 1 sensor 1 code. My car is an 06' I'd have to look at the manufacture date when I get home. And for Combfilter it's black.
Old 06-20-08 | 10:54 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Originally Posted by T-Love
I was the first is350 to install the headers and I still have the cel problem. I don't know if it's the same problem you guys are having or not though. I changed out my A/F sensor on the passenger side and the sim and still get the cel/vsc at about 5 miles after reset. I'm hopping to do some wire tests this weekend to see if I have a short somewhere. I just haven't had much time to mess with my car. I'm getting a bank 1 sensor 1 code. My car is an 06' I'd have to look at the manufacture date when I get home. And for Combfilter it's black.
This might not be related but the basic instruction for bolting on the O2 sensor states that we are suppose to put a few (4 complete rotations) counter clockwise turns on the wire harness before the sensor is screwed into the exhaust pipe. These turns are reversed when the sensor is fully screwed in resulting in more slack and less inherent tension is the harness.

Is everyone doing this? Could the wires be getting damaged otherwise?

Regards,

Last edited by Gaugster; 06-20-08 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-20-08 | 11:34 AM
T-Love
Driver School Candidate

I didn't do that. I didn't see any damage to the wires on the A/F sensor but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Old 06-20-08 | 12:02 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

I didn't do that. I didn't see any damage to the wires on the A/F sensor but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Well the A/F sensor should be okay since it is a short pigtail and can be disconnected from the engine bay. I actually just unpluged them and removed it with the manifold. It was easy to swap them over to the headers on a bench.

The O2 sensors in the lower exhaust pipes have a long harness that is routed up into the vehicle interior. These are the ones that I was talking about.
Old 06-20-08 | 12:35 PM
mazzuri
Driver

You where the second, Yummy (username on here) was the 1st. As the code says your problem is from the bank 1 sensor 1, it has nothing to do with them sim.
Old 06-21-08 | 09:50 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

The sim we used on Troy's car could be defective but I just don't see how. With it wired as instructed the sims were generating voltage in the ecm's datalist. Both the B1s2 and B2s2 were fluctuating.

I will be trying to make the non-foulers like I've mentioned on my previous post and have them installed by Monday on Troy's car. We will then see how well they adapt to the OEM ecm monitoring and go from there. I'm feeling more positive from the non-fouler solution since it is easily reversable and no wires will need to be hacked.
Old 06-21-08 | 06:47 PM
yummy
Driver School Candidate

i have a 06 is350 and i dont have any problems with the sim no CEL i had john from exact motorsports installed the headers and the sim
Old 06-23-08 | 09:20 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I took this morning off today to go dyno my car. I've driven it about 40 miles since resetting the ecu. Well, the dude that runs the dyno today had the monday morning sickness so that was a waste of taking the morning off. Pisses me off, but what can I do.

I reschedule for wed morning and will see if it's cool for me to come in late again.
Old 06-23-08 | 09:56 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks. hope it goes well on wed =/
Old 06-23-08 | 10:03 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

comb;

Would you also please comment on the buttdyno? i know u guys arnt into to percieved results but i think thats quite important. Hard numbers are good for bragging rights but at the same time I wanna feel my car being faster (even ifs its psychological) !

I know at 300hp there wont be much diff in feel but any comments will be appreciated. Does the car FEEL alot faster? did u FEEL u lost any top end torque/power?

just ur 2 cents please. Plus it will be nice to put it againts the real dyno results when they come out
Old 06-24-08 | 06:52 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
I took this morning off today to go dyno my car. I've driven it about 40 miles since resetting the ecu. Well, the dude that runs the dyno today had the monday morning sickness so that was a waste of taking the morning off. Pisses me off, but what can I do.

I reschedule for wed morning and will see if it's cool for me to come in late again.
That sucks.

I am still waiting on someone to let me borrow their 08, so far no one. I will give it some more time, if still no one, I will send you the "good" sim.
Old 06-24-08 | 08:40 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ndk83
comb;

Would you also please comment on the buttdyno? i know u guys arnt into to percieved results but i think thats quite important. Hard numbers are good for bragging rights but at the same time I wanna feel my car being faster (even ifs its psychological) !

I know at 300hp there wont be much diff in feel but any comments will be appreciated. Does the car FEEL alot faster? did u FEEL u lost any top end torque/power?

just ur 2 cents please. Plus it will be nice to put it againts the real dyno results when they come out
No, i don't do butt dyno's. No I don't feel a difference, and you won't on a 300hp car. I know I sound like a jerk here, and I am not trying to be, but I get a lot of PM's asking me this same question that has already been answered.

I mean the car is quick. It always was. I don't ever have people trying to race me or anything though. I did "try" race this lady in a m5 the other day, and off the light we were fine, but obviously her 500hp ended up spanking me. She was hot too. Kind of turned me on.

I am guessing the v1.0 of the headers some of those guys could "feel" more because they were adding +20lbs of torque. Which you will feel .

I did state that I have chirped some 2nd gears from time to time, which my car never did before. I have heard gernby's do this though without the headers when I talked to him on the phone one day. He does have lower profile tires, but who knows.

I drove the car to work today to get more miles on the headers before I try to go dyno again tomorrow.

I should have a total of about 70 miles since the last ecu reset before the dyno.

again I am not trying to be a jerk or come off rude. The dyno will tell us more info, and the logs from the lexus scan tool. My butt dyno is non-existant.

one more thing I just noticed you asked:
I def. do not feel any loss of torque or power.

Last edited by combfilter; 06-24-08 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-24-08 | 08:45 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mazzuri
That sucks.

I am still waiting on someone to let me borrow their 08, so far no one. I will give it some more time, if still no one, I will send you the "good" sim.
yeah that is weird no one is willing to come by and help. I see a lot of people in this thread from CA , but i guess they might live up north???

send that one down, instead of going thru the hassle of trying to find someone. It takes 5min to hook up, so we will know right away. If it works, i'll keep it, if not i'll send it back along with the original.

I bought some spark plug non-fowlers and need to screw them in sometime this week and mark them. Carchitect is then going to weld this elbow thing he describe in a few post above. Will give that a shot if the sim you send down doesn't work for my car.
Old 06-24-08 | 09:29 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
yeah that is weird no one is willing to come by and help. I see a lot of people in this thread from CA , but i guess they might live up north???

send that one down, instead of going thru the hassle of trying to find someone. It takes 5min to hook up, so we will know right away. If it works, i'll keep it, if not i'll send it back along with the original.

I bought some spark plug non-fowlers and need to screw them in sometime this week and mark them. Carchitect is then going to weld this elbow thing he describe in a few post above. Will give that a shot if the sim you send down doesn't work for my car.
Unless Joe has a different way of doing it, the non-fowlers did not work on my 250, maybe you will have better luck with them. As for them sim, I have one guy PM me today, we'll see how that goes.
Old 06-24-08 | 10:25 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

thanks for the response and "not" giving us a buttdyno report. it sucks that u dont feel any gains. Hopefully on a 230hp car i will feel the diff. as for the torque HP numbers should be interesting to see what you got.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers