Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe fit in my car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 08:34 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
The Lexus dealer can actually order an aftermarket exhaust for you? I didn't realize they can do that. I went to Ontario Lexus and the parts guy there said that they only stock the OEM Lexus performance exhaust.
I don't think Lexus Carlsbad (the dealer that sold me my car) does this but Bob Baker Lexus in El Cajon, CA put the Tanabe exhaust system on my car for about half the price of the OEM exhaust. That's why I went to them; I wanted a Lexus dealer to put on the Tanabe exhaust in case I had any warranty issues with the other dealer. They also put on the F-Sport air intake. I just felt a lot better having a Lexus dealer add these items and confirm to me that none of these would affect my warranty. If you call around I bet you will find a Lexus dealer that does the same thing. It's a money maker for them I'm sure. If you don't care whether a Lexus dealer puts it on, you can probably find someone that will sell you the exhaust and put it on for less than the Lexus dealer.
Old 05-06-08, 10:36 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you post a video on Youtube? I think you did because i saw it. It sounds good on the IS350. I certainly hope it counds the same for the IS250. I may also add the Joe-Z pipe too for cosmetic purposes. L-Tunes has a group buy right now for $610 I believe? And that's shipped too which is a really good deal. Ha, I wonder what will happen if I wait another year, lol. That exhaust is sure to drop in price since saturation will set in. Maybe sub $500 I'm predicting.

I can get it installed at a local muffler shop for about $60 so with the $610 + $60 labor, it's a really good deal.
Old 05-07-08, 06:37 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Did you post a video on Youtube? I think you did because i saw it.
Yes, here is a link to a more recent post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzN-QBcez8

And, here is a link to a video I made last year after I got the exhaust installed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VrnduuzgxQ

It sounds much better now than after it was installed.
Old 05-07-08, 08:19 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by twitte
Yes, here is a link to a more recent post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzN-QBcez8

And, here is a link to a video I made last year after I got the exhaust installed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VrnduuzgxQ

It sounds much better now than after it was installed.
It's hard to hear the intake due to Tanabe. I'll like to hear from someone with F sport intake without Tanabe.
Old 05-07-08, 09:16 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can hear the intake gets louder as you accelerate. Sounds similar to a CAI, but not as loud and distinctive.

I think I'm set on the Tanabe as well. It sounds like what a car should sound. Not too loud and not too quiet. It brings out the "performance" part of the IS.
Old 05-07-08, 11:50 AM
i2IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twitte
I actually got the OEM exhaust into my back seat. It was hard to get in and out and I wouldn't recommend doing it (I scratched the leather behind the driver's seat even with the use of a lot of towels). Never again.

Are we able to fit OEM exhaust in the trunk?