Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Does the JoeZ Tube Increase/Decrease Gas Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-08, 02:48 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I just got delivery of my JoeZ this week and I just listed the JoeZ along with a K&N AF in the classified section.Both never used.
Not only because of the posts I read here,I don't want the engine to be louder.A K&N and JoeZ will do just that.
The alleged 6HP gain of the JoeZ peaked my interest.Probably wouldn't feel it anyway.
The joeZ pipe, makes a tad (small small) amount more noise, than stock. But it is not so loud, that it bothers anyone that has put it on.

I have the K&N system on my car now, and this is MUCH MUCH more louder than the JOE-z system.

If i were you, i wouldn't worry about the A)Noise or )B gas mileage, because both are just about the same.

Just install it, and try it out, make sure you leave a gap in between the throttle body and the tube, so it doesn't rattle on you, when the engine vibrates.

Yes, you cant really feel a 5HP difference, but at least you know you are not loosing any power. FOR SURE!

I might even, re-install the joe-z pipe, just because I like the design more better than any after market intake.

-p
Old 02-24-08, 03:12 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thats it, im getting a Joe Z intake. soon.
Old 02-24-08, 08:08 AM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernby
That's not possible in the real world where the innevitable changes in weather conditions could easily make a more significant difference than the intake tube
i must say this is by far the most arguementative forum i have ever encountered! not once have i said something and not had the point argues...look i was simply replying to your question as to how one can prove if it increases or decreases gas mileage. not once did i sa whether it was, possilbe, impossible or even feasible. i realize that conduction the same EXACT test on a vehicle twice is rather unrealistic however under controlled circumstances with lots of preparation it can be done...impossilbe, NO, feasible for average joe to conduct, HELL NO!

that said why do so many people on here feel the need to be so arguementative? i thought thiswas supposed to be a helpful and welcoming community of 2IS owners and enthusiasts.
Old 02-24-08, 08:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

This is a discussion forum and not everyone will have the same perspective and background. Adding and questioning details is helpful in learning about pros and cons and myths and reality. As long as it's discussed in a civil and polite manner it's all good.

Having said that (and taking this thread further off topic myself), let's keep this thread on topic please and discuss the topic, not the discussion..

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-24-08 at 08:16 AM.