Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mazzuri super headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 06:22 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
and thats why axel back exhausts make about 2 hp and cat backs w/ 2nd cat removed make much more? you can't tell me its just the piping and better resonators...
No. That's why axle-backs make about 5, and full exhausts with X-pipes and better resonators make about 10.
Old 02-01-08, 06:25 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
That's not right either. I would be surprised if the primary cats cost more than 5 HP. Removing the secondary cats only gains about 2 hp.
Thats because most of the restriction is the primary cats. The first 18" of the exhaust is where everything is spent in pulses. placing a cat here is going to create major restriction. The benefit is increased convertor warmup.

IMO, if you could take the main cats and create a bypass valve around the assembly after about 15min of drive time you will pass emissions on the secondary cats alone. The front and rear cats help reduce the cold start and warmup emission.

I agree that a dyno test before and after should help conclude the results. I would like to see the entire graph overlayed before and after.

-Joe
Old 02-01-08, 09:19 AM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Daniel,

I'm sorry, buy your logic is not correct.
Research my extensive Intake Dyno Testing on both the IS250 & IS350.

As I prospective buyer of a Performance part for my IS350, its common sense that a Dyno should have been performed on the IS350. Not to mention that R&D, fitment testing, and at least a few weeks of driving with the headers, should have been done on both models.

I am not trying to give you a hard time.. I am just trying to give you some free helpful guidance here....

Joe Z
I don't make intakes, so I can't say anything there, but when it comes to making a header at this point I can make one blind.

A good example I can give you is Burns Stainless, you give them your motor specs and they give you some numbers, follow those numbers and you will have a header that will make great power. I have my own formulas that I use and have used it to make a header for the RX8, **** load of Hondas, is300, IS250, many turbo cars and have always made a lot more power.

As for R&D I spend 6 months on it, I even bought a 250 for it. Everything between the 350 and the 250 is exactly the same as far as headers and fitment goes, I verified this.

With all that said, I could have spit out some BS 350 numbers had a graph made, would that have made you feel more "safe". The bottom line is, the headers will not make less than what the 250 made, and that much power from a header is a huge addition to any car.
Old 02-01-08, 11:22 AM
mikeh555
Pole Position

im down man where do i sign ?.....
Old 02-01-08, 11:41 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by mazzuri
The bottom line is, the headers will not make less than what the 250 made
Unless the headers from the 350 are free-er flowing than those from the 250.......

Anyone know if they use the same header. Carson's site has each car's manifold listed individually, but doesn't give the part numbers to know if they're the same or not.
Old 02-01-08, 03:32 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Unless the headers from the 350 are free-er flowing than those from the 250.......

Anyone know if they use the same header. Carson's site has each car's manifold listed individually, but doesn't give the part numbers to know if they're the same or not.
All 3 models share the same exact part number for the headers.
Old 02-01-08, 03:34 PM
350nub
Pole Position

so how much is the header going for?
Old 02-01-08, 06:32 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

since the headers where suppposed to go on sale today.. why arent they up yet on the website?
Old 02-01-08, 08:10 PM
kacerr264
Driver School Candidate

All 3 models share the same exact part number for the headers.
So are you saying these headers are going to work on the AWD?
Old 02-01-08, 09:16 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
since the headers where suppposed to go on sale today.. why arent they up yet on the website?
I still havn't gotten around the CEl.

And as far as them fitting the AWD I don't know. I am not offering them for that model just yet.
Old 02-01-08, 09:45 PM
pocky
mooncake master

I think this has been mentioned. The Spark Plug Anti-foulers? We bought those for my friend's S2K, he has a J's Racing straight pipe. Got no CEL, cause supposedly what it does it brings the O2 Sensor further away from the exhaust.
Old 02-02-08, 05:03 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I still havn't gotten around the CEl.

And as far as them fitting the AWD I don't know. I am not offering them for that model just yet.
I would be extremely interested for AWD
Old 02-02-08, 03:54 PM
mazzuri
Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
I think this has been mentioned. The Spark Plug Anti-foulers? We bought those for my friend's S2K, he has a J's Racing straight pipe. Got no CEL, cause supposedly what it does it brings the O2 Sensor further away from the exhaust.
That is what I am useing now and the CEL comes on in about 5 miles. Without tham there is no CEL for about 100 miles.
Old 02-02-08, 05:06 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would be extremely interested for the AWD as well
Old 02-02-08, 05:13 PM
kacerr264
Driver School Candidate

I definitely want these for my AWD. I havent had the chance to take pics of the underside of the car inorder to see how the headers are positioned. Someone with an AWD take pics and post them, Daniel said if he had pics he might be able to tell if the headers are compatible with the AWD.

Quick Reply: mazzuri super headers