Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 07:51 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the sound damn it! LOL
Old 07-11-08, 05:04 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it to another dealership
Old 07-11-08, 10:39 PM
yummy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erikbaker
What other mods do you have on your car, intake, exhaust, or stock?
the mods that i have on my car is K&N intake and tanabe exhaust and the headers
Old 07-12-08, 08:02 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Erik, I have an idea...

What year is your IS? Mine is an '06. I got it pretty much right after it came out. If the reason it is not working out for you is because of the ECU changes mazzuri is claiming, we can test them out on my car. Obviously if we do this we would have to install them and I'd have to keep them for about a week until we can remove them and I can give them back to. I can understand if you would not wanna do this... it is a risky thing to do, but I'm open to it if you are.
Old 07-12-08, 12:03 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

I might be fine with doing that; I thought you had the headers on your car too? What other MODs do you have?
Old 07-12-08, 02:50 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Nope. I have the 2.5" full exhaust with x-pipe with the 2 rear cats removed. We'd have to set-up a time thats good for the both of us.
Old 07-12-08, 06:51 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by car_lost
Erik, I have an idea...

What year is your IS? Mine is an '06. I got it pretty much right after it came out. If the reason it is not working out for you is because of the ECU changes mazzuri is claiming, we can test them out on my car. Obviously if we do this we would have to install them and I'd have to keep them for about a week until we can remove them and I can give them back to. I can understand if you would not wanna do this... it is a risky thing to do, but I'm open to it if you are.
I never claimed that the problems Erik is having are because of the ECU changes.
Old 07-12-08, 09:49 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mazzuri
I never claimed that the problems Erik is having are because of the ECU changes.
No no no, I'm not saying you did. But if his car is say an '08, we can test that theory out. The more testing we can do the better. That way we can find a solution to Erik's problem. If we can get this rolling, there is a good chance I can get some readings using and OBDII scan tool, which something that has yet been done.
Old 07-12-08, 10:32 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
No no no, I'm not saying you did. But if his car is say an '08, we can test that theory out. The more testing we can do the better. That way we can find a solution to Erik's problem. If we can get this rolling, there is a good chance I can get some readings using and OBDII scan tool, which something that has yet been done.
his car is an 07, it's in his sig.
Old 07-13-08, 06:52 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
his car is an 07, it's in his sig.
does it matter? 06's are the ones with out any issues right? the 07's and 08's have a different ecu
Old 07-13-08, 08:02 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

i have an 06 and am going to, at some point, buy these headers. i'd just really like to see the issues worked out regardless, and maybe the fuel maps
Old 07-13-08, 08:40 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

does it matter? 06's are the ones with out any issues right? the 07's and 08's have a different ecu
Exactly, thats why I say I might be willing to do this.

I found out yesterday that I have been asigned to a task force to assist a sister property for my company. I will now have a 45+ min drive each way (unless I stay in the room provided). So with this added milage (I used to drive 3 miles each way). I'm going to test out my theory of slowly moding the car. I'm going to start with the filter and joe-Z intake. Then after some miles I will put the headers on and re-install the stock intake componants. I hope this works...

We'd have to set-up a time thats good for the both of us.
Car lost, I will be working on Sanibel Island for at least the next month. Just find a time to meet me close to there, and we can fiquire out the install. I think you and I had a discusion before about testing your exhaust on my car, with the headers. So thats why I would let you test the headers. Not because I think you will solve my issues with misfires. Combfilter's car would'nt except the headers, so we dont have any results from a car with no cats yet.

I will let you borrow the headers for about a month, by then I will be ready to try out my theory on my car so I will need them back. P.M. me for more detail's
Old 07-13-08, 03:41 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly, thats why I say I might be willing to do this.

I found out yesterday that I have been asigned to a task force to assist a sister property for my company. I will now have a 45+ min drive each way (unless I stay in the room provided). So with this added milage (I used to drive 3 miles each way). I'm going to test out my theory of slowly moding the car. I'm going to start with the filter and joe-Z intake. Then after some miles I will put the headers on and re-install the stock intake componants. I hope this works...

Car lost, I will be working on Sanibel Island for at least the next month. Just find a time to meet me close to there, and we can fiquire out the install. I think you and I had a discusion before about testing your exhaust on my car, with the headers. So thats why I would let you test the headers. Not because I think you will solve my issues with misfires. Combfilter's car would'nt except the headers, so we dont have any results from a car with no cats yet.

I will let you borrow the headers for about a month, by then I will be ready to try out my theory on my car so I will need them back. P.M. me for more detail's
Yeah man, with all your problems I would drive a un-modded car for at least a month. No intake, not exhaust, no headers, just straight up stock.
Old 07-14-08, 12:25 PM
T-Love
Driver School Candidate

. What other mods do you have on your car, intake, exhaust, or stock?
Hey Eric, sorry about your issues. You know me I only have the headers on and still have the cel. Headers hopefully coming off this weekend.
Old 07-14-08, 12:30 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Headers hopefully coming off this weekend.
Sorry to hear that you still having that problem, I thought it was fixed by now.

Are the headers coming off for or good, or are you still trouble shooting that CEL? What is the code that is being thrown?

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers