Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 11:53 AM
captainnem
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Tanabe Exhaust

If any of you have purchased an exhaust system from ShowstoppersUSA, how long did it take to receive your exhaust once it was shipped? Also, what carrier did it ship by? I was told mine would ship via TNT Trucking Services, and I have no idea who they are. Thanks!
Old 01-28-08, 07:00 PM
diablodude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about one of the forum sponsors
Old 01-28-08, 07:27 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diablodude
How about one of the forum sponsors
Yea im gonna agree. Go with one of the forum sponsors, Sewell is very highly recomended.
Old 01-28-08, 07:49 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it took 1 week exactly to recieve my tanabe exhaust, cali to florida! but my car is in the shop so i havent had the chance to get it on...

pretty quick shipping and great customer service. they use the carrier TNT.com never heard of them before, but they left it at my door. i had to call in for the tracking number.

Last edited by fluxx; 01-28-08 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-28-08, 07:56 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

I would like to know too. Plan on ordering mine from there too.Since its the lowest price on the net. I know some other members got it form there too. i think asiangirlo....something. how long has your wait been ? I was going to order mine next week
Old 01-29-08, 09:31 AM
captainnem
Driver

Well come to find out it has been sitting in my apartment office since Friday.

So it took a week from the time I ordered it. But yeah, I didn't get a tracking number. But since my product was delivered in a timely fashion, I would recommend using them, since they are the cheapest. Thanks for everyone's responses.
Old 01-29-08, 12:32 PM
TonySwank
Driver School Candidate

Three days to get it to Texas. I was impressed.
Old 01-29-08, 12:59 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

swt. getting mine next week, cant wait
Old 01-29-08, 02:21 PM
captainnem
Driver

Talking

Just installed that bad boy today. It's super easy and it looks and sounds awesome. I used to have a BMW M3, so I missed the throaty exhaust note, but now it's back!

I didn't have a jack other than the one for tire changing, so I bought some jack stands and jacked up each side one at a time. The only tool I needed was a 14mm socket. I bought a decent sized 1/2" socket wrench so I could get a lot of torque to loosen the bolts on the stock exhaust. The part of the exhaust that attaches to the stock mid-pipe uses the stock bolts. Also WD-40 is awesome for taking the stock exhaust off those rubber brackets. As you know the exhaust comes in two pieces. The bolts to secure the two pieces also use the 14mm socket. I used a pair of needle-nose pliars to hold the bolt in place while I tightened the nut on this part.

It is probably a good 10-15lbs lighter than stock from my guess; not bad for something pure stainless steel. I didn't know what to do with the old exhaust since I was at a friend's house and didn't want to put it in my car (wouldn't fit), so it's propping up the garbage dumpster door quite nicely .

Last edited by captainnem; 01-29-08 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-29-08, 02:50 PM
Kosoku4lfe
Rookie

my friend owns that shop. They are very reliable so don't hesitate.
Old 01-30-08, 08:11 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get it from whomever has it the cheapest
Old 01-31-08, 05:47 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered from them and it took like 5 days. I also did not get a tracking number until I requested it from them. By that time it was being delivered. To my dismay, it came DHL, but on their website, under terms and conditions, it explicitly stated they ship UPS. I always verify shipping courier before I purchase (with a passion, I hate DHL). I mention this because people, my household included, in my neighborhood have had issues with DHL. Needless to say, DHL messed up (they delivered it to a near by mall, Macy's to be exact IIRC), again, and I had to drive 35 mins to the DHL warehouse it shipped from to pick it up myself... I was unhappy with this, first because I was expecting UPS per the site and no tracking number was given. When I called after this happened, they said they choose the courier based on who the feel will deliver the fastest... Best price around and I would consider buying from them again, but specify the shipping method.
Old 01-31-08, 08:18 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I ordered my Tanabe from them. It took about 1 week to get from California to South Florida. Mine arrived here via DHL. They definitely have good pricing. I wasn't able to find it anywhere cheaper than what they are selling it for. I never got a tracking number from them. I emailed them a couple of times, but never got a reply from them.
Old 01-31-08, 09:27 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

got mine from www.kpmotoring.com delivered UPS took like 2 ~3 days...
Old 02-01-08, 06:26 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by captainnem
It is probably a good 10-15lbs lighter than stock from my guess; not bad for something pure stainless steel.
The Tanabe is 12lbs lighter than the stock piece.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Exhaust