Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust for boosted 2gs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 10:51 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for boosted 2gs

So Im plannin a 2jzgte swap sometime in the next few months and I dont know which direction to go with exhaust. Has anyone on here done a custom one-off single exhaust for a 2jz swap ? How much power can I make with an aftermarket dual muffler style cat back without sacrificing power, function and efficiency.

Im sure a 300rwhp 2jz 2gs would breathe fine thru a good off the shelf aftermarket cat back. However I plan on makin closer to 500. My question is what if any cat back can I get that will breathe well at that power level or should I do a custom single exhaust ?

I like how the blitz nur spec sounds as well as the apexi. The apexi is just mufflers tho. Or would I be better off goin for the greddy considering what I have planned. I also noticed that theres a carson tuned catback as well as a B-pipe. Is the b-pipe something thats included in the catback or a seperate part all together? Could I use that b-pipe with another brand exhaust such as the apexi ?Im not too crazy about the carson sound. Can I mix and match like that ? L-tuned mostly sells catbacks or rear sections but no midpipe sections that go after the cats are sold seperate except the carson. Sorry if it sounds like a noob question.

Bottom line is that I want a quality exhaust system that will hold up to all the fuel and air Im gonna be shoveling into that boosted engine . And no Im not gonna get an intake or even headers to go with it mostl likely considering my future plans for the car. Im not tryin to find the exhaust thats gonna gimme the most power with the NA motor, rather the one with the most potential.
Old 04-22-08, 11:50 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What size downpipe are you going to use? That should be your first concern before worrying about what exhaust to run.
Old 04-23-08, 11:16 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats part of why I made this thread. I want an exhaust that I can throw on now and keep in the long run once I do the swap. Size of the downpipe hasnt been decided yet.
Old 04-23-08, 01:37 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I remember correctly, any of the bolt on catbacks for the Gs are going to be no larger than 3" on the B-pipe, splitting off from there isn't an issue as you are running two pipes from the split which will flow plenty even at a reduced individual diameter.

Unless you have a custom downpipe made you are going to be running a 3" downpipe as well so if you just want something that will work for what you need then I would just go with one of the many premade catbacks out there, Greddy, Tanabe, etc... If you go on their individual websites they should list piping diameter, just search different catbacks until you find the ones that will be a good match to 3".

P.s- 25.4mm = 1 inch, most of the sites are going to be in mm so use that to convert.