Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone with an aristo motor or just know about them in general....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 04:43 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with an aristo motor or just know about them in general....

Ok a friend of mine has this niice 02 pearl white GS300 sitting on some gold multispoke blitz wheels with tein SS suspension and a greddy lip.

car has 110k miles and I WANT IT!! I never seen a GS droped with some sexy *** gold wheels like that. Its so simple yet so elegant and clean!!! he said he will sell the car to me and we can work something out with everything on there.

I mean i would eventually want to swap the motor out. I like the sound of a TT GS!! i want to do an aristo swap! i know theres alot of threads on this but i couldnt find a direct answer. I know if i was to get an aristo motor get 93-97. And i also know the usdm 2jz is rated at 320 and if you raise the boost with a few simple upgrades it can give out 500 to the wheel. Now i want to know is how much Hp can the jspec motor put out i know its rated at 280 but just like the usdm can be raised as high as 500 how much can the jspec be raised too?

sorry for alot of noob questions.

And is there any other suggestions or tips you guys would like to give me. I mean im not trying to build a monster GS, just something around 320-370 hp.Something for practical driving! I guess what im trying to ask is can i achieve that kind of power from the jspec motor without switching over parts to usdm???

if not what other parts would i need besides all the usdm parts? LSD? intercooler?exhaust? turbo timer?
Im not to familiar with what i need and what i dont need so someone please inform me!

thanks for all the info in advance!
Old 02-06-08, 06:21 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

You have pm...
Old 02-06-08, 07:50 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The jspec motor has different cams, different turbo's and different injectors than the Us version. Those are the main differences. The cams and the injectors are going to be the most limiting factor if your retaining stock turbos. The Jdm turbos don't like high boost quite as much as Usdm turbos due to the ceramic wheels but you *should* be able to hit between 320-370hp with boost controller, exhaust, downpipe and intake. As far as the intercooler goes you are going to need a custom setup done unless you can source the intercooler parts for the 98+ Aristo TT from japan which would more or less bolt up. A custom setup would be more efficient and probably cost less though, as well as having a nice front mount intercooler sitting behind your grill
If you are going to do the swap plan on spending at least $5k-$7k to have it done with parts etc...

On another note, you mention getting the 93-97 motor, you can make that work but you would be better off with the 98+ motor as it is what is "designed" for that chassis and has newer technology, vvti etc...it can be tuned just as well as the earlier motor using an Hks Fcon Vpro if you ever decide to go with standalone fuel managment. In most cases it will make just as much on top with more bottom end power than the 93-97 motor as the V-pro controls Vvti. If you have time, do a search on the web and compare the dyno graphs of a 93-97 aristo with the 98+ aristo and you will see quite a difference in bottom end power even on a stock motor.

Last edited by macd7919; 02-06-08 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-06-08, 07:58 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by macd7919
The jspec motor has different cams, different turbo's and different injectors than the Us version. Those are the main differences. The cams and the injectors are going to be the most limiting factor if your retaining stock turbos. The Jdm turbos don't like high boost quite as much as Usdm turbos due to the ceramic wheels but you *should* be able to hit between 320-370hp with boost controller, exhaust, downpipe and intake. As far as the intercooler goes you are going to need a custom setup done unless you can source the intercooler parts for the 98+ Aristo TT from japan which would more or less bolt up. A custom setup would be more efficient and probably cost less though, as well as having a nice front mount intercooler sitting behind your grill
If you are going to do the swap plan on spending at least $5k-$7k to have it done with parts etc...

On another note, you mention getting the 93-97 motor, you can make that work but you would be better off with the 98+ motor as it is what is "designed" for that chassis and has newer technology, vvti etc...it can be tuned just as well as the earlier motor using an Hks Fcon Vpro if you ever decide to go with standalone fuel managment. In most cases it will make just as much on top with more bottom end power than the 93-97 motor as the V-pro controls Vvti. If you have time, do a search on the web and compare the dyno graphs of a 93-97 aristo with the 98+ aristo and you will see quite a difference in bottom end power even on a stock motor.
thanks for the info man!!!! i feeel very enlightened now!!

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
You have pm...
consider yourself sir PMed back!!
Old 02-06-08, 10:38 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Check here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=333504
Old 02-07-08, 05:02 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

^^^^^ wanna selll your GS Lol nevermind Im sure your GS is worth alota $$$ with the swap!!! nice ride non the lesss. i checked your project GS site out. the car my friend wants to sell me look EXACTLY like the ones in our pix just drop a lil lower with a spoiler and greddy lip. i love the blitz wheels !!

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

Last edited by handoverfi; 02-07-08 at 07:15 AM.