Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-08, 06:40 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheappc
I guess it looks great for the 250 owners. A couple of questions:

1. What is the real difference in 0-60 times, and 1/4 miles for the 250?

2. What is the real hp and torque at the crank for the 250 after headers?

I live in California, Downey, would be interested.
I have dyno'd and run the 1/4 mile in my stock IS250 AWD. I should have the header back and installed in a week or two. I should have post dyno and 1/4 mile times by the end of August. Hopfully.

I won't have a o-60mph time only 60' times

The crank HP/TQ can only be assumed based on the data measured at the wheels.
Old 07-07-08, 04:27 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
sorry guys. We are still going to get this info. Just wont be till this next weekend. Carchitect has been busy finishing up a supra project and hasn't been able to get the lexus scan tool.

We should have some time this weekend.
Any updates on this?
Old 07-08-08, 03:53 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

I have 6,891 miles on my car. I will let you know if have anymore CELs. I hope all my issues were fixed at the dealer. I'm not very optimistic though.
Ok, so I made it to 6,927 miles before the misfires started up again. Yes a whole 36 miles before my problems came back, SWEET! I was on my way to Tampa (good thing I brought an Oh**** emergency repair kit) when this happened. The first thing I tried to do was reset the ECU. This worked for about a mile. Then I disconnected the sim. I thought it would be ok and all I would show was CEL. This worked for about 2 miles before the misfires started up.

So here I go again... Time to remove the headers and take it back to Lexus, they love me there! I give them job security...

Does anyone have a clue as to why this happens when the headers are on my car? I am connecting everything the way it should be connected. Could it be that with the intake, filter, and headers the cars engine breaths too easiely and the cars ECU is retarding the timing so much its causing misfires?

I am at a lost for words and reason as to why I'm having such bad luck with this.
Old 07-08-08, 04:03 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Did you ever get any fuel trim, AFR, or timing data via OBDII? If so, what did it show? If not, then you've wasted a LOT of energy and time.
Old 07-08-08, 04:52 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

^^On my way to advance auto...
Old 07-08-08, 05:13 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Ok, they couldnt show me the AFR, or timing. They just said that it was only showing random misfires in bank 1 and 2. The timeing and AFR checked out to be "fine".

Time to get to work on the headers...again
Old 07-08-08, 05:15 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

thats weird that you are having all these issues with the headers and sim. I still haven't had any with mine and I have been driving my car daily for the past 3 weeks. I have over 2k miles on them now.
Old 07-08-08, 05:46 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

doesn't like the humidity
Old 07-08-08, 07:02 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

doesn't like the humidity
Is that possible?
Old 07-09-08, 07:43 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Ok, they couldnt show me the AFR, or timing. They just said that it was only showing random misfires in bank 1 and 2. The timeing and AFR checked out to be "fine".

Time to get to work on the headers...again
Unfortunately, they just pulled the codes, and said it was fine. That isn't the infomration you need. You need to datalog the AFR, fuel trims, and timing curve while you are driving. If you don't have access to a scan tool that will datalog, you can buy one from here, and connect it to a laptop. It includes software with quite a few neat features.
Old 07-09-08, 08:50 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Toptier
thats weird that you are having all these issues with the headers and sim. I still haven't had any with mine and I have been driving my car daily for the past 3 weeks. I have over 2k miles on them now.
The sim 100% will not cause any misfires (if installed correctly of course), the header way cause a misfire if it makes the car run lean, but Eriks car is running much much richer than yours and it would be a "lean misfire" code not just misfire (unless it groups it as one). Also the problem developed over a month of having the header on the car, a misfire issue would develop rigth away if the sim or header where the cause. I suggest putting the car back to stock, let Lexus fix it and drive it stock for a while.

Last edited by mazzuri; 07-09-08 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-09-08, 11:19 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

I suggest putting the car back to stock, let Lexus fix it and drive it stock for a while.
That exactly what I'm doing. Its at the dealer right now. I hope they find the issue this time.

When I limped back to my house yesterday, I reset the ECU again and had the sim out. I drove it on the interstate for a few miles and the misfires came back. So the sim definitly wasnt causing the misfires.

My car ran great the first month or so with the headers (the first time) then one day, boom misfire. This time around it made it a day and a few miles. So I dont think the headers are causing the problem. I just think they are helping exposing a fault in my car that only shows up when the restrictions are taken away from the engine.

When I drove it to the dealership today the car ran perfectly again.

Doing all that work last night sucked! I had to go to Walmart at 2 in the morning to get a replacment O ring for the dip stick. When I got back to my house I relized I lock my self out! I had to wake up a friend to get the number of a house keeper we both use, then call her, she then meet me at a gas station with my house key (I need to leave her a nice tip next time). So I finally finished the car at 4am. GOOD TIMES!

If hear anything that will help, I will let you all know.
Old 07-09-08, 02:00 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Unfortunately, they just pulled the codes, and said it was fine. That isn't the infomration you need. You need to datalog the AFR, fuel trims, and timing curve while you are driving. If you don't have access to a scan tool that will datalog, you can buy one from here, and connect it to a laptop. It includes software with quite a few neat features.
You gave away your secret.... Nice. I see how your correcting A/F ratios now. I might pick one of these up. How did you find out what the Node address were for the O2? Edit: I see ( helps to read more ) Didn't know something like this was on the market,but didn't think to look

Last edited by HKS350; 07-09-08 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-09-08, 02:27 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

When the ecm logs a random misfire, dosnt the ecm take a snapshot of what was going on when the car misfired? I ask this because I work on natural gas/diesel engines and our ecm's take a snapshot of the ecm whenever there is a f/c logged.
Old 07-09-08, 02:51 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 07IS350
When the ecm logs a random misfire, dosnt the ecm take a snapshot of what was going on when the car misfired? I ask this because I work on natural gas/diesel engines and our ecm's take a snapshot of the ecm whenever there is a f/c logged.
Yeah it does, But you'd have to take it to lexus for the scan. That would mean possiblty of voided warranty. Might call and talk to the Tech Foreman tho and let him in on your project, see how he responds. I know my local lexus dealer gives me freebe scans like this because I've been @ enough and the shop foreman knows me by name. Try to make a new friend

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers