Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 09:51 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
I doubt for good reason in this case. Joe's summary was informative, but mentioned nothing about air / fuel ratios. The only bit of info we've gotten about it has been you saying they were the same, which would be a very strange result.
well I don't know what else to tell you other than that's my word and joes word. It's not like we didn't check everything before removing them. It's not like it's fun to put on and pull off those headers. Joe knows what he is doing probably more than anyone on this forum, so I trust him and his comments . You can take our word for it, or have daniel send you down the v2 headers and o2 sim I returned . You have an 06 so who knows, maybe you will see results that we didn't? You do have an IS that seems to be pretty dang fast, so look at your maf readings and look at mine and look and see if there is a difference. right now and compare

We ran before and after with my car. Joe has the before ones, and said they are the same. We ran joes car and mine after the headers, and you saw those results.

There was no change on my car before or after other than maybe 4hp loss (with the headers on) which could be anything. Everything else was the same. You notice I had always said that I couldn't feel a difference? I did say I was chirping 2nd gears, but I now know that is because I was rolling on my stock 18's and they are all wore down from my track use. The stock 18's chirp right now with the stock manifold back on so that tells you what is going on there.

We went through everything we could to get the o2 sim to work, but as daniel and joe both said there are some differences in the ecu's of some of the years of this car. We confirmed the wiring with daniel and he even confirmed it with his people.

Joe did say that he does not in any way shape or form, think that the CEL is limiting the engine from anything.

Hope this helps yall out.

I still say that if the CA people reading this thread are interested in all, they should let Daniel borrow their car for a few days. Doing this long distance is rather tough. Thanks again to Joe/Daniel and Erikbaker for their information and help.
Old 08-13-08, 01:13 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not like it's fun to put on and pull off those headers
Realy? I loved it soooo much I did it like 4 or 5 times...

Thanks again to Joe/Daniel and Erikbaker for their information and help.
Your welcome, good luck with that WRX STI, if you get it. For any of you near SW FL (with an 06, or maybe 08, we dont know about those yet) I am trying to sell my set of V1 headers with the sim. I would help install them if you need it. I know the V1 set had some nice gains, so...
Old 08-13-08, 02:19 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want these so bad. And I'm local...
Old 08-13-08, 03:39 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
^^what year is your car? As you know already 06s are fine with the SIM.
my car is an 07'. the headers and the sim is working just fine

Last edited by rli2bcz; 08-13-08 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-14-08, 01:46 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSuxeL
^^what year is your car? As you know already 06s are fine with the SIM.

my car is an 07'. the headers and the sim is working just fine
Not all the 07 350's are having trouble. Is your a 350 or a 250?
Old 08-14-08, 01:53 PM
erikbaker
Rookie

Not all the 07 350's are having trouble. Is your a 350 or a 250?

Never mind, I see yours is an early 07 350 model. Glad to see one doing well... Have fun with it. Are you going to take it to a track to see what it will do?

Last edited by erikbaker; 08-14-08 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-14-08, 09:47 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

im planning to go to streets of willow soon with a cuzin. its really up to him when he finishes up his evo x. and he's a welder so waiting for him to make my custom true dual exhaust with my tanabe.

Last edited by rli2bcz; 08-14-08 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-01-08, 12:04 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

sooooo it seems this is a dead project. such a shame too
Old 09-01-08, 03:06 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if its dead. Works great for the 250's. I think all the discussion on it has moved over to my.is
Old 09-01-08, 03:13 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish someone would install the 250 headers on a 350 just for testing it out. If the stock headers work well on both you never know ( i know it doesnt make much sense, but so does the fact that nothing else is working out for the 350)
Old 09-02-08, 03:37 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

It would take a while to find it in this long thread, but I recall the V1 headers for the 350 having totally acceptable gains. The reason for the V2 headers (as I remember it) was to get a bit more peak HP without losing too much mid-range power. Did I just dream this? Wasn't there a very significant boost in torque in the mid RPM range?
Old 09-02-08, 04:50 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking back a bit Toptier posted two dynos, one right after install, one a few hundred miles later... they are at:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=413

and

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=490

respectively.

Peak gains were virtually non-existant at -1/0.5 hp/tq the first time and 3/5.4 the second time.

There was also some debate as to at what rpm the graphs could be considered reliable due to the auto trans and all...

The biggest gains are all to the left of 4200-4300 rpms

Mazzuris theory initially was the car wasn't getting enough fuel with his header on it, but a few folks (including you) insisted that didn't make sense as the stock ECU was more than capable of supplying plenty more fuel than the car needed at the testers altitude.

Anyway, that gives you the cliff notes and the post numbers where this was happening if you want to review it.
Old 09-02-08, 10:36 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

U know what im starting think? Just like the Intake, The OEMM headers were designed for the 350 and were designed well with HP in mind. Then they just put those headers on ever other 2nd gen IS.

Last edited by ndk83; 09-03-08 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-02-08, 11:27 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ndk83
U know what im starting think? Just like the Intake, The headers were designed for the 350 and were designed well with HP in mind. Then they just put those headers on ever other 2nd gen IS.
actually the headers were originally designed for the IS250 rwd and they work great. Other variations were adopted because of demand.
Old 09-03-08, 06:57 AM
erikbaker
Rookie

When I was running the headers on my 07,350 I gained something like 7 hp and 35+ wtq. The dynos are some where in this long thread. I removed them because I started having misfires. After removing the headers my car has ran perfectly. I am not sure why I showed the most gain out of 350's then started having the misfire. Maybe my ECU rejected the headers after a while, and started running too lean. On my dyno charts the AFR looked good. But, I obviously wasnt misfireing at the time of the dyno. I can say, I felt a difference with the headers. I installed the headers and uninstalled them three times. The first time I didnt notice an increase, I think it just took the car some time to get used to the headers. The other times I felt the increase right away.

I am currently interested in installing my headers onto another 350. I just need someone to commit to it. I have been in PM's with someone on this thread. I hope to eventualy install them on his car.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers