Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OFFICIAL: Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust 2006-2008 Lexus IS250/IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-08, 06:57 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible for you guys to make this system in 3 piece rather than 2 pieces? I'd like to make a custom dual exhaust setup in the future based on your Touring Medallion mufflers.

-Joe
Old 02-10-08, 07:05 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm having problems keeping them clean. I live in the northeast and you could ask my neighbors i clean my car as much as i need to, to keep it clean every week....

anything you could recommend to clean it?

i bought mothers cleaning kit but this winter seems to have taken it's toll on my exhaust's finish...

taking it off buffing it whatever it takes, what would you recommend?
Old 02-10-08, 07:39 PM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've listened to the sound clips posted on tanabe's website but as usual dont really feel like they make a good representation of the sound of the exhaust...to those of you who have this system, what are your opinions of in-cabin noise and resonation?

I know this is a question i have posted on other threads but i really want to get as many opinions as i can before i make the wrong purchase. mind you my apprehension is the result of multiple bad experiences with exhaust and in-cabin resonation both on my 1st lexus ('01 is30) and on my last car ('02 audi S6).

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-10-08, 07:48 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Of all the exhaust systems I've heard on the IS350 this is the quietest and best looking system I've seen. The next quietest is the OEM Lexus HKS exhuast. The loudest is the HKS hi-power system.
Old 02-11-08, 10:19 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Batmobile
i'm having problems keeping them clean. I live in the northeast and you could ask my neighbors i clean my car as much as i need to, to keep it clean every week....

anything you could recommend to clean it?

i bought mothers cleaning kit but this winter seems to have taken it's toll on my exhaust's finish...

taking it off buffing it whatever it takes, what would you recommend?
Personally i use something called Flitz polish. Its really strong and gentle at the same time. The reason why i say this is because i ran over a can of spray paint and it was all over the side of my car. After two days of figuring out what to use, this stuff took it right off. I purchased it at a trade show because the guy polished the bottom of a coke can and it was chrome. That's what sold me. I'm sure if you just maintain the exhaust and polish it on a regular basis it will be fine.
Old 02-11-08, 10:21 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carchitect
Is it possible for you guys to make this system in 3 piece rather than 2 pieces? I'd like to make a custom dual exhaust setup in the future based on your Touring Medallion mufflers.

-Joe
We currently do not have plans to change the design of the exhaust at this time.
Old 02-11-08, 01:53 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Power increase or just "all show and no go" ?
Old 02-12-08, 08:58 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

The only thing I find the exhaust tips sits a tad to low. 1/2 an inch higher would be perfect. Last summer I backed up in my friends entrance that has a small incline. Well I scratched the bottom of both tips. #%&@! I have been there numerous time before with the stock mufflers/tip and never was a problem.
Old 02-12-08, 10:12 PM
rhunt1
Driver School Candidate

Scraped mine too, but I'm lowered on Eibach's. Also one of my outlets is bent/crooked since new. I have run pretty dead even with Evo, STi, and SRT-8. Is there a chip/ECU available for this car?

'06 IS350, SGM, Luxury Pkg, Fujita Short Ram, Tanabe Exhaust, Eibach Springs, 275/19 rear, 235/19 front, color matched wheels (SGM), bulbs, tint...
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL: Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust 2006-2008 Lexus IS250/IS350-img_6043.jpg  

Last edited by rhunt1; 02-12-08 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-15-08, 11:04 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
[CENTER]

Available for both RWD and AWD. Check your ClubLexus vendor for price and availability.

Looks great. My question would be, what is the Db diff'ce between stock and this system - across the RPM range. I'd like to get an aftermarket exhaust, but I'm not into anything that is just a smiggen above stock - if there is such a system to begin with.
Old 02-15-08, 03:22 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MLevinson
Looks great. My question would be, what is the Db diff'ce between stock and this system - across the RPM range. I'd like to get an aftermarket exhaust, but I'm not into anything that is just a smiggen above stock - if there is such a system to begin with.
You are definitely going to know that you have an aftermarket exhaust on your car, but it wont be anything annoyingly loud. As far as stock db we don't have data. Our Medalion Touring Exhausts Systems are all under 93db but still noticeable.
Old 02-15-08, 03:36 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, i'll be running the tanabe medallion just as soon as i can scrape up some cash

To answer the question about one end hanging lower, usually drivers side, that PROBALLY has more to do with chassis flex on cars with high torque. You dont see fwd cars with this but you do see alot of v-8/v-6 rwd cars that have this. Another possibility, if you usally drive by yourself the car will tend to sag on the drivers side. I really dont see it as a manufacturing defect of the aftermarket exhaust comapanies, OF COURSE theres always an exception since parts are mass produced so the chance of getting the 1 defect out of 1000 is there. Theres also the chance of distortion durring the install... im sure im just skimming the surface as to 'why'...
Old 02-15-08, 07:18 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

Thanks llamaboiz for the response to my question...yeah right now i am stuck between this exhaust and greddy..when doing my research i was reading about how ppl had to use tie straps to even it out. That seemed really weird to me. So I was hoping I get an official response from the vendor.
Old 02-15-08, 08:01 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No that is NOT true. I used to own a 2002 Acura TL-S. Which was a V6 FWD car. The exhaust was not even. Factory or aftermarket. BUT, not ALL cars were like this. Some owners had perfect hanging exhausts, while others was uneven.

It is NOT chassis flex, but rather the way the y-pipe is designed. The weights are not distributed evenly between the two mufflers, and you'll notice one muffler usually has a longer pipe that connects to the Y pipe. Because the exhaust pipe is offset to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Old 02-15-08, 08:30 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

bought it last mon. Putting it on tomorrow

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust 2006-2008 Lexus IS250/IS350