Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Bullet (Australia) Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 02:41 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

whooot! the FI market is growing for the GS!
Old 03-03-08, 04:49 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
whooot! the FI market is growing for the GS!
I hope it continues. Subscribed
Old 03-11-08, 12:11 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I noticed this now posted on the website...

"Units are available right now for the Chrysler Hemi and Viper family of vehicles. Models for General Motors, LS family, Ford’s new Modular and Toyota – Lexus vvTi series, with other makes being released in the very near future."
Old 03-22-08, 04:21 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent a messag to the I-Charger company to get more info. and here what they said-

I would like to get more information that you have on the Charger kit that you offer for the Toyota-Lexus VVTi V8 (4.0L ,4.3L,4.5L and 4.7L) engine. What is included in the kit and what options are are available. What is the price of the kit? Thank you for your time.

-I-Charger Reply-
" Thanks for your inquiry.
The kit comes complete ready for install, options are water to air intercooler, boost and engine upgrades.
Prices will also be posted shortly.

Kind Regards
Scott"

My second email-

"Scott,
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any pictures that you can release or more technical information, like HP/torque increase, standard boost level?
Will the Toyota's be an Inverted, In valley or In line series design? Will it be sold out of the US or Australia
Thanks,

-I-Charger Reply-

"
Full technical details, hp and torque curves will be posted shortly, including images.
Kits are available from 6 psi thru 20+ psi.
All kits are available from our offices or representatives world wide.

Regards
Scott "
Old 03-31-08, 11:33 PM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

Default SRT superchargers

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
This will fit the GS400. I haven't seen or heard of anyone using it though. It's a "roots" type supercharger (like the ones used on Rousch & Saleen Mustangs (mainly used on Domestic cars). Not as nice looking as the centrifigul type that many members here have. Cannot get your hands on the later because all (RMM, LMS, SRT) kits were discontinued for the GS400 a while ago. and SRT's website just says ".............coming" for about 2 years now.lol
SRT still does custom supercharger applications for the GS400...
Old 04-21-08, 10:20 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPRAboy80
SRT still does custom supercharger applications for the GS400...

Yes they sure do, I got a rough quote for $9,000 for my 2000 GS400

-Joe
Old 04-22-08, 05:33 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant take it. Ive wanted a SC since the day I bought my car.Ive modded everything else awaiting an affordable SC kit.Yeah SRT still makes custom kits they quoted me 10-12k and would need my car for 6weeks!!This i charge looks promising.
Old 08-09-08, 12:32 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the price of this kit you could have my complete supercharged SC400 1uzfe engine. It runs great and I love it but its on to bigger better more exspensive things.
Old 08-16-08, 02:33 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

this sounds interesting... does anyone know the reliability ratings on this company? its history?
Old 08-16-08, 02:46 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

By the way, I just e-mailed this guy again about a month or so ago, and again he replied, "soon". So I shot back, "yeah, you've been saying that for awhile--when's SOON?" I said that a few people on ClubLexus are awaiting this kit, and if this unending delay and unclear response were a reflection of the company, I'd hate to see the support I'd get should something go wrong...

Anyway, he replied back asking us to be patient, and that they were still working in the testing/troubleshooting stages. They do not want to release an unreliable kit to satisfy demand.

Fair enough. -- And so we wait.
Old 08-16-08, 03:06 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
By the way, I just e-mailed this guy again about a month or so ago, and again he replied, "soon". So I shot back, "yeah, you've been saying that for awhile--when's SOON?" I said that a few people on ClubLexus are awaiting this kit, and if this unending delay and unclear response were a reflection of the company, I'd hate to see the support I'd get should something go wrong...

Anyway, he replied back asking us to be patient, and that they were still working in the testing/troubleshooting stages. They do not want to release an unreliable kit to satisfy demand.

I have also emailed them and got the same results. I was exploring options since my complete supercharger set up is for sale. They seem really slow to reply.
Old 08-28-08, 11:13 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn

This company has had that on there site for more then 3 years! I wouldn't say there is going to be a kit. I emailed them a couple years ago and they said they had a kit so this sounds fishy... There manifold looks like the exact same cast as richwood...
Old 09-04-08, 05:28 PM
millions
Rookie

Not that this makes a kit any more likely, but I believe they are partners with or an american subdivision of richwood.
Old 09-04-08, 05:37 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by millions
Not that this makes a kit any more likely, but I believe they are partners with or an american subdivision of richwood.
Well there are a few companies using the Richwood lower manifold then putting there spin on the rest but they aren't partners in any way with Andrew I don't believe. They just buy the manifolds from him...
Old 09-04-08, 06:18 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
This will fit the GS400. I haven't seen or heard of anyone using it though. It's a "roots" type supercharger (like the ones used on Rousch & Saleen Mustangs (mainly used on Domestic cars). Not as nice looking as the centrifigul type that many members here have. Cannot get your hands on the later because all (RMM, LMS, SRT) kits were discontinued for the GS400 a while ago. and SRT's website just says ".............coming" for about 2 years now.lol
dont forget the loss of efficiency with the roots blower. The centrifugal blowers (IE RMM, vortech, etc.) have a much lower coefficient of parasitic drag on them (meaning it takes less of the engine's crank hp to spin the charger) than a roots type setup. The reason for this is that a centrifugal supercharger only has a turbine wheel, similar to that of a turbo. its a direct 1:1 from the drive belt to spinning the shaft of the blower. With a roots blower, the drive belt runs on a pulley, which spins a shaft, which turns a gear, which in turn spins 2 other gears, which spin two screw shafts. You can see just by the number of stop offs how much different the two systems are.

Quick Reply: Bullet (Australia) Supercharger?