Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 07:13 AM
T-Love
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erikbaker
Sorry to hear that you still having that problem, I thought it was fixed by now.

Are the headers coming off for or good, or are you still trouble shooting that CEL? What is the code that is being thrown?
The code I'm getting is still bank one sensor one. I'm going to go back to stock then take it to the dealership if it's still trowing a code. (They know about my mods) and see if I can get it fixed. It will probably be coming off for good though cause I'm trading in on a new FX35 they are looking for the model I want right now. Just depends on if they give my what I want for the Lexus.
Old 07-19-08, 10:46 PM
350forMe
Rookie

Bump for an update:

So what was the final update on the v2 headers? Are they being scrapped and is the v1 all the potential we can get out of "headers?"

The v1 headers from what i remember, correct me if im wrong, but produced 30ft torque and about 20 hp? that is still very impressive numbers for the v1 headers. Let me know if anyone has any updates on Mazzuri headers. thanks fellas
Old 07-20-08, 07:10 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350forMe
Bump for an update:

So what was the final update on the v2 headers? Are they being scrapped and is the v1 all the potential we can get out of "headers?"

The v1 headers from what i remember, correct me if im wrong, but produced 30ft torque and about 20 hp? that is still very impressive numbers for the v1 headers. Let me know if anyone has any updates on Mazzuri headers. thanks fellas
yes those gains were produced with the is250.. the is350 however shows very low gains..
Old 07-20-08, 01:29 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
yes those gains were produced with the is250.. the is350 however shows very low gains..
So whats the gains for the IS350 so far??
Old 07-20-08, 02:30 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Latest Update

It has taken us a while to get the latest update but here it is.

The two items me and Troy (combfilter) were concerned about were the MAF meter output increase and the engine's ignition timing.

The cars compared were both our cars. We found a road in Mexico ( ) with no traffic and did a few pulls to about 90 MPH. The data was scanned with the Lexus Techstream and then graphed.

Stats on both cars:
I have an 08 IS350 with the only power upgrade is a Lexus HKS exhuast. I've dynoed the car at ATSracing in Denton,TX and the vehicle did 270,269 and 271 peak RWHP on three runs on their Dynojet at the DFWsupra may meet.

Troy's car has the JoeZ intake tube with a removed charcoal filter and a free flowing filter. The throttle body gasket has had the screen deleted also. The exhaust is a Borla offroad and the vehicle dynoed 280 peak RWHP before the headers were installed. After the headers the vehicle did 276.

My car peaked the MAF meter at 215.76 gm/sec and his did 217.34 gm/sec. Just to give you guys an idea of what these numbers mean, at idle both cars did ~3.5 gm/sec in park and ~6 gm/sec in drive. So ~2 gm/sec is almost insignificant as though it were to compare a spit in the ocean.

Also both cars did 28 deg of ignition timing advance. So the engine ecu wasn't holding any power from the header install.

The 250 and 350's exhaust systems are virtually identical so the power gains in the 250 with the header install got me scratching my head. Obviously something else is the restriction on the 350 and it is either the intake manifold or the head/cams. And both of which haven't had an aftermarket performance offering yet on the market and are different on both the 250 and 350.

Here are the graphs for my IS350 and Troy's IS350
Old 07-20-08, 03:03 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update, but didn't you datalog the AFR before and after the headers?
Old 07-20-08, 03:25 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carchitect

Troy's car has the JoeZ intake tube with a removed charcoal filter and a free flowing filter. The throttle body gasket has had the screen deleted also. The exhaust is a Borla offroad and the vehicle dynoed 280 peak RWHP before the headers were installed. After the headers the vehicle did 276.
Thanks for the update. I was talking with Troy about this This just proves in other posts that these Intakes (regardless of brand and cost) and Exhaust (regardless of brand) do NOTHING but sound for our car!

What has surprised me reading this thread and keeping up with the many posts I would have thought this was the ticket to get some positive gains on the 350. I hope that you guys can figure this out and take it to the next leve.

Thanks again for sharing
Mike
Old 07-20-08, 03:32 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

reading != reading comprehension, obviously exhaust upgrades are not just for sound as the borla and joe-z systems both make at least decent rwhp gains.
Old 07-20-08, 07:48 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gernby
Thanks for the update, but didn't you datalog the AFR before and after the headers?
We have them in our datalog. I'll look into it and post the results once I get back to work on Tuesday.
Old 07-20-08, 07:54 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
Thanks for the update. I was talking with Troy about this This just proves in other posts that these Intakes (regardless of brand and cost) and Exhaust (regardless of brand) do NOTHING but sound for our car!

What has surprised me reading this thread and keeping up with the many posts I would have thought this was the ticket to get some positive gains on the 350. I hope that you guys can figure this out and take it to the next leve.

Thanks again for sharing
Mike
I was really expecting some gains from the IS350 but I think the engine is already functioning at its peak unless we start to tweak the ECU.

I don't think there is any gains with the intake at all. I'd like to try out the F-sport intake one of the days I'll goto the dyno at ATSracing again. Since I know them at a personal level I'm sure they wouldn't mind me swapping out the stuff on the dyno and making another pull. This way we can see for sure where the gain will be. I was planning on making a stock air box pull. Then swapping the aluminum pipe in and making another pull. Then installing the entire F-sport kit and making a third pull.

The exhaust may make a little gain but nothing like what our Supras make. Unfortunately we don't have forced induction so there isn't a pulley upgrade or waste line bleed mod for us to get away with.
Old 07-21-08, 09:29 AM
dmccoach
Driver School Candidate

250 Mazzuri's for sale: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=368557
Old 07-21-08, 02:09 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

I was really expecting some gains from the IS350 but I think the engine is already functioning at its peak unless we start to tweak the ECU.
The 350 did make significant gains. I gained 39 WTQ and 7WHP (search this forum for the dyno sheet, Mazzuri posted it). I realy miss having them on my car. I have somone coming over tonight to possible purchase my IS350 Mazzuri headers. If he does, we will be dynoing it in the near future.
Old 07-21-08, 03:24 PM
350forMe
Rookie

The 350 did make significant gains. I gained 39 WTQ and 7WHP (search this forum for the dyno sheet, Mazzuri posted it). I realy miss having them on my car. I have somone coming over tonight to possible purchase my IS350 Mazzuri headers. If he does, we will be dynoing it in the near future.
this is the version 1 headers right?
Old 07-21-08, 08:05 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

this is the version 1 headers right
?

Yep, I bought them during the first group buy. They will be installed on a 2008 model on Monday.
Old 07-22-08, 08:23 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

?

Yep, I bought them during the first group buy. They will be installed on a 2008 model on Monday.
Monday as in yesterday?

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers